The Intervention (Satzu)

Fire Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N - So this is another sad one but it’s the last sad one I have planned. Also 2yeon will be the focus of the last few chapters of this “series”. I did some research on dreams for this one.

 

The Intervention (Satzu)

 

Tzuyu walked through the doorway and into a long hall. The walls were pristine white, the floors were made of a marble like substance which reflected the girl’s figure in them. When she turned to walk back through the entrance the door had moved, turning back she saw a red door at the end of the hall. Looking down at her reflection she realised she was and began to try and cover herself up. As she began to walk towards it an unsettled feeling was in her chest, like when she would watch a scary movie with Sana and you knew something was about to jump out of the screen. The area was silent, only the sound of Tzuyu’s bare feet on the cold floor.

 

As she neared the door she noticed random photos had appeared on the walls, they were of her as a child. Pictures that she knew she had taken with her father - but his image was not in them. Stopping for a moment she closely studied one of the photos, only to realise that her eyes within them held no pupils. When she turned back she was at the end of the hall suddenly, unable to remember how far down the hall way she had walked before pausing to look at the photograph. Every inch of her was screaming for her to not open the door but Tzuyu reached out anyway.

 

The door revealed a darkened hallway that looked all too familiar, a wind blew from behind her pushing her through the door way. Tzuyu turned desperate to return to the white hallway, but once again the door was gone. Taking a breath she walked round the corner of the hallway. Suddenly, she was in her uniform, Tzuyu could see Jackson laying dead on the floor - surrounded by blood. Mark stood facing her, a small smile on his face. He opened his mouth to say something…

 

BANG!

 

A bullet went into his back and his face changed, he looked angry and his eyes rolled back and began to bleed. Blood pouring out of his chest and his eyes, he raised a shaky arm out to her - pointing straight at her nose.

 

“YOU DID THIS TO ME!” He roared before stumbling foreword and collapsing on to the floor,

 

Tzuyu could now see the shooter and he began raising his gun again. She fumbled with the gun in her pocket, managing to get it out and aim just in time.

 

CLICK

 

It was out of bullets. The shooter smiled, turning his head as his crazy eyes got wider and he lifted his gun further. She felt the feeling of the bullet impacting her, she fell to the floor but felt no pain. She stared at Mark and Jackson’s corpses, decaying before her eyes. The shooter stood over her with his twisted smile and shot her again - this time she heard the deafening noise and felt the pain. With a blink it was gone. Tzuyu opened her eyes and saw she was again in the white hallway, she saw the red door. She didn’t want to go through it again but she felt herself being compelled to do so.

 

“Tzuyu?”

 

She didn’t want to open the door again.

 

“Tzuyu, baby. It’s just a dream.”

 

Her hand was on the handle. Not again, please not again!

 

“Yo, Tzuyu? You okay.”

 

“Tzuyu?” Sana’s gentle voice called,

 

Tzuyu’s eyes snapped open, she was on her kitchen floor - shaking in Sana’s embrace. She was surrounded by her friends, all looking at her in concern. They had been having a movie day when Tzuyu had gone to make popcorn. Nobody had thought anything of it until they heard it all start popping, Jihyo had walked into the kitchen to check on her only to find Tzuyu with her eyes tightly shut and holding her ears. Jihyo had walked forward and tapped on her shoulder causing Tzuyu to scream and promptly faint. It had taken them ten minutes to wake her as she figited in fear of whatever nightmare was playing behind her eyelids. A terrified Sana tried to comfort her as she had learned to do, but the others were at a loss. They knew Tzuyu was depressed: hardly eating, spending all her spare time in bed and a few other symptoms. But they hadn’t realised how traumatised the officer really way.

 

Tears were streaming down the girl’s face as she turned to find Sana and lunged into her embrace. Sana hushed her and rubbed her back, every time Tzuyu slept it was the same dream over and over. Every time Tzuyu was shot she’d go back into the hallway forced to repeat her actions again and again. It hurt Sana to see her this broken, sparing a look at the others it was hurting them too. For them it was horrifying to see the usually composed and savage Chou Tzuyu openly weeping in her girlfriends arms. Sana kept placing pecks on Tzuyu’s forehead until the girl started to recover, sobs replaced with shaky breaths.

 

“Tzuyu?” Jihyo called quietly, unshed tears in her large eyes,

 

The young girl turned her head to look at them, shame clouding her features as she looked down. The worry on everyone’s faces made her feel worse, she didn’t want to scare them. Sensing Tzuyu was uncomfortable Sana asked Jeongyeon to help her get the girl on her feet. Tzuyu was unsteady, leaning on Jeongyeon as the older girl led her to her room. Sana knew that when Tzuyu had a nightmare she would be able to get a few hours of dream free rest immediately after. She would check on the girl later, right now she knew there were questions her friends would want answers too.

 

“Is that what you meant when you said you didn’t know if she was okay?” Jihyo asked once they were all on the couch,

 

“I don’t know what’s normal and what isn’t in these situations.” Sana replied with a sigh,

 

“She needs help Sana,” Jeongyeon told her gently, “Real help.”

 

“I know, but she wont listen to me.”

 

Momo hugged Sana’s neck gently from behind the arm chair, Momo wasn’t good at words so she always used actions. She smiled slightly as Sana leant back into her friend’s comfort. Mina sat on her knees in front of the chair, rubbing the back of Sana’s hand. The others were all scattered around the room, each looking at Sana with concern. Dahyun was taking it hard, having realised that her words had probably made things worse.

 

“Maybe we need an intervention.” Chaeyoung suggested,

 

“Intervention? Aren’t those for like people that are addicted to things?”

 

“They’re for someone who doesn’t see a problem.” Nayeon explained,

 

“Who do we invite?”

 

“Elkie, Pinky and Jackson for sure,” Sana said, “They’re the ones she’s worried she’s let down.”

 

“We shouldn’t all be here.” Mina added, “Sana needs to be and maybe someone to represent the rest of us.”

 

“Jihyo.” Jeongyeon said, looking at the younger girl, “She’ll listen to you.”

 

Jihyo nodded and Sana continued, “We should call her brother too and I have someone else I want to ask.”

 

“Okay,” Jihyo agreed, “When do we do this?”

 

“Tonight.”

 

_____

 

A few hours of restless sleep later Tzuyu awoke, alone, in her dark room. Usually Sana would come and lay with her after a while but Tzuyu thought she may still be fielding questions from their friends. She sighed, she’d really scared them earlier. They didn’t deserve that, God she was so stupid. Getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter