Monsters (Satzu)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N - This includes a prompt from elarcon - who is amazing :) THIS LEADS ON FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!!

 

Ghosts (Satzu)

 

“W-What did you say?” Sana asked sitting up,

 

“Move in with me.” Tzuyu repeated, “You practically live with me anyway.”

 

Sana just watched her for a moment, not saying anything. Tzuyu began to panic, she knew this was all new to Sana - maybe it was too soon?

 

“Y-You don’t have too it’s just that I like having you there and I really don’t want you to live away from me. But it’s fine if it’s too soon, I can wai---mmf.”

 

Sana pounced, her lips stopping Tzuyu’s back-pedalling. She lay on top of the younger, not allowing space to breathe. Her earlier surprise had quickly dispersed when she saw Tzuyu’s usual calm façade crack. Pinning the younger girl to the couch beneath them Sana poured as much love into the kiss as she could, hoping Tzuyu would understand her answer. Eventually they parted for air.

 

“W-Was that a yes?” Tzuyu panted,

 

Sana pecked her nose, “Of course, like you said I practically live there anyway.”

 

Tzuyu beamed up at her, “We’re living together.”

 

“We are.” Sana grinned back,

 

She leant down to kiss the girl again, but Tzuyu’s phone interrupted them. It was Kang. Sana left the siblings to speak and sped down the fire escape to where their concerned friends were surprised at the sight of bubbly Sana with smudged lipstick. She enthusiastically told them everything that had happened, leaving Jeongyeon to cover poor Jae-Yun’s ears. Mrs. Myoui had returned from shopping at this point and felt pride rise within herself. Whilst Mina was her only daughter, Sana and Momo were also precious too her. Sana had a difficult upbringing and while no woman would ever be good enough for her girls, Tzuyu made Sana a better person. A fact the old woman was happy for. When Tzuyu walked down the steps however she looked anything but happy.

 

“Wow,” Dahyun whistled, “You look….overjoyed.”

 

“Tzu? What’s wrong? Is it Kang? The baby?” Sana asked approaching her,

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “Their fine, great actually. My brother has asked Sung-Yoon to marry him.”

 

“Well that’s great!” Jihyo said, confused, “Isn’t it?”

 

“She wants to meet the family.”

 

“I thought she’d met your Dad already?” Sana asked beginning to see what was going on,

 

“She wishes to meet both our parents,” Tzuyu told them, “And because Kang doesn’t want that…man anywhere near the home of his child he asked if I’d host the dinner.”

 

“You said no right?” Chaeyoung asked,

 

Tzuyu shrugged, “It’s for my brother, how could I?”

 

Mrs. Myoui, knowing the story of Tzuyu’s upbringing from Mina, spoke up, “If you would like for me to sit in on the dinner for support, I will happily do so.”

 

Tzuyu smiled kindly and shook her head, “No, I don’t want anyone exposed to him.”

 

Mina thought for a moment before coming up with a plan, “Why don’t we hang around on the fire escape all evening? Then if you need a break, or if he tries anything, we’ll back you up.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“But I’m going to be in there with you.” Sana announced,

 

“Sana, I can’t--”

 

“Hush, it’s my apartment too. I’m not leaving you in there by yourself.”

 

And thus it was agreed.

 

_____

 

Tzuyu was pacing by the door in her wine coloured dress, feeling an all too familiar fear. It felt like she was fifteen again, waiting for her step-father to come home to find one thing out of place and beat her black and blue. She was a police officer dammit, she’d fought worse - arrested worse. She had been bullied, broken, stabbed, shot and shattered yet when it came to Chen Ti-Sái she reverted back to the scared little girl she had been all those years ago. Sana had watched her, setting up the table and making sure dinner wasn’t burned. She knew that Tzuyu was scared, so she had to be as helpful as she could be.

 

Her brother arrived first with Sung-Yoon and their father, the old man making sure his daughter knew that he would not let anything happen. Her mother arrived alone, with a black eye. Sana studied the matriarch and saw her as a strong woman. A strong woman that had to be beaten down by a larger man to get her to bend to his bidding. Tzuyu should not be afraid or angry at this woman - she should pity her. There was no warmth to Ling, Tzuyu’s mother, she was pure ice. Sana felt sorry for her. The meal was awkwardly silent, nobody really saying anything after Mama Chou had told them that Ti-Sái would be coming to join them at some point.

 

“Daddy, can you pass me the salt?” Tzuyu asked breaking the silence,

 

As Sana reached for the salt to pass it over her hand collided with Tzuyu’s REAL father’s. The man raising an eyebrow as Kang sniggered into his had and Sana vaguely head someone face-palm from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter