All The Risks

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Friday

___ POV ~

1 month later ~

Food… Water… Something… Please… Save me…

I ran out of my biscuits 2 days ago. My water finished yesterday. My mouth savours for some sort of liquid to quench my thirst. My stomach begs for some morsel of food to be given, to the point where a single thought of food makes me feel sick. I must’ve lost all of my tastebuds from only eating those biscuits. I should’ve noticed with how bland they started to taste over each day, I mistook it for them going bad but biscuits don’t go bad that fast.

When I found that waterfall and followed the river, it led me to a cliff where the very road I follow was. It took me a while to get down, but I was determined because a road meant civilisation, a town was bound to be nearby. But I’ve been following this endless road for what seems like years but has only been a few days.

I'm bound to pass out at some point, quite surprised that I haven’t done so yet with my weak submissive body.  It’ll either be me passing out or me actually dying from the lack of nutrients and hydration. I can’t tell, but its bordering more on the dying part in my head. Or maybe I’ll go insane and end up killing myself from seeing the same exact view no matter how far I go forwards or backwards.

I can’t think like this though.

But it just happens. I should never have gone this far into leaving. Maybe I should’ve just gone to dad’s home. At least I would have a proper bed to sleep in. But I don’t think I would be able to sleep properly every night. He would’ve probably killed me by now, maybe the second I entered. I wouldn’t be going to school because then I would be seeing Jennie every day, something I can’t do.

I miss Jennie.

She may have been mean to me, but there were times where she was okay I guess. There was that time where she helped me out… I think. I mean she helped me with my back, even though it was for herself, she still helped me. Also she was a sight for sore eyes so that was nice.

What would’ve happened if Jennie did accept me?

Would she be the one protecting me? Would she be by my side at all times, making sure that nobody hurt me at all? Would she love me?

I don’t love her.

All she’s done is led me to this very path of a random road that no one is bound to drive on. She didn’t acknowledge me as a werewolf, nor as a proper human being as well. She didn’t hesitate to hurt me by using others to, Chanyeol and Sehun did follow Jennie’s orders.

I’m scared of her.

I hate her.

I never want her to talk to me again if she treats me like that. I know she won’t change just because she suddenly misses me. She wants nothing to do with me at all. I don’t want anything to do with her either if that means I’ll be happy.

Sure, that mate bond will force me to think I'm incomplete, but she’s ruined my life even more than before. She can ruin it a whole lot more if she just says a few words. Whatever she says, I do. If she tells me to jump off a cliff, I would be forced to. Even if I didn’t want to, it just happens. I wish it was never like this, but this is my life.

Jennie is meant to drink my blood as well. That blood tax could potentially kill me if she ever went too far.

That reminds me, I think some of my wounds opened over this past month. It could be from the way I’ve been sitting again the trees to sleep, or even when my bag just scratches my back when I adjust the strap, its felt wet for some time. I’m not even sure because it could actually be sweat. But it does feel sort of dry and uncomfortable. Maybe it’s just sweat and blood combined, who knows.

I don’t.

Every time I take a step forwards on the road, I try my best to step along the dotted lines that separate the two lanes. It’s more of a game, to see if I can keep balance and so that I don’t accidently turn around if I ever get dizzy.

Kind of like now…

I accidently roll my ankle while taking my next step forwards, causing me to trip onto the rough gravelly road. Instantly I feel my knees scrape across the ground, my arms try their best to block my head from impact but it’s not that effective. My arms end up grazed as well from the uneven surface as my head thuds hard against the floor. My bag blocks my stomach and ribs from receiving pain due to how soft my back is with the amount of clothes in it.

I would make an effort to stand up but I can’t, I'm exhausted.

My phone has battery, probably because I never used it but there’s probably no service here.

It’s final, I'm going to die.

I can already feel my final breaths barely leave and enter my breaths. My eyes are slowly losing vision with how they're fading to pure black, my eyelids trying their best to stay open but I submit to my fate of a young death.

‘Screech’

I suddenly hear the sound of what seems like a car suddenly stopping. I feel a bright light being shone on my face, stinging my eyelids as a persuasion to keep them closed and stay still to accept my way into the afterlife though I do feel a huge sense of déjà vu here. Collapsing on the street and someone random finds me while driving.

Here inside what I believe is a car may either contain those that may be willing to save me or make me suffer longer in life. I’m bordering on the suffering because nobody is nice in my life besides very few but they're a minority over the extreme majority.

I hear two car doors open, most likely on from the driver and the other in the passenger seat ad I will my body to move but nothing works at all. I hear them step in front of me as the rubble on the road shifts with their every move but I don’t flinch at all.

They speak, but their voices are too muffled for my own good.

“She’s a submiss-”

“Take her, we can-”

“-too weak, what if-”

“Hurry, before she-”

Right when my ears are required, they always seem to fail on me. Though with what I heard these two strangers say, I grow more nervous with what might be in store for me.

I know I'm a submissive.

Take me where? And do what?

I know I'm weak. Too weak for what? And what if I what?

And to hurry? What, before I scream and try to run away?

The possibilities are endless, though I don’t intend on figuring which ones right. I feel my body being moved so I sit up, my bag being taken by Stanger 1 to put in the car before I feel Stranger 2 grab me under my arms and start dragging me towards what I think would be the car as I hear the backseat door open.

I'm surprised by how carefully they put me in the backseat, but then frightened when they roughly close the doors and start speeding with how fast the car starts to go. They must really be keen on taking me, but who wouldn’t. I’m a damn submissive, they could do anything to me and it would be too difficult for me to reject in my situation. This wasn’t what I needed.

Someone help… please.

Jennie POV ~

It’s all wrong.

Stupid.

All ing ruined!

In frustration, I end up swiping all my possessions on my desk in one go, not caring one bit about the mess that I created on the floor. All my school books, my pencils and whatnot, and my keyboard all sit on the foot of my table now though I eye the mug that sits peacefully next to my desktop screen. With more rage, I end up throwing the innocent cup towards my door right when someone seems to be entering.

Luckily it’s my dad who catches the cup in one hand with quick reflexes.

“Hey, what did this poor mug do to you?” Too blinded by anger to apologise, I simply stay quiet and look down, checking the mess I’d just made with my sudden fit. “Not ready to talk I see… you’re going to have to at one point Jennie. Who knows what else you’ll do the next time this happens?” I shake my head no, too ashamed to talk in detail about what I’d done to my own mate to make her leave.

At least once or twice a day, I would have the sudden urge to destroy anything in sight, trying to alleviate the pain in my chest that doesn’t hesitate to cripple me. I haven’t gone to school ever since I had that incident at school so Jisoo picks up my work for me, it’ll be too dangerous for the school if I went. Hearing her name being spoken about every second, Chanyeol and Sehun bugging me about her disappearance, it triggers something out of me.

I can’t even bring myself to say her name; it just hurts me even more to hear it.

“I can’t help you if I don’t know what happened. Do you know how much it hurts seeing you like this?” I hear a deep sigh before he enters the room and walks towards me, setting the mug on the desk before he wraps me in his arms for a hug.

Instantly I break down in his arms just like at school, the emotionless façade I had kept up goes to waste as my sobs are heard by my loving father. He brings us both over to my bed, sitting us down as I continue to cry out into his chest. It was just too much to handle.

“Shh… its okay, we’ll find her.” He tries his best to comfort me, just like Jisoo and Jessica tried, but nothing will ever work when I know I screwed it all up. “Tell me what happened Jennie; I need to know how bad it is before we start looking.” It takes me a few shaky breaths before I part away from my dad, sitting next to him as I wipe my tears away with the backs of my palm.

“I screwed up d-dad… really bad…” My voice cracks as I speak but I have to tell him. “Take your time dear, we’ve got time.” But she might not. Who knows where she might be, she could be fighting for her life and I wouldn’t know because of how bad I killed the mate bond and how much pain I'm already in.

“I-I… everyone t-told me that she was b-bad a-and-” I start, but dad interrupts me. “Wait, who told you she was bad?” This is where my dad and I will have to settle our differences over our view on her kind. The biggest part of where I screwed up.

“E-everyone… because sh-she’s a submissive… and they all s-said that they are really bad, and so I th-thought so as well. They all treated her like and I... I did too, like really bad dad. I… I would do things at school that-that hurt her a lot, everyone at school did. I was confused as to why you were so okay with her, and I didn’t like that, because I was told that submissives are really terrible people. I didn’t know I’d gone too far because I was killing the mate bond, and so I kept shouting at her when you guys had visited, told her to leave me alone but I didn’t think she actually would.”

I can tell my dad is super pissed at me with how much he tenses while talking about hurting her. I deserve it though. He turned used his arm around me back to make me face him, causing me to look right at him as he asked me something that I thought everyone knew.

“What do you mean bad? Jennie, what were you told about submissives that made you do these things to her?” As uncomfortable as it was to say, I had to tell him.

I looked down, starting to pick at my finger nails as my said in a small voice.

“That submissives were lust crazed people who were glad to be slaves…” I feel repulsed now that I just accused my own mate to being what I just said.

“What? Lust crazed?” I looked at back up at him, watching the confusion on his face from my answer before he shook his head in a disappointed manner. “Submissives aren’t… they didn’t want or anything. What else were you told?” He looked… almost sympathetic when he corrected me.

“That they would even leave their mate just because they wanted to have . Someone told me they would open their legs to anyone just for their own pleasure. Also that anyone who feels like they should treat a submissive higher is just someone who’s really…” My voice slowly quietened down to silence when I saw my dad raise his eyebrows to me.

“Who’s really what, Jennie?” I looked away, not sure whether to complete that sentence or not.

“Look, whoever told you this, clearly doesn’t understand history and should be ashamed of them for saying what submissives are. Submissives aren’t people who are self-absorbed in themselves to care more about their own pleasures than their mate. Mates come first when it comes to submissives; they always listen to whatever they say.”

I nodded, being a little too familiar with what he was talking about. I told her to stand at school when she was hurt; she tried her best to do so. I told her not to go out with Jessica anymore; she was always home after that. I told her leave me alone; she hasn’t been seen ever since.

“If you’re up to it, look for the book about the Vampire and Werewolf war that sits in one of the bookshelves for the downstairs rooms. I don’t think children are being taught as to why submissives are precious people who need extra care. If it gets too much, don’t read it all, I never brought myself to read it till 10 years after your grandfather passed away since he told me why submissives are important.”

Once again I nodded, watching my father give me a solemn look after telling me to read this book. He gave me a kiss on my forehead before he left my room, giving me more to think on about submissives.

The Vampire and Werewolf war ended in the 1600’s, or somewhere earlier or later, my great grandfather was killed in the war. Grandpa was born during the war, he watched the peace phase about the war but it never specified how it happened. Dad was born about 200 years later, grandpa dying when dad was only 50-ish. I never got to meet him sadly; mythical beings were at high risk of exposure with hunters on the prowl everywhere. Grandpa was slain then, I'm guessing grandma did too.

So again… what do submissives have to do with the war?

That book has the clues I guess.

If I want to learn more about my mate, then I'm going to have to read that book. No hesitation was brought up me when I quickly went downstairs, searching the all the bedrooms downstairs and checking which ones have bookshelves. It wasn’t long till I find the said room, quickly checking all the spines of the books to check which one is my required. Except none of the books was what I was looking for.

Not until I looked up high and noticed the book on the actual top of the bookshelf, sitting there for who knows how long, 50 years I'm guessing because dad said it was renovated about that long ago. When I brought it down, the top cover was covered in a thick layer of dust that I blew most off in a single breath before dusting the rest of it with my fingertips.

The title read ‘Vampire vs Werewolf.’ which made total sense if you think about it. I don’t think there was any other war besides the last one; everyone was too scared to come out of their caves probably. The first page was just another title page and the next had a glossary.

Problem with that, there was no chapter for submissives. They were all about what werewolves did in the war, what vampires did in the way, which Kings and Alphas that were extremely involved had partaken and the peace part. Nothing screamed of any relevance to submissives.

As a way to skim through the book, I simply fanned through all the pages briefly, stopping near the end because of a page that had a folded corner. Checking the page number, I noticed how it was a part of the peace section, but I also noticed the title of the page that had written ‘Submissive Trade.’

Trade… what trade? I wasn’t liking where this was headed, this was making me uncomfortable.

This was what it read though:

Submissives originate from werewolves, born with a reliance on their mate or someone else trusted. Decisions are usually made by their mate, who they are devoted to serve and love as long their mate would protect from any dangers. Their low physical state imply that they have a lower hearing, running, healing, smell and usually subdued to death when a transformation stage ever comes so full moons were always a time to prepare for. They fear choosing choices that may be disapproved, harm others, or anger their mates so therefore ask others first. They lower their heads to their mates as a form of respect, never meeting their eyes unless asked to.

Submissives may have agreed to all that their mate asked of them, but they do not personally approve of their ideas. Mate bonds were usually so distant and damaged; werewolves wouldn’t have cared about whatever their mate had gone through unless death occurs. Submissives would beg their mates to take their life due to the amount of suffering they would experience, eventually their mate regretting all they’d done and joining them in the afterlife, eventually the submissive kind dying out.

Submissive trade is a major factor of the peace in the Vampire and Werewolf war, not only bringing satisfaction due to their characteristics but also due to the agreement that both parties would consent to. Submissives held no dispute as long as it was what their mate had requested, therefore no debate was required on whether a submissive should partake or not.

Werewolves would meet up with vampires, lending them their submissive for whatever desired time agreed on before they would return home to rest, then go back in a cycle. Submissives were usually coerced into acts of ual desires and/or , various forms of pain and suffering, lent to other vampires without permission and were sometimes forced to transform with chemicals induced in their blood stream.

OKAY STOP!

I dropped the book with pure disgust of what I’d just read, not sure whether to be happy that my mate isn’t related to some or the fact that one part of her family had actually gone through all that but it was never justified. How did it become from submissives being forced to submissives welcomed?

Submissives wouldn’t leave their mate for , well they did, but that’s not what it meant. It meant that submissives would have to leave their mates because they were told to. Someone in the early years ed it all up with their words, eventually hitting most books as submissive being used for to submissives had a lot of .

That’s why people do actually thank submissives when they get a chance. They helped stop the war of werewolf and vampire differences, in the worst ing possible way. History is screwed up so badly, I'm glad that I never paid attention to my history classes now. I’m sure they would’ve left some sort comments about submissives that were far from correct.

And they bow their heads in respect to their mates? What the ?! I just thought she couldn’t because she was too scared to. I ed it up; I ed everything up so badly. It doesn’t help that she’s out there; all ing alone in a world that mostly either hates submissives or less who are okay with them.

I need to find my mate, now.
 


Okay i know this chapter was really dark, but to be honest it was my most well written and well focused ones of all time even though it focuses on how ed up both sides have it. Leave me comments, i love reading your reactions! Sometimes i leave hints when you make predictions so don't hesitate! 

Meow out!