eight

⎾ D E V O T I O N ⏌
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
the comeback "I missed my hometown." "It's not even your hometown!"

“So.. you’re saying that you went to your family lake house, but there’s two separated mansion, you and your mom , Jaebum and your dad?” Jinyoung replayed what Nayeon said after he asked her about what they  been doing since they were away. “And you had no idea what your dad and Jaebum do?” Nayeon nods her head then leans closer to Jinyoung.

“But don’t tell others, because My Mom told me not to tell the truth. She told me to say that four of us were resting at our lake house, together.”

“You didn’t ask your Mom about what they actually do there?” Jinyoung asked half whispering.

Nayeon shakes her head, “I did. But she told me, they were just having a father-son bonding time, as Jaebum Oppa seems really ...desvastated. I mean, he killed a person.” Nayeon said.

“So you’ve talked with him? What did he said?”

“He looks like a completely different person, He doesn’t say much, He only said He’s glad that I’m okay.”

“Does your Mom tell you when Jaebum will comeback?”

Nayeon shook her head, “Nope, It just weird, when I heard My Dad going to give speech at the council, I thought we all going to comeback home, but it turns out He gave the speech then he cameback to the lake house.”

“Are you not curious of what happened there?”

“I do, but none of them say something about it. Even Jaebum Oppa! I don’t know who else I could trust. I mean, to think that My Dad did some experiment to Jaebum Oppa- will be very wrong isn’t it? My Dad is not like that. But things just turned weird these few days.”

“What do you mean, why you said something like experiment..”

“Well.. I saw he brought Jaebum Oppa out from the lake house in the middle of the night, they didn’t come back until morning, I was so worried that I actually stays awake and keep staring at the window as i wait for them.”

“And then?”

“And when I saw Jaebum Oppa in the next day, His wounds, all of his wounds were gone. Poof! Just like that, not even a single scratch remains on his body!” Nayeon eyes were shaken when she said this, “As a sister of course I am happy that My Brother is cure, but it’s not in a normal way. I had no idea what My Dad do to him, I don’t even know should I be happy or sad about it because.. because.. He was healthy but he’s not like himself!” Nayeon eyes filled with tears as she starts to break out, Jinyoung try to calm her down and wrapped her on his arms as he rubs her back.

“I’m so glad the council have their own private room , atleast others won’t look at me strangely if i sobs early in the morning like this.” Nayeon sniffles, Jinyoung loosen his arms arond nayeon as he takes a tissue box for her, she wipes her tears and snot , realized Jinyoung was in front of her, her cheeks flushed red, “I’m sorry , Oppa.. I must be look super ugly and disgusting right now..” she started sobbing again.

“No, no, it’s okay, you look good with extra snot and tears on your face!” Jinyoung jokes earning a shoulder slap from Nayeon.

“Thank you , Oppa, for listening to me. I need to go now, I have a homework I need to copy!” She said as she takes another tissues and waddles away from the room.

Sana casually steps in as she been overheard their conversation, folding her arms with a frowns on her face. Jinyoung sighs when he realized Sana been there all the time.

“I can’t even have  a  privacy here?” Jinyoung whines.

“We’re like ying and yang, ying yang don’t need privacy from each other.” Sana said as she leans on the desk. “We have to visit Jaebum after school. I would love to call him but since  Nayeon said that they’re phone been taken away by their father for their safety reason, and for only god knows how long. We should visit him, seeing with our own eyes that he is okay.”

“Okay, first of all, there’s no us. I’m going there, and you..”

“Jinyoung shush, didn’t you heard me, we’re a yingyang! Which mean we are going to visit Jaebum together!”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea..”

“NO, you don’t have any idea, you don’t even know what Jaebum has become now!”

“It doesn’t matter, whatever happens, he’s stil Jaebum!”

“You do know that all the legends were actually true, right? You do know that is dangerous to run around this city alone, with no protection?”

“Are you saying, that Jaebum could possibly hurt me?”

“Well.. I’m .. Jinyoung ah..”

“Don’t say something like extreme measure needs to be done, again!”

“Look , I care about you as much as I care about Jaebum. But one thing you should know, that what Nayeon said it’s true, he’s changed.”

“You don’t even seeing him yet!”

“It’s because I know!”

“You know what?!”

“The conspiracy theory! Do you think why Mayor Im working so hard to covering the vampires attack, making the night curfew and how can he stop the vampires to kill humans and robbing the blood banks?” Sana sighed, “Link everything and you have the answer. End of story, we ain’t talk about this in this goddamn place cause she might heard us. I’m coming with you to Jaebum’s place.”

“Sana, what about Nayeon?”

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t she in danger? She doesn’t know about her.”

“Don’t worry, I already take care of it!” Sana said as she takes out a ring, the ring had pink color.

“What’s that?”

“See the pinkish color there? It called vervain, vampire hates vervain. They can’t compelled you if you’re wearing or digesting this.”

“Yah, don’t you think I need one too?” Jinyoung said as he wriggle his finger and points at it.

“No, i rather see you being ripped apart by your vamp girl.”

“... I’m serioussssss!”

Sana laughs and shakes her head, “No worries, you’ll be fine! To be honest  I don’t think she’ll hurt you. Or maybe she will, but since you never believe what I said about her being miss V~”

“I’m dead serious okay, I can’t die young, My collage scholarship to Changwon National University had been confirmed!”

“Okay, Mr. Smartass – I’ll make you one, after we went to Jaebum’s”

“You really had no concern of my safety, aren’t you?”

“Well, you know enough to protect yourself from the people you KNEW you should not hang out with. While Nayeon, she knew nothing , I gotta protect her.”

“That just you, trying to say I need to stay away from Mina.”

“Oh wow you’re so quick with that but can’t even figured about The Ims.” Sana clicked her tongue then goes out from the room.

-

Mina had a grumpy face during lunch when she saw Nayeon is eating with Jinyoung and Sana instead of her. Bambam saw that and sit next to her while look at the direction she’s been looking at.

“Jinyoung and his two princess.” Bambam said, earning a glare from Mina. “Aren’t you her bestfriend? She’s not taking you in?”

“Well, she did. But  I am highly uncomfortable to having lunch with a witch that can give me a terrible migrains.”

“Ouch, sad to be vampire isn’t it.”

“Yeah, especially when the servant is as dumb as you.”

“Excuse you, I am not anyone servant, especially yours.”

“Your family had been serving me, which means you are – my servant.”

“Just so you know, this whole is beyond my will.”

“It’s your fate. Except it!”

“Cut this servant talk, it’s annoying!” Bambam whines, Mina rolls her eyes. “So, although I have asked this, I will ask this again”

“I thought you don’t want to have a master-servant talk?” she said mockingly.

“YES. And no , it’s not about that.”

“You do realized , to whatever your question , i will not give any answer , right?”

“Just tell me , what is your goal? What makes you comeback here? You were gone for a long time!”

“I missed your family.”

“Lies.”

“I missed my hometown”

“It’s not even your hometown.”

“Then whatever it is, it’s none of your business, my dear servant”

“I really want to stake your heart right now.”

“Goodluck with that.”

While Nayeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter