Girl Scout Cookies (2yeon)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Prompt from Lifewithoutmichaeng

 

Please leave some fun prompts!!

 

Ngl I have genuinely forgotten how old Jae-Yun is so we’re going to say she’s now 14 nearly 15.

 

Girl Scout Cookies (2yeon)

 

Jae-Yun knew she shouldn’t have said anything.

 

It was going to be her last time selling girl scout cookies and she was looking forward to trying to win her final sale. She had told her parents about her desperation to win, which was probably not the best choice in hindsight. Her mothers were very competitive, to the point that Jihyo had banned monopoly from their house. Jae-Yun was pretty sure the last time they played Cluedo Umma Nayeon had threatened to kill Jeongyeon in the bedroom with a candle stick. That game was now also on the banned list. So as she brought up her wish to win the cookie sale contest she realised quickly that she had reignited her parents’ competitive nature.

 

She’d walked in for breakfast that morning intending to ask her parents if they could convince her Unnie’s to buy up all the boxes. Momo would for sure and Sana would buy loads (they were slowly getting back in each others good books, Jae-Yun had even started calling her Squirrel-Unnie again instead of Evil-Unnie). Jae-Yun had sat at the table and calmly said she was going to go try and sell Jokbal-Unnie some cookies and her parents began arguing over the best tactic to sell the most cookies. Seriously you could give any topic to those two and it would spark the debate of the century.

 

“You need to go door to door,” Jeongyeon had suggested, “Get everyone in the building to buy a box.”

 

“Bullsh---shiney,” Nayeon censored herself in time, “You need to go to the police station and fire station, they’ll buy tons of boxes!”

 

“But what if they don’t?” Jeongyeon retorted, “At least you have a for sure that people in the building will buy at least one!”

 

“Wanna bet?”

 

“Umma Nayeon….no!” Jae-Yun desperately tried,

 

“No, no, Jae-Yun-ah if Umma Nayeon wants to bet I’d be a fool to turn her down,” Jeongyeon stood from the kitchen table and folded her arms, “Especially since I’ll win.”

 

“C’mon guys….”

 

“Oh you really think so? I bet I can make more money selling them to the stations than you can going door to door.”

 

“This is stupid…”

 

“And when I win?” Jeongyeon smirked,

 

“I’ll do whatever you want in there.” Nayeon said pointing towards their bedroom,

 

“I DIDN’T NEED TO HEAR THAT I AM FETUS!”

 

“Oh it’s on!”

 

“What have I started….”

 

_____

 

We’ll follow Jeongyeon first, the tallest of the couple had split the cookies in half and taken two boxes on a wagon to try and get rid of around the building. She was knocking on every single door, if the owner slammed it in her face she’d knock even harder - refusing to take no as an answer. She had pretty much sold the entirety of the first box within an hour, proud with the knowledge that Nayeon would definitely still have both of her boxes in the back of her car. Jae-Yun had been left upstairs since her parents both thought she would slow down their selling and so as her mothers worked tirelessly flogging her cookies, Jae-Yun sat upstairs and texted her boyfriend (don’t tell Jeong).

 

It was the last door on the fourth floor and Jeongyeon pulled the wagon over, knocking loudly. There was no answer, not wanting anybody to skip on forking over their money for her daughters cookies……..she means because she didn’t want anybody missing out, Jeongyeon put her ear against the door in order to listen to movement. For the first second she didn’t hear anything, then there were very faint shuffling sounds on the other side of the door and the television was taken off mute. Jeongyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter