Rival

A Rival (Wheebyul Fluff)

It was always like this when she came back home. The house was a complete mess as her wonderful cutie of a girlfriend lay lazily on the couch seemingly asleep through what seemed to be an aftermath of an earthquake.

 

"I'm home," The blonde Byul hollered for her partner as she was stepping over the mess of cat toys on the once so pristine washed out grey planks of wood. She slowly reached the living room and was greeted by the image of her adorable little puppies on the couch resting: Wheein softly hugging Daebakie with a soft smile as her eyes were shut tightly.

 

She softened at the sight. Moonbyul sighed, placing her binder on the coffee table that was adjacent to the two cuties. cautiously, she walked to the kitchen the slightest muffled taps of her feet echoing around their cozy and warm house. No matter how quiet it was, it never seemed to surprise her.

 

He was awake.

 

mrrrow~ The small noise broke the silence. Byul's eyes widened , turning her head to the direction of her one and only rival. 

 

 

"Ggomo! Shhhh" The blonde Byul whispered violently, attempting to hush the small kitten. Just moments ago, she remembered that she saw the cat sleeping in it's bed away from Wheein and Daebak and now it was awake just in time to give the tall girl her daily annoyance.

 

As if it was mocking her, Ggomo padded a few steps forward and stomped on the ground with an even louder mewl. By now, Byul had already panicked, worriedly looking back at her two babies sleeping on the couch to the very noisy kitty.

 

"Your mom is sleeping. Go and sleep too or something" She pointed at the cat bed that was all the way to the corner of the living room. The cat gave her a blank stare and sat down in front of her. 

 

 

The girl groaned as she picked up the feline, it's four legs going limp as she carried the cat to bed. 

 

 

"YOU sir, need to stop doing this" Byul mumbled, angrily cursing at the cat. Reaching her destination she gently brought her rival down to the very soft bed. This cat was honestly too pampered. Now in the comfort of his bed, Ggomo pawed at the soft surface, claws showing itself and hiding once again as he made himself comfortable. The cat's folded  ears twitched slightly as he finally laid down. He propped his chin on his small paws.

 

Byul let out a deep sigh of frustration. She stood up, planning to resume her now broken usual routine.The ravenette walked over to the couch where Wheein and Daebak were asleep in, clutching a blanket on one hand and carefully covered them with the soft material.

Almost immediately, Wheein snuggles onto the blanket, making Byul's gaze instantly soften. 

 

She felt a small tug on her left pantleg. Glancing down, she was met with the kit yet again, his gaze focusing on his, now sound asleep and very comfortable, human then glancing up at the tall girl as if demanding something.

 

"what? do you want to sleep with them too?" Byul's raspy yet gentler voice reached the kitten, it's ears twitching at the woman's rasp. 

 

mmmrroww~ it seemed to shake it's head. Ggomo jumped on the edge of the couch, just over the blanket, and curled up into a ball. Without closing it's eyes, it turned towards the blonde as if inviting her. With a smile, she obliged. She snuggled into the cat, softly sandwiching the pets in between her and Wheein. 

 

'Maybe he isn't so much of a rival after all...'