After Life

After....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun's POV:

 

“Nooooooo”

 

I suddenly jerk up sitting on my bed during the night I was supposed to be sleeping. My breath is quickening as I try to calm myself and notice that I am sweating all over my face. My heart beats too fast and it makes me hurt like someone was squeezing it with blood dropping endlessly. My tears also even keep flowing down my cheeks without me knowing at all as I remembered the last scene in my dream.

 

“Remember our talk on Moon festival night? I said if my wish comes true then I will tell you. Right now I don’t have to wait until it comes true because I’ll be sure to go and find you even in my next next life. I believe I’ll definitely find you and fall in love with you again and love only you as long as I’m breathing.”

 

“Wait....for me”

 

So this was the complete ending of the whole story that I’ve been dreaming once I turned 18 recently. It’s been three months that I repeatedly dream about me? I suppose, and the guy’s name Kim Sunggyu but it would always be cut at the scene of us sitting on the mountain together.

 

I always thought that this was just a weird dream that everyone may experience it once in a while because dream is something delusional and we tend to ignore it even sometimes people might feel that the reality they are facing is somehow familiar to the ones they have been dreaming about.

 

In my case, it is just a dream. However, it starts to creep me out when every scene keeps appearing every time I close my eyes in which I remembered every small detail of it. I feel so real like it was really me in the story. Actually, the main character was no one but me I guess. He even had the same name as me now and face, body height and cheesy attitude were all like me. But I have never seen anyone I know in real life from my dream even my mother was exactly not the same like the one I had in dream. Especially, that Kim Sunggyu. I’ve no idea who he is in real life. I don’t remember knowing anyone with that small eyes, sharp pointed nose and jawlines, thin pink lips and………everything about that man.

 

The dream keeps giving me strange feelings because I can feel all the emotions that Woohyun’s had. Like I said, I feel like it was me and the dream was everything happening in my previous life.

 

At least, from time to time I feel strangely good because I always thought the woogyu couple in my dream ended up with happy ending in their love life until tonight. Finally, I saw the real ending of their love story and it........breaks my heart into pieces.

 

I face palm my face for a moment trying to console myself then I hear a knock of the door. I probably screamed a little loud earlier when I just woke up as I believe it might wake a light sleeper like Lee Sungyeol, my roommate.

 

Making sure my tears are nowhere to be seen on my face now, I pull the blanket off my body and climb off my bed, heading to the door. Sungyeol is in his cute pajamas when I open it.

 

“Are you Ok Hyung? I heard you scream.”

 

I sigh and nod my head in confirmation.

 

“Sorry Yoellie.”

 

“What happened Hyung? Mind sharing?”

 

“Hmmm....do you want to have a talk with me inside?”

 

Sungyeol observes me closely and then just nods as the sign of agreement following my lead inside my room.

 

Sungyeol is my childhood best friend which is just a year younger than me. We left our parents’ house to rent a small apartment much closer to our high school and my dream college where I prepare myself for the entrance exam right now after I passed my high school. Sungyeol still has one more year to go before he can join me in college.

 

We sat comfortably on my bed as I start explaining him what’s going on, the reason behind my sudden scream.

 

“Do you remember the repeated dream I always told you?”

 

“Yeah... since you mentioned about it all the time. So did your handsome prince Kim Sunggyu appear in your dream again?” Sungyeol chuckles in teasing manner but suddenly stops when he senses the seriousness and sadness on my face.

 

“There was another unexpected ending I have just seen.” I enlighten.

 

“What was that?”

 

“They both died at the end.” Sungyeol literally widened his eyes a little as I continue telling him what exactly happened. As I reach the end of the story, I don’t know when my tears start falling again, but I realize it now once Sungyeol wipes them away from my face.

 

“C’mon Hyung. This was just a dream after all and it doesn’t mean you are that Woohyun. Probably, you watch a lot of historical Kdramas recently like Scarlet heart Ryeo.” Sungyeol utters nonchalantly like a joke but I don't feel like one. I know very clearly but I feel very miserable witnessing their horrible ending this way.

 

“But I feel it is real Yeollie. It was me, that Woohyun. You even heard that fortune teller you brought me to. She said it could be my previous life. And it keeps going to my mind just to remind me of something I wanted to achieve in my previous life but never made it. That’s why it keeps hunting me until I find the root cause of this.”

 

Flashback to few weeks ago when Sungyeol dragged me to a fortune teller since Sungyeol is her regular customer. I have no idea what was in his mind whenever he came here to ask for his fortune. My problem now is way bigger to deal with.

 

“I’m not sure. Based on my knowledge, I believe soulmate stuff surely does happen. It may not apply in all cases but some people are meant to bound together with their only one soulmate despites how many times they are born again while some may meet new one in their current life. There could be some sort of special connection between you and your partner in previous life and it is a time to alert it or just remind you that you exist here in a new world with the previous life memory for some reason.”

 

“But it was just a dream.” I exclaimed.

 

“Because it’s the only way that can remind you, young man. A dream is drawn by your own thoughts. Even you have no idea about what happened before you started dreaming the repeated situation, it will still come to you when the right time comes.”

 

“Is there any possibility that the other would experience the same thing?” I was indeed curious too but Sungyeol asked her first.

 

“Yes. Your friend’s soulmate might be alerted at the right time if he is really born again in the same timeline with you. Or he might never exist at all in this new life.”

 

 

“It might be like what she said that he was your soulmate and you need to find him in order to solve all of your doubts or stop your creep hunted dream from appearing again. No wonder you never fall in love in these 18 years when the ones who chased you were all perfect but no one could make you feel loved and you heart beat fast.” Sungyeol is trying to change the atmosphere by te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter