How Does It Feel

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Monday

___ POV ~

I helped Rosé stand on her feet, not minding how Jennie and her purple haired friend were probably walking up on us, but then Kai and Baekhyun push their mates away so that when I look up, it’s Jennie and her friends against mine with a 5 metre distance between us.

Hey, Kai and Baekhyun pushed their mates away hard okay? They didn’t even say ‘mate’ when they saw each other, Baekhyun was way too angry at Chanyeol and Kai of Sehun. Just like Jennie and I… Was it now the new trend to hate your mate? Jeez.

Rosé kept looking down at her leg, and I could see it colouring a little bit which I hate a lot, but when we fixed ourselves and looked up, everybody was just in a moment of shock. I could hear Rosé next to me mumble “Mate.” Under her breath while looking at the purple haired girl in front of me who seemed like a sweet person who wouldn’t hurt a person. She wasn’t a werewolf or vampire either, so plus points for me I guess. Also Rosé, because we have nothing against her so that’s good.

Then my eyes locked with Jennie’s, and a rush of emotions was flowing through my body while I struggled to keep eye contact with her, but then I’d forgotten, I wasn’t meant to. Though I ran away from her, though I wish she wasn’t here, though I hate her, I still couldn’t lose the respect of looking at my own mate.

I was quick to put my head down, looking at Jennie’s bare legs because wow, I haven’t seen those in a while.

The ache in my chest was slowly cracking the cold façade I was trying to hold but nothing could stop me from crumbling now. I tried to sculpt myself into what made me look like a strong werewolf, but the burning conflictions were drying me out.

I watched Jennie take a step towards me, because we all know how bold she is but I was a cowering mess that took a step back when she tried to approach. I could see the girl with the purple hair look at me worried, she looks pretty close to Jennie though why is a nice person friends with such a cruel vampire. I could feel Rosé was staring at me, she probably figured that this was Jennie the second I took a step back. I was no longer a tanned werewolf but a pale and sickly teenager that could collapse at any time.

She tried to take another step forward but I back off completely when she did, I couldn’t handle it anymore. I couldn’t handle her anymore; she was the burning fire that was testing my patience, teasing me till I turned to dust.

She had the fiery passion anyways.

No One POV ~

Everyone except Chanyeol had watched ___ storm off, all worried as to how she was coping except for Sehun who was wondering when ___ had the confidence to leave or even fight back like seconds before. It was all simply quiet, too quiet and it wasn’t awkward nor comfortable, it felt dangerous.

Chanyeol was too busy trying to concentrate on his thoughts, like the fact that his mate is a small werewolf boy that stands in front of him. He was questioning as to why fate would play him like this, but he was still a big-eared bastard to adjust to anything.

Rosé looked back to her mate, who she had named in her head ‘purple girl’ due to her vibrant hair colour, as if asking for permission to leave. Jisoo first looks at Jennie and Rosé realises how she’s got her arm looped with Jennie’s tightly, but she finds it okay because she knows she’s refraining her friend from going after ­­___. With a nod of a head, Jisoo tells Rosé to go after ___ who had gone quite far.

Baekhyun notices Rosé has walked off, well limped, to go after ___, and contemplates on whether he should go as well. He figures that it could either be the fact that his mate had hurt both his ‘sisters’ or the fact that these two girls in front of him were a reason. He knew that these people were the ones hurting ___ before she’d been found in the middle of nowhere, it was evident. Baekhyun even heard Rosé mumble the word mate, but he wasn’t sure who it was directed to, but he figured probably Jisoo because of how Jennie reacted hearing ___’s name. Jisoo and Rosé would look good together was what he thought, they were both so kind and helpful, a perfect match.

He then was set on walking to where Rosé and ___ had gone but then a soft and giant hand had touched his clothes shoulder, and from what his wolf was telling him, he knew that it was Chanyeol, so his reaction was instant.

‘SLAP’

The sound had resonated through the ears of all 6 who remained in the area of confliction. Baekhyun had given a mighty hard slap that snapped everyone out of their gaze towards ___’s direction and instead to Chanyeol holding his cheek with a shocked expression as Baekhyun could be seen with bright glowing yellow eyes, it was a rare tendency for this to occur.

Everyone had reacted differently. Jisoo and Jennie were shocked that the kind and small werewolf from the girl’s cabins had turned into a boy that could release pent up anger with the snap of a finger. Chanyeol was both hurt and chocked, but mostly the pain was in his heart as the mate bond was already taking its toll. Sehun stared at Chanyeol with disbelief for the fact that he hadn’t reacted when he’d just gotten hurt, though this was his mate. Kai was the most shocked though, he’d known the elder for 3 months, and only little before they formally met but this was nothing like Baekhyun. He’d even found it a little frightening.

“Why would you hit me?!” Chanyeol shouts at Baekhyun, both having ragged breathing as they glared at each other with intense anger. Baekhyun thought it was obvious as to why he would slap his mate; he’d forgotten that Chanyeol knew absolutely nothing on the history of submissives so he’d just gone all out.

“What do you mean?! Why the would you hit ___?! Are you stupid?!” Baekhyun was having trouble from hitting his mate again, but he was sure the small pan in his chest was sure to increase if he did. “Are you stupid?! Why the would you care about that ?! I’m your mate here!” Baekhyun didn’t back down from the argument, even though the tall werewolf looked dominant and all, he needed to set the facts right.

“Why would I care?! She’s a submissive you wit, why the would you dare to even touch her?! You should protect her!”

Now Chanyeol was utterly confused about everything. His mate was a boy, a boy who is very passionate about being in a submissive protection squad. It severely contrasted to what he’d believed in as a werewolf, he could feel his mate bond panging his heart but he was too hurt by the insulting words of his mate.

Without a second to waste, Baekhyun had walked, or rather marched away from the group with balled fists, a clenched jaw and eyes that looked ready to pierce into ones soul. They didn’t stop glowing, in fact his pupils were dilating. He could feel himself start to slowly form from the bussing feeling he received in his head but he pushed it away.

Chanyeol wasn’t sure what to do. Should he have run after his mate who he still didn’t know the name of or try to focus all the facts?

“I bet you’re the same, aren’t you?” Kai sneered at Sehun in front of him who flinched from the harsh voice of his mate, his ears burned in pain from the disgust his mate felt for him, evident in Kai’s voice. Kai didn’t know what his mates name was either, nobody knew anything besides the fact that 3 people were despising their mates as of yet.

Jisoo and Rosé were fine.

Sehun purely looked down as if in shame though he didn’t regret hurting ___, he still believed that she deserved it. After all, he hated submissives. Kai simply scoffed before he’d left as well.

Sehun and Chanyeol were hurting as they already knew their mates hated them for hurting their friends badly and not understanding what was believed to be logical and simple understanding, they lacked the proper historical education.

It was rather ironic, for they were being left for hating submissives. Compare that to ___ and Jennie’s case why don’t you?

Jennie had simply dropped a tear as she watched ___ walk away yet again, she couldn’t handle being away from her. She

She did think that the girl who ran after ___ was very pretty though.

She knew that was her mate.

___ POV ~

I couldn’t handle it.

The minute I was away from the whole dispute, I found myself by the edge of the river which was covered from the camp but quite close. I wouldn’t get lost here, but I was still too close to Jennie to the point where her presence was suffocating.

I immediately hugged my legs when I sat down, bawling my eyes out like I’ve never done before and let the peaceful stream of water blend in with my cries. I choked out a few sobs to stop and calm myself, but all that would happen was my mind replaying her very words that wounded me ever so painfully.

“I WISH YOU’D JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“I WISH YOU’D JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“I WISH YOU’D JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!”

It wouldn’t stop.

No matter how loud I begged for it to stop, it would only overpower and deafen my mind of any other thoughts than the fact that Jennie was out to hurt me.

Why couldn’t I be free?

In the 16 years of my life, all I’ve suffered through was a bunch of torturous abuse, mind-breaking humiliation and demeaning treatment that made me feel like my only purpose was to feel pain. I felt the smallest possibility that maybe Jennie Kim, vampire princess, would help save me from the bottomless pit of shame.

Maybe she was my mate for a reason.

Instead, I had been dragged down even further down the pit, eventually landing on a pile of thorns that she felt necessary to pierce through my skin. Obligated to let them grow into long spears that slowly impaled through my heart so that I was slowly killing myself for not resisting. Through my lungs to emphasise my struggle to breathe when the thought of her came to my mind. Through my muscles and nerves so that I remained still in the same position everyday just so Jennie could do what she desired to me.

What is she…?

Because now I refuse to believe that I’m mates with such a ruthless girl who gave me no pity when I cried because of her.

She may have brought me down to a near-death in my mind, but it would be too late to save me before she realised who I am to her.

She told me to leave, every step gave me a vial of toxic pain, every step that poison was dropped onto the mate bond till I believed that she was no longer in my heart. But it seems it only proves fruitless with my state right now.

A soft hand touched my arm gently, and just as I’m about to swat it away, I realise that it’s Rosé. It was an instant reaction, turning around when I realise that she’s crouching behind me so that I could launch onto her and cry into her chest. “It’s okay pup… that was her wasn’t it?” I nodded against her chest, trying my hardest to muffle any noise it was just too hard.

“Shh… we’ll get through this. I’m still here; I told you I’ll protect you. I tried my best with those boys, but I know they won’t go anywhere near you now.”

“Leg.” I whispered.

“Hmm?”

“Is your leg okay?”

I almost forgot that she was hurt because of me.

“Don’t worry, that’ll go in an hour or so. It’s not that bad.” I wish I wasn’t a submissive, my cuts and bruises would’ve healed much faster then. But then again, I wouldn’t be getting any bruises.

“Attention students!” We heard a PA system go off, breaking our calm moment for a little. “Please meet in the dining hall for lunch and a debriefing of what your week will consist of.”

6 hours later ~

It’s about 6:30 in the night, walking towards the dining hall from where we had lunch. Rosé, Baekhyun, Kai and I were simply sitting near the river after lunch till now. We didn’t want to see our mates at all except Rosé who we gave a good seat so that she could see the purple haired girl. Baekhyun said that her name is Jisoo, a witch; Rosé didn’t mind that idea at all.

She was accepting, too kind for her own good I swear.

Since Baekhyun and Kai met Jennie and Jisoo, it seemed like Kai already didn’t like Jennie. He just kept cursing about how blunt she was, how she wouldn’t stop instigating him and the fact that she was a princess. He didn’t like it, he thought of it as his royal place being challenged. I don’t get what for though, he’s got his place and she’s got hers.

Baekhyun talked about how Jennie seemed to stop playing around though when Kai said my name. I thought it was a phase of her getting angry about the fact that I was here, in her presence when she told me to stay away from her. But then she apparently sounded scared, even stuttering. Kai even agreed, but this made no sense.

What could she possibly be afraid of when she hears my name?

Everyone learning that we’re mates? Because that makes sense.

She still hated me. But it’s slightly okay now.

The feelings are mutual.

We make it to the dining hall, surprisingly finding ourselves in an empty hall but tables on the side have large piles of meats for werewolves, sandwiches for humans or witches, and blood bags for vampires. We made ourselves at the table furthest away from the tables themselves, just so there wouldn’t be any crowding and we’d seen before that nobody goes out to sit this far. It was perfectly planned.

The tables were quite large, they could fit 4 on each long side so it was just Rosé and I on one and Kai plus Baekhyun on the other. It was all silent, kai sipping his blood bag real slow, Baekhyun and Rosé barely nibbling on their food while I didn’t bother taking a bite out of my sandwich. I felt sick.

“Jennie is my mate.”

Kai seemed to stop drinking his blood bag to look at me with a shocked expression, if he was even drinking it anymore. Baekhyun looked down and nodded, as if he’d already figured it out by now. Probably did to be honest. Rosé already knew but she still shifted closer to me so that I knew I wasn’t alone.

I definitely felt sick.

Of myself.

Soon, the hall was flooding in with students as they took seats, none of them at our table thank god though all the tables were filled.

Not ideal.

The unlucky last people to arrive were Jennie, Jisoo, Chanyeol and Sehun. They all grabbed their food, cautiously looking around the room for any tables that would have spare seats but we all knew better.

Chanyeol had rage and fury growing behind his eyes when he saw Baekhyun with me. Sehun looked slightly afraid, but who wouldn’t of Kai? Jisoo looked hesitant, but started leading the group towards us but she had nothing to fear, except rejection. I couldn’t see how Jennie looked, her head was down, straight hair covering shadowing and covering her face though her shoulders looked slumped.

When their group made it to our half empty table, Kai already looked extra tense as did Baekhyun though I’m more worried about Baek. He’s not angry anymore, but I know something wrong is going on in his head. Was he talking to his wolf?

“I’m sorry… is it okay if we sit here?” Jisoo asked, and I know this was gonna bring trouble though I didn’t even move to look up myself. How dare I look up at Jennie right?

Kai looked ready to turn and just punch one of the boys in the face, maybe even Jennie but I couldn’t be clear with who he was pissed off at the most. Jennie for being the reason I’m the broken submissive I am, at Chanyeol for practically admitting how he’s hurt me or at Sehun for being the same as his own mate.

I’m leaning more on Chanyeol or Jennie; they did anger him quite a bit.

Baekhyun started to growl a little, I could just hear it, and he wasn’t fond of the group at all and looked ready to push them away as well.

“It’s okay… let them.” I said in a bare whisper, Baekhyun and Kai looked at me a little uncertain as to whether to listen, but they nodded and moved out of their seats so that they could sit on our side. What’s great is the seating planning… I hate your games fate.

It was Kai, Baekhyun, me then Rosé.

Opposite us were Sehun, Chanyeol, Jennie and then Jisoo.

Chanyeol just looked at me with a scowl but I didn’t react, I wasn’t even bothered to portray my fear.

I felt emotionless.

Lifeless.

Rosé seemed slightly happier, I could see her smiling when I glanced to her face and back to Jisoo. They would both make great mates together, they were both too kind for each other it seemed. Jisoo didn’t seem to mind the way I was clinging onto Rosé’s arm, no jealousy issues or whatnot.

Maybe witches weren’t territorial?

But instead, my own mate in front of me, a mere half metre away, just kept looking at it. I wasn’t sure in what way; I looked down to my lap before I could sneak a peek. I know she was upset; I’m not sure but honestly…

I couldn’t care less.
 


yeah thats it... next chap is on friday or saturday. maybe tomorrow if i have a motive but i don't think so, thinking 4 days straight for chapters is killing me a little. 

DISCORD IS UP IF YOU NEVER READ THE LAST NOTE, JUST SAY YOU WANT TO ENTER AND I'L GIVE YOU THE CODE. ITS FREE FOR MOBILE AND COMP, WE ALL JUST TALK AD I DISCUSS SOMETIMES ABOUT CHAPTERS! 

ALSO GET CHAPTER NOTIFICATIONS EARLIER TECHNICALLY

thats it... i think?

MEOW OUT!