As Long as it Takes (Dahmo)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N - This is a prompt from pretty much all of you!

 

As Long As It Takes (Dahmo)

 

Dahyun liked her weekly sessions.

 

Her therapist was a lovely man who really cared about getting her better. In the beginning she had been scared of being alone with a man, especially due to the subject matter but Dr Lee had this way of putting people at ease. Plus he had been Tzuyu’s therapist so she knew Dr Lee was a professional. It was nice to be able to talk everything through with someone and really let all her feelings off her chest. Dahyun loved Momo, loved her so much that it made her sad she couldn’t do more. But she was scared of telling Momo the dark thoughts she’d had, Momo was always an optimist and Dahyun didn’t want to make her upset by saying things like the points she wished he’d killed her that day. Momo knew, she wasn’t a complete idiot, she was aware that her girlfriend was very badly affected by what had happened. Dahyun just wanted to save her from some of it, so instead she talked it through with her therapist.

 

It really did help.

 

“So Dahyun,” Dr Lee began, “How was your week?”

 

“Good, my friend Chaeyoung got a goldfish!” Dahyun grinned, “Her girlfriend killed it by accident but it was fun for a while. I helped her buy it!”

“You left the house without Momo?” Dr Lee asked surprised,

 

“No,” Dahyun blushed, “Chaeyoung had me on video call. My friends like to make sure I’m included.”

 

Dr Lee smiled, “What sort of things to they do?”

 

Dahyun grinned, “Well Nayeon doesn’t do much but…”

 

Dahyun had been up all night, even though it had been a long time since she’d been attacked she couldn’t sleep very well. She wondered if he slept well - doing what he did to those women and then tucking himself in for the night to dream of the sweetest things a could dream of. It made her sick, she shouldn’t be suffering - he should. Her poor Momo was asleep on the couch (not sleeping in bed at the time in case she got to close and scared Dahyun). Jihyo asleep in her own room, the trio living together since Michaeng moved into Mina’s apartment together. So Dahyun stood on the fire escape, enjoying the fresh air. Watching the city move below her.

 

“Dahyun?”

 

She jumped at Nayeon’s voice.

 

“Sorry! Only me!” Nayeon said standing next to her on the railing,

 

“It’s okay,” Dahyun sighed, trying to return her heartbeat to normal, “I’m okay.”

 

“I’m to loud for my own good sometimes.” Nayeon laughed, “Why are you out here?”

 

“Couldn’t sleep, you?”

 

“I never can sleep when Jae-Yun isn’t home. Jeongyeon took her to visit her family.”

 

“That .”

 

Nayeon studied her a moment, “You know this is where Jeongyeon goes when she has one of her episodes. She said it makes her happy to hear the bustling of the streets below, there’s always an order to things and that makes her happy.”

 

“What order is there down there?” Dahyun asked sceptically,

 

“Watch the traffic lights.”

 

The light were quite far down but were visible by the intersection.

 

“In thirty seconds the ones on the left will turn red while the rest turn green. It never differs from this pattern. Those ones will always be red when those ones are green and that never changes, the alternate every 85 seconds. When Jeong is stressed and feels like everything is wrong she’ll count the seconds between the changes.”

 

“Does it help?”

 

“Helps her, why don’t you try it? I’ll wake Jihyo and demand she makes us hot chocolate.”

 

“Seems like you needed that pep talk,” Dr Lee smiled, “Did it work?”

 

“It really did,” Dahyun confessed, “I do it all the time now.”

 

“I suppose Jihyo wasn’t too happy being woken up.”

 

“Eh, if it were only Nayeon she would’ve hit her. But lately she’s been cooking for us…”

 

“Jihyo I can’t eat any more!” Dahyun groaned from the sofa,

 

Ever since Dahyun’s stomach had grumbled two hours ago Jihyo had been churning out meal after meal with snacks in between. Every ten minutes a new dish was set in front of her and out of the kindness of her heart Dahyun would force it down. Momo, who was also getting her own meals, was happily hoovering up Dahyun’s left overs. It was a nightmare with force feeding, well to Dahyun. Momo was giggling at her misfortune, a few months ago she would have pecked the pout her girlfriend was displaying but she couldn’t. Probably for the best as Jihyo rounded the corner with yet another dish.

 

“Nonsense!” Jihyo clucked, “You’re still really thin, eat.”

 

“But I can’t--”

 

“I SAID EAT!”

 

“Yes ma’am.”

The door opened and a visibly struggling Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter