Chapter 12

Catching Feelings


"I like you"

 

Even though he acted like a man in front of me, I could figure nervousness all over his face this time. He didn't bother breaking his eye contact with me for any second, making me mesmerized into his deep eyes that was sparkling right now.
The same eyes that always uttered the words he never said, the same eyes that captivated me since long ago.

 

 

Long ago, 

 

Far away since he greeted me the first time in our first year, right after that abrupt wound ruined all of my senses. But his over appealing personality was so strong that everyone liked him effortlessly, and I was disappearing around him.

 

I hated every guts he had, turning me to keep my head away from seeing his happiness around. Maybe it was because seeing him just like seeing the past me who let my parents left me forever.

 

And then he came again to me trying to make me believe that even a broken soul like me could be loved again. 


No one would bother knocking at my closed heart over and over again like the way he did. At the opposite, I broke his heart easily because of a simple request to be his friend. I was the one who made him turn to be just like me. The impact was even bigger when he did so, because of the number of people who loved him and cared for him. He taught me that seeing our loved ones drown in their agony alone will hurt us more. Just like I hurt my own self.

 

I wasn't familiar with the feeling when I really worried about him, not even the hurtful feeling when I saw him shut himself from everyone, desperately need to get an answer from him every night, and afraid to disappear around him again.

 

His kiss that night awakened me that those feelings were something they called love.


And if my wound could be healed, then it should be healed with love, the one thing that I lost, together with my parents at that accident.

 

The personification of that love itself is him, Do Kyungsoo.

Now, I will just let myself drown deeper into his soul.

 

 


"I like you too," 

 


The butterflies in my stomach flew racously as my heartbeats lost control and hit my chest like a hammer.

 


"So... could I call you my girlfriend now?" He hesitantly with pulled up his eyebrows and bitted his lower lips as he waited for my answer.

 

I replied him with a surprising hug that moved him a little closer because my pull was strong enough. I was startled too because of the beating sound that welcomed me as I leaned on his chest. That time, I thought they synced with mine. Not a moment after, I released my self from him and smiled at him as wide as I could pull. 

 

"Call me, yours."

 

Only if you know it, Do Kyungsoo, the end of this was already set, and either of us had any power to stop it from happening. Still, let me fall in love with you at this moment.

 

I'm sorry that I don't let you know the truth, that I will leave you someday.

 

"First of all, let's not end this night so fast."

 

He took the lead now and I followed him without asking where we would go next. And finally we arrived at an arcade game center. Honestly I wasn't good enough in playing games, so I hesitated at first when we were about to go inside.

 

"Let's warm up ourselves, shall we?"

He didn't wait for my answer and took me inside excitedly. 


There were many visitors playing some arcade games, like those old games, those with guns, or the highlight, dance dance revolution.

We stopped near to the crowd around the machine. There were two gamers now dancing to KARA's Step who got difficulties on their moves. Once, they finished the games, people around were clapping for their show. 


"I dare you dance to Lucifer, Kyung."


A little tease from me could make him awkwardly held his smile. Later, he pulled off his glasses and saved it on the case inside his bag. After doing so, he pulled me into the crowd forcefully.

 

"Challenge accepted, together with you, Sora."

He pulled me up on the machine which made the crowd teased us with whistles and teasings.
Once I got a grip on myself back, I looked at him who was smiling so wide while he slide his card on the machine to play the games.


"You said Lucifer right?"

"Kyung, I don't..."

I gulped my own saliva while I was seeing the machine floor with hesitation and him swiping the touchscreen to play the music.

 

"Let's have a battle now, and the loser will grant the winner wish."

"You kidding me? I had no chance of winning at all."

"You dared me, remember?"

 

The machine started the countdown and the song played. Onew's voice was always so nice to hear, but this time it sounded intimidating as the pointers on the screen started appearing waiting for me to move.

 

I hold on to the pole behind me to support my moves. It was possible for me to handle at first, but the speed was improving as the cheers from the crowd got louder. I was missing out some moves, but I managed to finish it as I remembered that this was nothing compared to the original choreography,  though I was about to lose my breath at the final stage. I instantly sat down on the floor as it ended, catching my breath and wiping the sweat which were appearing on my forehead and neck.

 

"As expected, a SHINee fan." He said in the middle of his panting breaths.

 

The people were clapping out loud and screamed when the result came out. I could hear their praising "Daebak" clearly with their shocking voice. Then I looked up at his side who was leaning at the pole, laughing lightly while looking back at me while his hand caressing his hair from which the sweat were drooling and flowing through his forehead.

 

"I'll take the punishment then."

 

He was approaching me to help me stand up by supporting my weight on his hands. As I made it to balance myself, I stared at the result which was showing that I beat him by a slight points. That much shock on my face made me opened my mouth without my knowing. Did he just let me win by chance?

 

"Poppohae! Poppohae!" cheered the crowd which made me flustered in front of him.

 

"I'll punish you later,"

"Why?"

"I just haven't thought about that yet"

"Well, you could do it now though. Like what they said just now."

 

His words delivered shivers to my spine that made my cheeks blushed even worse. He was there awkwardly smiling at me, moreover because of the crowd chanting on us.

 

"No, I'm saving that punishment for later."

I didn't wait for too long to take him down and escaped us from the crowd.
But he stopped me from getting out from the place just yet.

 

"Let's take a photo first!"

His hand took control of mine and dragged me along with him to the photobox at the corner. There was a couple editing their photo on the computer with stickers and stuffs. I had a lot of photos like that before, with my old friends who I never met anymore after the accident.

 

He uncovered the curtain and told me to go inside first. Once he sat beside me, I was awkwardly shifted to keep a distance from him which he didn't notice because he was sliding the card and fixing his messy hair again.


"Come here, it will be better."


He said when the screen now showing a nine-grid camera box for our photo. I looked at him speechlessly but he was whining saying "hurry," then ended up took me by shoulder to close the gap between us. He my hair fast and suddenly

 

 

 

 

He took my hair tassel off, 

and made my deep brown medium hair fell softly on my back and some swung forward freely on the air. I was shocked and took his hand spontaneously, but he tightened his grab on my shoulder, making our other shoulder bumped.

 

"Cheese!"

He smiled at the camera when I still had that shocked face while seeing at him, and when I was fixing my fallen hair, I took a look at the camera, and it was snapped just on time as he stared at me while smiling.

 

"Now, V sign, Sora."

He made a V sign on his left eyes and I could see through the screen, that heart shaped smile appeared on his face as the camera was counting down, and I finally doing the same pose with closed eyes and smile.

"A ha"

He just smile wide while I just mouthing "A" and blank expression.
Next, he squished my cheeks which made me doing so on his chubby cheeks, but harder and made him held his pain.

 

"Now, blank" I told him

"Ugly face." Still my idea but we had fun making it leaving us laughing at each other while the shutter didn't stop snapping our moments.

 

"Lastly, "

He said before he grab my arms with his hands, and made me face him as his face getting closer to mine, 

 

 

My hand found the way to stop his movement by his chest, but somehow when he closed his eyes, I followed him closing mine as well.

Damn, girl.

 


All I could fell was his warm breath in front of my lips, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


But his warmth disappeared before I felt it.

 


A cancelled kiss.

 

 

 


"It's done! Let's decorate it outside!"

He shouted it happily while I was there managing my breath back to normal and cursed him in silence for what he just did to me.

It's not good for my weak heart, Do Kyungsoo.


Since I never experienced it with any boys before him.

Only him who could push and pull my heart like this, making me falling for him like a fool.

 

"Han Sora, why are you not coming outside?" He asked me from outside.

"Just decorate it yourself. Don't put over dramatic filters, Kyung!"

 

I waited there for about two minutes and finally gathered up my confidence to step outside and by the time I came to him, he was still there in front of the screen and decorating it with electric pen. 


He made many doodles on it, making us looked like cat, bunny, adding crowns on top of our head, or small ribbon on my hair which I just watched him doing so while giggling.

 

Except the last photo which he left it original. The one that made me embarrassed even now.


He filled the email with his email and proceeded to get the photo printed and cut into 9 pieces small photos.


We chose the photos we want to keep, but he was being greedy by taking all the good ones, the first, second, fourth, and sixth photo. While I took the rest. I was staring at the last photo, and realizing that at the time the camera snapped it, I was the one closing my eyes with my hand still holding on his chest while he opened his eyes and smiling in front of me.

 

"You can have this one. It was so embarrassing."

He smiled at me as he took it.

"I'll save it nicely then. Like your heart."

 

He just said cheesy things again that made me rolled my eyes and showing it to him. He just saying more cheesy things along the way and made me covered my ears and making random sound with my mouth jokingly. He was laughing and we made our way to go home at last, hand in hand.

 

"Thank you for being my first love, Han Sora."

I was shocked because of his statement. Did he mean it? I was his first love? All this time, when he could just pick anyone at school to be his girlfriend? Doubt was drawn all over my face and he replied by taking an assumption.


"Ah.. it's not for you then." His lips were forming a bitter smile when he said so.

"Yes, I had a first love back then. But, it was unrequited one. So, you are officially my first too, Kyung."

"Really?"

"So, please be happy, because you're my happiness starting from now."


I told him just before we crossed the street near my apartment.


"I don't wanna see you hurt anymore, Sora. Let me take your pain.".

He told me more with serious face this time


"You know I won't let you."


"Then let me."


I smiled at the boy who was caring about me too much, the boy who always acted like my guardian since a long time, the boy who finally I called boyfriend.


"Now, please go home straight. You should rest well."

I said as I broke our intertwined hands and he chuckled because of my words.


"Will you come on Sunday, my teacher? Err.. no.. my girlfriend?"

"Yes, student Do Kyungsoo. No, no, I mean my boyfriend."


We both laughed and stared into each other before I prepared to close my apartment door.

"Good luck for your practice tomorrow. I'll look forward to your cool dance!"


He did mention that he was going to record their debut song and learn the dance as well. He was saying that he wanted to be someone who had something unique in his team, to be an outstanding one, just like his motto. To be number 1. 

 

Yes, just like his position now in my heart.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as I laid on my bed, I opened my phone and found his email with our photobox on my inbox.

 

"I still like the last one❤"

 

I just downloaded the photo and staring at it while his other text come to my kkt inbox.

 

"❤❤❤"


Is he being obsessed with love emoji right now? 


I found my self giggling alone under my blanket, and stop doing so when I replied him.

"ㅋㅋㅋ, ❤"

"Check out my status message."

 

It's funny how I obediently followed his instruction now. I checked it and shocked because of the photo and it's caption.

 

In relationship❤
*Insert the last photo tonight*


I'm going crazy, I'm going crazy, he's really doing it

 

It's definitely an eye catching status for everyone who got permitted to see this status, there were many comments on his post. I was hesitated to read them, but finally I clicked on the icon...

 

"OMG"


"How could you, Do Kyungsoo?"


"You said you don't want to be in relationship."


"That is shocking."


"Who's the girl?"


"You should be joking right, Kyung?"


"She's beautiful"


"Maybe someone just played pranks with his phone."


"It couldn't be real."


"There was a photo."


"Is that Han Sora?"


"Finally! I know you're never a gay!"


"Oppa... I lost my hope."


"What Han Sora?"


"Ya! Dongsaeng-ah stop making noises, I'm trying to sleep now."


"Good news! Treat me toppokki after tomorrow practice, Kyungsoo!"


"It doesn't seem like her."


"Do Kyungsoo, you should learn for your exam,"


"I couldn't believe it's Han Sora."


"I thought it's an other school student. There's no one as beautiful as her in our school."


"Just accept the fact, girls. Han Sora is the one in the photo, as she was the one who are glued to him lately."


"He could be just playing pranks on Han Sora."

 

"The rumors are true"


"Yeah, let's do something on her again."


"She was boring person, definitely your opposite."


"His classmates here. Not shocked, Kyungsoo with Sora is real everyone."

 

"No, it's hoax."

 

"Please, girls."


I stopped reading the comments as another text came from him.

"Can I call you now?❤"

"Sure."

Not after a minute, my phone was ringing because of his call. I answered it as the second ring heard.


"Well, that was fast."


"Hmm what do you want to say?"


"Aniyo, just want to hear your voice once again."


"Kyung-ah, "


"Wae?"


"Your status..."


"It's okay. I want everyone knows about us."


"I thought you don't like spoil things,"

 

"Yes, only the uncertain ones. Definitely not us."

 

Uncertain? Definitely not us.

 


"I'm sleepy now, can you sing me a song?"


"Hmmm.... what do you want me to sing?"


"Anything"

 

He was thinking for a while, then I could hear his beautiful voice through my phone, singing Na Yoon Kwon-Expectation for me


I'm afraid--I'm afraid for my weakness
I'm afraid for me, who is nothing without you
You know that I only embrace and know you in my heart

You know that I have no one but you
Just like those days when you were my everything,
Let me love you again

I don't expect anything
All you need to do is stay beside me
Even if cast myself aside
If only you believe in me, I can do anything


I'm afraid--I'm afraid for my weakness
I'm afraid for me, who is nothing without you
You know that I only embrace and know you in my heart


"How is it?"

"Sora-ya?"

"You slept, Han Sora?"

" Hmmm..."

"God, please let her sleep tight and keep her warm tonight"

 

His love was sincere, his love was sweet, his love was addictive, but his love was certain just like he said, with fixed time, which making me cry in silence while hearing his voice

.

.

.

.

.

because I knew where  exactly the short path I shared with him would come to end.

But somehow, my lips stretched forming a smile.