Our Favourite Ice Cream.

I forgot to say… I love you too...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our favourite ice cream. 

 

Chocolate mix Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream.

 

"W-what are you doing?" Her voice was soft and laced with confusion.

I turned sideways to look at her. She was short, shorter like me, her height barely reaching me. Out of nowhere, an urge of protectiveness washed over me, she just seemed so fragile. "What does it look like? Jessica. I'm walking you to class."

Her dark brown eyes flickered to mine, a frown adorning her face, "Why?"

My eyes narrowed at her expression. The frown didn't belong there; a smile should've graced her face. Not because I, Kim Taeyeon, was walking beside her, but because the frown didn't suit her. I wanted nothing more than to see her eyes crinkle with a wide smile spread across her beautiful face. It bothered me that I was the cause of her frown instead.

I could see that she was trying to speed up, but with my long legs okay shorter leg, I easily fell into pace next to her. "No reason." I said as I gave a small shrug. Obviously, the real reason was that I just wanted to be near her.

The frown was still in place as she turned away from me, clutching her backpack tightly.

"Taeyeon!"

I turned around when someone called out for me and noticed one of my friends coming towards me. "What?" I bit out. Couldn't she see that I was trying to find a way to get Jessica Jung to speak to me?

I glanced behind me and saw her scurry away, her silky pale blonde hair flowing past me.

"Who was that?" Sooyoung asked me.

The love of my life. "No one." I muttered, regretting my words instantly as they left my mouth. I let out a long sigh and then turned to Sooyoung again, "What is it?"

Sunny took in my expression and scoffed, "You look like I just squished your hamster with my foot."

I rolled my eyes, "Nice analogy. What is it?" I repeated. Classes would start in less than five minutes and I wasn't in the mood to have the entire student body stare at me as I entered late.

"Double date. You, me, Krystal and Stephanie."

I raised my eyebrows, "I didn't know you were interested in me in that way."

Sooyoung shot me a death glare and shoved me lightly, "Har, har. I'm serious Taeyeon, I need you there."

"I can't believe you're dragging me into this." I hissed, "You like Jessica, take her out by yourself."

"You know I get nervous as hell when I'm around her by myself." Sooyoung reminded me desperately. "Please, Taeyeonnnniee.” She tried aeygo so hard.

"I can't." And I honestly couldn't and I didn't want to either. I had no interest in Krystal. There was only one girl on my mind. "I have to work after classes."

"So? We'll come by the ice cream parlour."

"You want me to be on a date while I'm working?" My boss would fire me in an instant.

"Come on Taeyeon. Please help me out buddy." Sooyoung pleaded.

I knew Sooyoung liked Stephanie. Hell, she had a crush on her since the start of our freshman college year, but I couldn't believe she was dragging me into this.

"Can't you ask Hyoyeon to come with you?"

"Hyoyeon’s a douche." Sooyoung muttered. "Besides, Stephanie told me that Krystal really likes you. You two could totally hit it off!"

"No thanks." I declined.

"Taeyeon, cutie, I really need you to be there." Sooyoung even blinked her eyes and pouted. It looked very disturbing.

"Y'know what? Fine. Just this once. But you owe me big time."

Sooyoung breathed a sigh of relief as his face broke out in a smile. "You are my saviour, Taeyeon. I promise, I'll make it up to you!"

"Whatever. I'm heading off to class." I muttered. I can't believe I let Sooyoung talk me into this. If this was going to ruin my chances with Jessica Jung, I was going to kill her.

 

Classes had ended half an hour ago and now I was in the local ice cream parlour wiping the marble counter top. I seriously was not looking forward to that date.

"Smile, TaeTae." My younger sister hissed at me as she readjusted her pastel coloured apron.

"I don't want to." I said stubbornly as I washed my hands.

"You'll scare the customers away and it'll only piss our boss off." Irene warned me.

I forced a smile on my face. "Happy?"

"It'll do." She said, peering at my face. "Want to tell me what's wrong?"

"Irene. You're too young to understand anyway."

"I'm fifteen for God's sake." She said placing a hand on her hip. "I can already tell it's about a girl." An evil grin spread across her face. "It's Jessica, isn't it?"

The fake smile fell from my face and my eyes narrowed. "How'd you know?"

Irene shrugged. "My classmate. Her younger sister is in my Economics class. Apparently someone has been bothering her sister."

"I do not bother her." I retorted lamely.

"Stalker! You follow her around in school and act like a huge idiot. Of course she would be freaked out by you."

I blinked, "Wait, I freak her out?" She's afraid of me?

Irene blew her auburn bangs out of her face and put a hand on my shoulder, "Taeyeon Unnie, want my advice? Back off."

I frowned. "If I'm not around her, how will she know I like her?"

The evil grin returned, "So you like her? How much do you like her?"

I stared at her brown eyes which were nearly identical to my own. "A lot." I admitted. I had developed feelings for Jessica Jung ever since my first day of my first year of college . The only problem was that back then, she wasn't even aware of my existence.

"Aw, that is so cute!" Irene cooed. "My big sisters in love."

"Bae! Stop making fun of me."

Irene sighed and patted my shoulder, "Just give her some space. Don't hover around her all the time. Trust me, she'll notice you."

"And how come you're so knowledgeable about this subject?" I asked raising an eyebrow, "Do I have to worry about beating some guy up?"

Irene rolled her eyes, "Don't be a jerk."

The bell sounded as three people entered the establishment.

"Great." I groaned. I had nearly forgotten about that stupid double date.

Irene shot a questioning look at me but I just shook my head.

Sooyoung walked in with Krystal by her side. Stephanie trailed behind them. Sooyoung looked nervous as she casted a glance at me. "Taeyeon, hi."

"Hi." I greeted her without much emotion. Not looking forward to this at all.

"Taeyeon, this is Krystal." Stephanie introduced her friend. "I think you two know each other already, you both are in the same marketing class. Right?”

I gave her a nod of acknowledgement. "Nice to meet you again Krystal."

"You too." Krystal said a she flashed me a smile. Krystal seemed like a nice girl. But things could never work out between the two of us. Not when I already had someone else in my heart. Jessica’s face flashed in my mind and for some reason, I already missed her. God, I was pathetic.

"What can I get you?" Irene said as she held the ice cream scoop ready in her hand.

"Hi Irene." Sooyoung said, "I think we'll go for the strawberry sundae. It's Stephanie favourite."

I had to snort at Sooyoung. I knew that she was allergic to anything closely related to strawberry. The fact that our ice cream was organic and contained real fruit was going to bite him in the later.

"Are you sure?" Irene said raising her eyebrow after she finished preparing one of the two sundaes. She had obviously not forgotten that time when Sooyoung’s entire face bloated up from trying one small bite of strawberry when she was fifteen. She wanted to taste them so badly.

Sooyoung bit her lip. "Okay, fine change mine to a chocolate."

I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing.

Stephanie looked at Sooyoung, "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm allergic to strawberries." Sooyoung admitted sheepishly to her date.

A smile lit up Stephanie’s face, "And you wanted to eat it just to make me happy? That's so sweet of you."

I shook my head smiling. I had an inkling that those two were going to last. I glanced to my left. Shoot. Krystal was still there. I had totally forgotten about her. I cleared my throat and addressed her, "Krystal. What would you like?"

"I'll have a plain cone, thanks Taeyeon." She smiled.

I nodded and turned to prepare it. "Here you go."

"Thank you." She handed me her money.

I shook my head, "It's okay Krystal. My treat." The least I could do was pay for the cone.

Krystal blushed and nodded.

"Come on, let's sit." Sooyoung said, turning to the booths nearest to the counter.

Since they were the only customers in the store right now I figured I could just join them for a bit out of politeness. I didn't sit down; instead I stood with my body leaning against the wall.

After a few minutes of conversation I heard the bell chime again. I didn't look up since I knew that Irene was still behind the counter.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" Irene said cheerfully.

"Hi." A girl softly said.

My head shot up. I recognized that voice. I would recognize that voice everywhere. I glanced at her side profile. God, why did she have to be so gorgeous? Her soft hair was swept up in a pony tail and she had one hand in the pocket of her tan-coloured jacket coat.

I quickly pushed myself from the wall and stalked behind the counter, bumping Irene aside with my hip.

She shot me a death glare as she stumbled to the side. "." I heard her mutter.

"Hi," I greeted Jessica. Damn, I couldn't stop the smile on my face as I took her in.

She looked at me, her brown eyes startled. "Uh…,"

"What can I get for you?" I asked, trying to keep the creep factor low.

She cleared and gained her composure, "May I have one tub of mixing chocolate and vanilla ice cream?"

I nodded and turned to Irene, "You heard her."

Irene rolled her eyes and grabbed one empty ice cream tub and started filling it. I still noticed her faint grin though, so I knew my sister wasn't pissed at me.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked Jessica in an attempt to strike up a conversation. This was the first time that I've ever seen her enter the store. It was making me giddy. God, internally I was acting like a little school girl.

Jessica blinked, "Buying ice cream."

Oh. "Right." Of course. This was an ice cream parlour after all. Nice going, Taeyeon. "Chocolate Vanilla flavour your favourite?"

Jessica nodded slowly.

"I've never tried that flavour, actually." I didn't know why I just said that. I should've told her that it was also my favourite flavour. Yup! That my favourite too! This was my moment to bond with Jessica Jung and I screwed up!

"Oh." She said. "W-well, it's really good."

I nodded, making a mental note to try it as soon as I could. I glanced over to Irene and noticed that she just put the lid on the ice cream tub. I snatched it from her and handed it to Jessica. "Here you go." I said cheerfully.

"T-thank you." She murmured as she accepted it. She put a five dollar bill down on the counter.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." I said, pushing it back towards her. "Just take it."

"N-no." Jessica stammered. "I can't." She pushed the bill into my hand.

My face flushed as our hands touched. OUR HANDS TOUCHED.

Jessica turned around and quickly disappeared from the store.

"You are such a loser Taeyeon." Irene commented as soon as Jessica was gone.

I let my head drop and sighed, my hand still tingling from the contact, "I can't help it."

"Oh, my love-struck big sister." Irene exclaimed dramatically, "First of all, stop treating me like crap."

I nodded guiltily, "I'm really sorry Irene. I was kind of out of it." I felt bad about what I did to her just minutes ago.

"I saw that. You're so whipped. And did you notice the look on her face? She found you rude." Irene pointed out.

My heart dropped. "I was being a total jerk to you."

"I know you didn't mean it, sis." Irene reassured me kindly. "But be on your best behaviour from now on – like how you usually are."

I nodded.

"Remember what I said; just leave her alone for a while. Give her some space so she can breathe."

"Do you think she likes me?" I asked my sister. Maybe she picked up on something. Females usually read females well, right?

Irene pondered at that, "I don't know. She doesn't hate you, that's for sure."

"Really?" That was a good thing right? "How do you know?"

"Well, for starters, I noticed a faint blush when you started talking to her."

Hope seared within me, "Irene? Really?"

"Yeah. But perhaps it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter