My Pain

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Wednesday

I opted for walking today. The route is easy, faster than home though I still do come as late as possible to school. Jennie orders her driver to drop her so with our different timings and forms of transport it’s more inconspicuous of us living together.

So just like usual.

I enter school as late as I can, and everybody stares at me. Well it makes sense. I was gone for… basically a whole week so everybody probably thought that I was dead or in solitary confinement. No, I said that wrong. They hoped I was. I held the strap of my shoulder bag strap tight and attempted to ignore them, pacing a little faster as I kept my head down. I glanced to the watch on my wrist, showing 8:28 as I badly wish for 2 minutes to pass right now.

“OI ard!” I freeze all my movement when I hear Sehun, only seconds later Sehun and Chanyeol are in front of me. I would say this was typical, like every other day as everyone is already preparing for their daily show that’s been on hold for a week.

But this is different. Why? Because in the middle of the two bullies I’ve familiarised myself with, Jennie appears. So now, I’m crestfallen but I don’t show it. I just continue looking down like the hopeless mate I am to Jennie.

“We missed you for a whole week, where the were you?!”  Missed me Chanyeol? And boy you’d love to hear how the past 7 days were me. I was in the hospital for a few, found out Jennie was my mate, was down casted because I’m a stupid submissive, went back home and got choked, moved in with Jennie, got lashed with a few yet to heal and now I’m here.

It’s been great.

“Won’t answer huh? I guess daddy beat some more sense into you huh?” I don’t answer his presumption, otherwise I’d be answering to Jennie I’m sure. “Well you didn’t learn a few things so let me help you little.”

“AAH!”

I was pushed right into the lockers, my left side and head taking damage right before I fell front on my hands and knees. I clearly never saw it coming because my eyes were glued on my shoes and they were never this physical but now my eyes were starting to blur up with a thin layer of tears coating my eyes that have yet to fall. This is the first time they hurt me, and this hurt like hell due to his vampire strength which I think I dented a locker with my arm that’s shaking. I think he fractured, or maybe even broke it because the other is fine.

Don’t cry pup.

But it hurts…

I know pup, but we need to them we’re strong.

I’m not strong though. He pushed me singlehandedly.

You are. If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be resisting so well like you always do. Just think of different things.

I was about to stand but he kicked my right hand away, causing me to fall on my left arm and I really do want to cry now. It feels crushed, figuratively yet literally. I think I heard a crack in the mist of the thud

I hear various cheering from around along with laughing and malicious comments but I keep my eyes to the floor as my hair covers some of my face. “Get up!” Chanyeol shouts, but I remain down. I’m too weak to listen to what he wants me to do, to what anyone wants me to do in fact.

Has 2 minutes not gone past already? My eyes are continuing to water but I blink them away. A tear falls onto the floor but that’s it. I proceed to wipe it with the palm of my hand against the floor, not showing my vulnerability yet it ironic as I am practically bowing to him when I think about it right now.

Good girl.

“Oi… GET THE UP!” I ignore it once more.

Hit him pup.

A little too far. And I can’t get up. 

Okay don’t hit, I think this is good enough for progress. Resilience.

I guess, but it’ll always stay with me. Even when I try my best to hide it all.

What pup?

My pain.

“Get up you !” Jennie insulted me then, and it was as if I’d forgotten all the pain in my body left. Except I’m feeling every inch and ounce as I do so. I attempted to stand again and now my perfectly fine arm was shaking from trying to lift all of my weight with the single limb. My legs were unsteady, slightly bent as I leaned my back on the lockers for stability. My eyes are droopy and on the border of unconsciousness but I’m shaken by a familiar shrieking sound that courses through the hallways of our school.

‘Ring’

You know the saying ‘Saved by the bell’?

I don’t understand it.

The students quickly started to disperse as they went to class but the 3 remained standing in front of me, of course towering as well. Right, I have maths with them right now because it’s Wednesday. Perfect. I’m sitting next to Jennie as well.

I slowly make my way to class, thank god the teacher was late so I quietly made my way next t Jennie at the back and from the look she’s giving me, I know she really couldn’t care less. I just go to my desk and put my bag down after taking out my things and resting my back on the chair only to hiss in pain and straighten myself. I tried to be silent about it by biting my lip shortly after, but Jennie caught on.

In fact, she looked right at me, but I only saw that in the corner of my eye since I kept looking at my closed maths book in front of me.

My first day at school with Jennie.

Not going great I guess.

4 hours later ~

Today definitely isn’t going as I’d expected or planned, no wait, I guess they mean the same thing, but that’s not the matter. It’s lunch right now, and so far with the past 4 classes I’ve had, Jennie was in all of them. I thought she was following me the whole time to do or say something but instead she just entered the same room as I did. I was getting anxious each and every time I has turned or crossed the same hallway as her because of the annoyed face she gave when she saw me sitting at a desk.

Now its lunch, so I take my already unbothered body up the many flights of stairs. It’s silent, dead reticent except for my footsteps that seem to echo against the concrete. The walls and ceilings around me guide my body up the narrow math as the darkness of the stairway seems to only increase. My right hand glides on the railing, feeling the many scratches of the thick layer of paint that haven’t touched another students hand except mine in a long time.

 And after endless walking, I’ve arrived.

I push a side of the double doors that have the tarnished sign ‘Do Not Open’ in block letters but I ignore it to find peace. The sunshine hits my face lightly, a light wind blowing in the air as I trudge my way to sit on my rightful seat on the roof of the school, a wooden crate. It rests on the corner of two walls so I automatically drop my bag beside it and curl on the crate while hugging my knees. It’s perfectly positioned so that at this time the building will block the sun from my face.

I have 35 minutes of peace to myself.

So I close my eyes for a brief second, taking a deep breath as I cradle my left arm and rest my head against the wall. I don’t think it’s broken, but it will be seriously bruised as I can tell from the way it hurts as I apply a small amount of pressure. My head remained okay but there is a small bruise on the corner of my forehead but I can live with that I guess.

‘Brrr’

I hear my phone vibrate, breaking my lull composure as I fish it out of my bag. And no doubt, it’s Jennie. I saved her as mate because if people somehow found out I was texting her, then that would be a social break-out for her. Saving her as the word mate also poses a danger to me as well, especially if there were a chance of a student glancing across my phone and noticing. Specifically Sehun and Chanyeol.

Mate:

Where are you

We need to talk

NOW

You:

The rooftop

‘SLAM’ ‘Smack’

I drop my phone on the ground, caught off-guard by the door opened harsh enough to smash into the door, causing it to fall screen down. I quickly pick it up, thankful to not see any cracked screen, before I dust off whatever dirt from the gravel there was and put it in my pocket.

“What the hell are your classes?!” I hear Jennie shout at me along with her padded footsteps in the ground. “E-everything I’ve h-had with you s-so far and then sp-sports.” I divulge quietly before I hear her grunt and then I see her school shoes in front of mine. I remain cradling my injured arm as I haven’t been able to keep that straight without me biting my lip to muffle the pain. “Are you serious?!”  I nod before I slouch my shoulders as low as possible as bend my knees slightly to make myself look smaller to her.

Because remember.

To satisfy her.

I can only guess I’m also in sports class with her but I’m not going to go. I’m going to go to Jessica because I was meant to see her on Monday so she spammed me on Monday and Tuesday with complaints of not coming on my phone. “You’re in all my ing classes?!” I nod, unsure of what to say to her with the horrid game fate is playing on both of us. “Godamn it!”  I remain quiet but finch from the random outburst.

Thinking I’m not needed, I go back to the crate and back into my previous position and pretend that Jennie isn’t there.

‘Bang’

I jump from the noise but I know it’s just Jennie going.

40 minutes later ~

I’m making my way to the gym, noticing all the girls and boys going in and instantly coming out in their white polo shirts and black shorts but I don’t bother since I’m going to Jessica. When all the students were sitting in their groups and waiting for the teacher to arrive, I stay standing by the door.

“Change you idiot! You’re going to hold us all up!” I ignore Chanyeol who’s sitting with Sehun and Jennie but he continues to encourage me on changing. “Why aren’t you listening ?! Change!” I’m glad Jennie hasn’t said anything yet.

“Everybody UP! Stand in line!” Everybody instantly stand up at the sound of a female voice that doesn’t hesitate to overwork students. They all groan except for me since I was standing, but I am slightly scared of the PE teacher. “Why aren’t you changing ___?” She asks, no doubt catching everyone’s attention. The students all have malicious expressions on their faces as they notice my fear, increasing my stutter in speech. “M-My arm h-hurts…” I slowly roll up the sleeve of my coat, a prominent bruise visible on the flesh.

She examines my arm a bit, wincing when she lifts it up the tiniest bit but she lets go, thank god she’s human and doesn’t understand the concept of submissives except that I’m weaker. “Alright then ___, head to the nurses’ office. I don’t think you’ll be able to perform or even be able to change with the state of your arm.” Oh thank god. “T-Thank you m-miss.” I take a glance to Jennie discreetly, but she didn’t look my way.

What did I expect?

What did I expect?

I start running to Jessica’s office as soon as possible, engulfed in a hug the second she sees me in the doorway though I don’t oppose the affection one bit. “___ my little wolf!” Luckily I had my arm protecting my other so that she wouldn’t hurt me. It feels nice being hugged, I think she’s one of the first, or the only one in fact. When she pulls away, she notices the way I’m holding my arm, instantly turning into the nurse I know her well as. “___, what happened to your arm?!” I look away, guilt eating me at the worry she gives me, I don’t deserve it. She slowly pushes me towards the bed, and just like last week, I’m sitting on the bed while she grabs her equipment from under the sink, which is a long and translucent fabric that I know she’ll make a sling out of.

“I’m guessing Sehun and Chanyeol did this to you. What happened to using your words ___?” She ties a knot to connect the ends of the sling, making a loop that I stick my head through. “I-I couldn’t Sica.” She paused in her motions, leaving me confused till she spoke and I was left slightly flustered. “Sica? That’s a nice nickname, different from everyone in Cali.” I didn’t even realise that I called her ‘Sica’. Where did that even come from? She likes it though so I’ll use it I guess.

She adjusts the sling on my neck, making sure the knot doesn’t press into my arm before she stretches it out. “And why couldn’t you use your words? As in from before?” I place my arm in the sling, allowing her to adjust it as I give her a simple reason. “Because my mate was there.”

The simple reason, my mate being present didn’t explain it. The reason should’ve been because my mate had done it. Technically, Sehun had pushed me into the locker, I agree, but Jennie didn’t spare a glance to me when my arm was aching. She was a part of the crowd that stood there, disregarding the way I’d fallen to the ground, the way my arm had gotten crushed. If Sehun hadn’t done it, another member of the crowd would’ve without hesitation.

I wish that my implication could mean something else. ‘Because my mate was there’ –to beat them? –to back me up? But who am I kidding?

She hums, before asking. “Who’s your mate?” My heart dropped at the question, the one thing I was pressured on not messing up by Jennie herself. I start stammering, but Jessica calmly brushes my hair from my face so that I look up at her. “Hey, hey, it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me. Just breathe. ” She notices my hesitation, actually no, most likely my impending panic attack, quickly dropping the subject when she notices my uncertainty and I hadn’t even realised I held my breath till she told me. I exhaled a shaky breath, trying my best to give a smile to Jessica who looked at me worryingly. “Let’s go to the mall today, yeah?”

The mall. It that a good idea? I mean, it’s Jessica and she’s human, it’s not like she’d hurt me. Why would I even think about her hurting me? Probably because she’s scared me a few times or so but that was either a really idiotic thing of me to do or it wasn’t directed towards me at all, just an innocent bystander. I’ve seen her blast off at a teacher before about ignoring my obvious marks of abuse form my father, the way he nonchalantly chuckled about me being a weak and clumsy submissive. I haven’t heard from that teacher in a while, I think it’s been a year.

“Your arm is sprained, and based on your healing; I’d say it’ll be fine by tomorrow night maybe. I’ll give you ice, just wait.” I nod watching her leave the room briefly for what I assume is to retrieve my ice pack.

Anyways, back to the mall. Going to the mall with Jessica is perfectly fine with me, but is it with Jennie? I mean, I don’t remember her denying me the pleasure of going anywhere after school. She said I couldn’t go to my dad’s house, and I definitely won’t be going there in a long while. Or ever. No, never ever will I go back to that monster of a man’s house, the small searing pain in my back is a reminder. I hope my stitches and whatnot never opened up. So if Jennie can’t stop me, then there’s nothing wrong with me going right?

“I guess I have time to spare… Sica.”  

3 hours later ~

I honestly felt like a child.

 Actually I am.

To Jessica I mean, the way she dragged from shop to shop in the mal. I had to remind her that my legs weren’t the greatest out there; gee it was another reminder of how tireless she gets in endless exercise. Apparently she’s lazy though, sleep being her favourite activity of the day.

Hehe. Sleepy Sica.

I refused to accept anything she tried to buy me, whether it be clothes or shoes or small jewellery accessories, I denied everything. Food was hard to refuse, because she actually demanded me to eat. It was nice though, and now I’m arriving back home which I had to walk from dad’s house because Jessica doesn’t know I even moved. Go I overcomplicated everything for myself.  

Now its 5:07 as I check my watch, the mansion that I’d been forced to call home right in front of me. I walk up to the front door, a repeat of what happened on Sunday but this time the pain is minimalistic. I take my key out, slowly glancing around and listening carefully if anybody had come but I realise there was no car outside so we have no visitors.

Making no matter of how eerily silent the mansion is, I quickly speed walked my way up to my room and didn’t bother closing the door as I flopped on the bed on my back because of my sling instead of a lashed back. Yep, a practical repeat of Sunday. But something felt funny in my chest, as if I had something to brace for. It was as if Jennie was angry, but that would make no sense, why on earth would Jennie be angry at me?

I forgot, it was me.

But she has no extra reason for me to feel it in the bond, does she? I don’t remember revealing anything bad to Jessica about Jennie, well actually she knows my mate doesn’t like me, but I never told her it was Jennie. I don’t plan on doing so anyways. If Jennie doesn’t want me to do something then I’m not going to do it. Vice versa if she wants me to do something as well.

‘Stomp Stomp’

Oh she definitely sounds pissed. The echoing strides off her feet sound harsh enough to break a finger under her steps, frighteningly increasing in volume till I hear her shout my name through the mansion I call home.

“___, GET YOUR DOWNSTAIRS NOW!”

No hesitation was required as I jolted off my bed and ran downstairs to where Jennie stood in the middle of the living room with both fists balled up with the temptation sure to throw a punch at me before I look down. Oh no, is she going to hurt me like my dad? I thought her words were enough to hit my submissive body to the edge, she can’t be this vindictive?

It should be the other way around.

What?

Rae?

She didn’t reply.

She never leaves me on an empty question, that’s strange. What did she mean? No matter, because Jennie right now looks like she’s about to blow her head off. Her extremely aesthetic head off though, her straight black hair and usual yet satisfying red lipstick. Her hair was natural I guess last time but I’m not complaining because this looks really nice. No wait, she always looks nice.

And scary as hell.

Don’t they say ‘Vampires are spawns of Satan himself’? I think I understand that more than ‘Saved by the bell’.

She’s still in her sports uniform as well as I recall that we both were meant to participate in PE but I left because of my arm. I notice her look at my arm a little disturbed, it was uncalled for of course, but she’d seen the way I’d held my arm the whole day. She was in all my classes.

I seem to have photographic memory with Jennie, but I don’t mind.

Why is she disturbed? Once again, I blame her for it. I blame her for my injuries as I do the rest of the crowd and unquestionably the two bullies at school that seem to have a passive necessity of ruining my school life. She was friends with those two as well, those two specifically. Just great.

“Where the hell did you go after school?!” My shoulders automatically flinch up to hide my neck, her booming voice provoking me to curl into my already smaller position in front of her. “I-I w-went with J-Jessica.” I whisper, hoping to appease her ‘worry’, though I’m curious as to why she’s asking so.

“Jessica?! Who the hell is Jessica? And why would she want to go anywhere with you?!”

Why does she need to know my relations with Jessica?

“Well?! Answer me!” My right foot takes back half a step, automatically back in its original spot when I flash back to what my dad had done when I flinched during his beatings. Well of course I would flinch, but it was visibly obvious. I’d shielded my face with my arms when I was only 11 years old, a little girl that young has reasons to flinch when their abusive father raises their hand on them in public, he had no care about the public humiliation. He was only reaching for something high in the shelf so guess who couldn’t write for a whole month.

I love human teachers though; they tried their best to keep my education in line with the other werewolves that would secretly still push me in the playground. No difference now.

“Actually you know what? I don’t give a . I couldn’t give a ing about who the Jessica is! I couldn’t give a ing as to why you dragged an innocent who I’m guessing is a human who doesn’t understand what a ing retard of a wolf you are but I don’t need you ing up this whole up with me and my parents because I don’t know where the hell you are in the world you are because I’m your mate! Okay?! You seem to somehow, I don’t even know how, get on the good sides of my parents as a damn ty sub, and I need that to ing stay like that for the sake of us! So more rules!”

What just-

“As soon as you leave school, get home as soon as possible! I don’t need anyone wondering why you’re going the wrong way home if they follow you home to bash you up or whatever! We don’t need my parents seeing any of that , are we clear?! You only need to leave the house for school or if I tell you anyways!”

I opened my mouth but…

She sped off without a word.

 


 

Hi guys :)

I'm here after a while or two, sorry about that, my mum really hates me staying up late but school ENDS IN TWO DAYS!! LOTS OF UPDATES LIKE LAST TIME!! 

Yeah... i also came back with more depressing stuff... lol. have fun reading, ask anything if youre cofused, somtimes i even hint at stuff ;) 

pm if you want, haha, i like talking to you guys!