six

⎾ D E V O T I O N ⏌
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 THE annual 

"... when will i ever be ready! "

after the chaotic night

Jinyoung sigh as he put down his bag on the table , he look at Jaebum's table and sigh more. This morning he went to Jaebum's house only to find out that Mr Im had brought the whole family to their lake house and it is unknown for how long. Jinyoung had left multiple messages and tried to call Jaebum and Nayeon but none of them delivered. 

Bambam waves in front of Jinyoung's face, "Why are you zoning out , Man? The class barely started!" he said , making Jinyoung snap back into the reality and rolls his eyes on Bambam. "I've heard about Jaebum, Is he and Nayeon okay?" Bambam asked. 

"They're okay." Jinyoung answered shortly.

"Are we stil doing the assignment today?" 

"Yeah, We got all the things we need, We just need to make the slides."

"Meet up at the grill after school, right?" Bambam rechecked the schedule with Jinyoung. 

Jinyoung only nods and shoo Bambam to go back to his seat. 

A moment later Sana were seeing peeking onto the classroom door, Jinyoung sees her and gesture her to come. 

"Jaebum and Nayeon?" she asked to make sure if they had return Jinyoung messages and calls, Jinyoung only shakes his head. Sana leans on his desk and folded her arms. "I seriously had a bad feeling about this." She mumbles. 

Jinyoung leans his body closer to Sana, "Do you think.. Mina?" 

Sana widen her eyes and hits Jinyoung shoulder while whispering, "I told you don't talk about her in school!" 

"This is ridicilous.." Jinyoung whines. 

After the news about Jaebum last night , Sana tried to contact him and is failed, she is not allowed to entered their house too when she went there with reasons that Jaebum and Nayeon needs to rest. That's why she called Jinyoung and that's when they started talking about Mina. 

"Anyway, tonight is the city annual, Do you think Mr Im will attend the event?" Sana try to changed the topic. 

"I don't know. But he never missed out this and Mrs Im had made some chocolate cake.." 

"You're coming?" 

"Do I look like I have a choice?"

"Well, that's what happened when you're father is the city council's vice."

"I don't think it's the right time to attend a party."

"There is never a right time to attend a party. Do you need a plus one? I'm free tonight!"

Jinyoung glared at Sana. "Are you serious?" 

"Hey, I can be your temporary wingman until Jaebum return. And.. I need to look for something at the city hall" 

"And care to tell me, what is that you need to look for hhm?"

"This thing I look.. It's relate with the thing that 'we should not talk about it in school' " she playfully whispered it. 

"Please don't tell me you're going to steal - "

"What? No! I'm not a criminal! I just need to make sure something!" 

"Fine. I'll pick you up at 8!" 

"Can you make it at 7?"

"I can't , I need to work on my presentation first."

"Boooo, you're lame!"

"Remind me again, why are you my plus one?"

"Cause you can't live without me!"

Mina visibly seen at the door and waves at Jinyoung , Jinyoung and Sana exchanged eye contact then both of them went to greet her at the door.

"Any news about Nayeon?" Mina asked.

"Not yet, but I'm sure she is fine." Jinyoung answered. 

"I hope so!" Mina said. 

"So Mina, you stil want to join the student council or have you changed your mind?" Sana asked with a huge fake smile on her face. 

"Oh, yes! Definitely joining the council!"

"Are you sure? You'll be twice as popular if you join the cheer squad!" Sana teased.

"I, I don't - popular.. no.." she said as she act innocent, repaying the fakeness Sana gave her. 

"I need to go to my class, see you around!" Sana excuses herself and leave Jinyoung with Mina.

Not long after Yugyeom came and almost passed by Jinyoung and Sana but he reverse and stopped to greeted them. 

"Oh hey, you're the hot junior, Mina right? I'm Yugyeom! You can just call me Oppa!" he said making Jinyoung's whack the back of his head. "I hope he didn't treat you like how he treated me." 

"Go. Now. The adults are talking" Jinyoung sassily said. 

Yugyeom rolls his eyes on him and smiles at Mina as he walk backward to his seat , stil smiling to Mina. 

"Sunbae, I think I'll go  to my class  now" Mina said excuses herself, Jinyoung nods and smiles. 

On her way to her class Mina bumped to Mark. "Oh hey,  Mina. You heard about Nayeon?"

"Ah , yes, Sunbae.." Mina's eyes changed , her pupil dilated as he look straight into Mark's eyes. "So what Jinyoung done after the bonfire?" she asked.

"No, I haven't got time to ask him."

"Then make time."

"I will." 

Mina smiles as her eyes return to normal and walk passed by Mark, she was compelling Mark to do what she said. 

-

Jinyoung, Bambam and Yugyeom are gathered on the Grill. Jinyoung writting the script they need to memorize, things that not include on the slides, while Bambam is the one that making the slides, Yugyeom got task to scan all the articles and picture to be presented on the slides. 

Mark stopped by their tables and look at what they are doing,  he cakles in th most annoying way , that he earned a glare from three of them. 

"Interesting theme though!" he teased.

"Shush it, Hyung!" Yugyeom whines. 

"I never knew that I need a straight A for history lesson." Bambam mumbled. 

"Anyway Jinyoung ah, what did you do after the bonfire?" Mark asked. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter