Though You'll See

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Sunday

“SHUT THE HELL UP!”

A matter of confusion crossed Jennie’s mind she heard me in pain, I'm sure. I’m surprised she could hear me. Or was I that loud? I know that as soon as I see her, the bond works like that but I was a little preoccupied with pain to realise it before. I must’ve been bothering her but I’m shocked that she would bust into the bathroom.

So when Jennie runs into the bathroom and attempts to tell me off, she’s more confused. I’m standing under the shower head though it’s obvious it’s cold because the mirror isn’t fogging up and no steam is present in the air. Then she sees me crying under the water with a hand against my mouth, she knows I was trying to not disturb her. Then she looks at my body, the way I’m shaking under the water, makes sense if it was cold but not to the extent of crying. I know she was taken back with the fact that I wasn’t wearing a bra, considering how I was covering my chest with my arms and I know she stared a bit before she stared down and saw the reddish water on the wet floor. She then keeps looking down to the bathroom in front of her, the pants that look clean, the bra that looks half red and brown, then the shirt that sits in front of her feet which is covered in the same colour as the bra.

When all that spans in the matter of 5 seconds, all I wondered was what she was asking herself in that time.

She picks up my shirt, not caring about the way the blood coats her hand in a sticky layer or the fact that the tiled floor has a smudge if blood as well. Then she looks to me, eyes flashing red for a brief second before she finally spoke. “Turn around ___.” It was told so rushed I almost didn’t catch her say it but was dubious about it, biting on my hand to muffle whatever may come out of my mouth till I get used to the stinging to my back.

She’s wearing what she wore in the morning so I assume she hadn’t left home or her room at all. Her hair isn’t wet anymore because that’s obviously dried, her hair tied up in a bun in a lazy manner. Or messy. “___. Turn around now.” She takes a step forward but me still being afraid of the vampire, I take a step back so now my torso isn’t in line with the water anymore. Thank god that torture is over but I don’t think I washed it all properly. Is she mad? No, still confused I think. I can’t really tell. She’s not shouting at me, talking, but she’s stern about it, ordering me calmly. She’s still ordering me around I guess.

“___. Turn around or I swear to god-” That’s when I realise I’d been looking at her dead in the eye the whole time. I shouldn’t be doing that. I screwed up. She paused in the middle of her sentence when I averted my eyes downwards and I see that the water isn’t as red as before. So I step forward, diligently avoiding the running water and stepping out of the shower before there’s about a 2 metre distance in between us and I slowly turn around.

“Who the did this to you?! And why?!” Why is she asking? Why does she bother asking? Why does she care? Does she care? “Answer me ___!” I answer her, whispering but making sure it’s louder than the shower. I remove my hand from my mouth, placing it over the arm that covers my chest because who knows. “D-Dad did.” I jolt when I feel something cold touch the spot where my shoulder connects to my neck but it retracts as soon as it touches me. Was that her hand?

“Why did he… hit you?” She seethed out, apparently unhappy with the thought of me being hit. Also much closer, so it must’ve been her hand.

“Because it’s me.” I don’t need any other reason, do I?  I can imagine myself asking the same to Jennie, why do you hate me? And if she doesn’t answer for whatever reason her boldness has disappeared, I would answer for her the same as I’d just said.

I hear the sound of Jennie stepping away before she comes back. I’m tempted to turn because I know she has something in her hand but I don’t know what. “Don’t move.” Move? Why would I? I feel something wrap around my legs and a bit on my lower back but I didn’t get lashed there. It was soft, looking down to see Jennie tying a towel around my legs. Oh right… I was still in my underwear.

“Sit on the bed NOW!”                  I see her pass me to turn the shower off and I run off onto the bed before she sees my front again. Goosebumps erupt on my skin from the motion of the air skimming along my body that still had droplets of water on them. I sit cross-legged in the middle of the bed since I was not sure at all where to sit.

‘Click’

I hear her gently close the bathroom door before she steps towards the bedroom door and calls out “Get Doctor Lee, and hurry!” Then she’s behind me and starts lecturing me. I’m actually really stumped with how she feels for me.

“You’re telling me… your dad hit you just because it’s you?!” I nod, because all the reasons centralise around me. Mom’s death, that was because me. Being a submissive, my fault. Jennie as my mate, I didn’t deserve her. “Motherfu-…” She paused in the middle of swearing before she asked what I hoped she wouldn’t. “Did he choke you as well?!” I nod again.

“You’re not allowed there again!” I wouldn’t go there if I was allowed anyways. But I don’t know why she even-

“I can’t have my parents blame me for what you did yourself!”

Well then.

She still doesn’t care about me. That makes a whole lot sense now.

“I’M HERE MISS KIM!” I hear a male voice behind me before I believe he’s running in the room. “Holy-” “Fix ___ back up! And don’t tell my parents!” He’s panting hard, keen to not disappoint Jennie with being late before I hear his now soft steps come closer to me. “This… is really bad Miss Kim. Who did this to her?” “I didn’t call you to ask questions Lee! Fix her back and then you can go.” I hear the doctor sigh before I feel weight being pressed on the bed, his bag. It rattles a bit with medical equipment but I don’t bother turning with Jennie pissed off as is.

“She’s got a lot of marks so it would be rather difficult for me to carry out my procedure on her due to her fidgeting in pain.”

”Sedate her or whatever the hell you have to do. Just get it done, and fast.”

I feel a familiar pinch in my neck with warning and bite my lip to let out any noise.

Jennie POV ~

“A-AAAH!” I swear to god I’m going to kill her. That submissive has been making noise, I don’t know what the hell for, and I can’t concentrate on anything because of her. So I do the logical thing of telling her off, and if she doesn’t quieten down then I’ll make her.

I think about it for a second though. She’s in the shower as I can hear the water running, so is that weird? No, she’s my mate. I technically have the right to see correct? And she’s a sub as well so she has no choice.

So without further ado, I leave my room, slam open her door and march my way to the bathroom door and swing it open.

“SHUT THE HELL UP-!”

I was so ready to add on some sort of crude name for her that she deserves but I stop when I see her face. Her hand clasped around so that she wouldn’t make noise. Arms around her chest to hide her front which is why you shouldn’t barge into peoples’ bathrooms but I was pissed at the time, not thinking about the fact that she would be almost . Now, I don’t know. The water on the shower floor is red, and now I’m pissed again but I try my best to hide it. Then I see her pants crinkled on the bathroom floor, then her bra which was red as well. Then her shirt which was the worst. I grabbed it right in front of my feet, and it was what I hoped it wasn’t.

Blood.

I can smell it. And it smells damn better than anything else I’ve ever had. I can already feel my mouth salivating at the sight. There was so much of it as well, I would my fingers but I have questions, like first of all.

Like what the hell had happened in the last 2 hours?

She was perfectly fine before and now… I don’t even know what happened to her.

“Turn around ___.” I tell her, my anger getting the best of me and telling myself to rush but she doesn’t listen, it’s like she’s testing my resistance to jump her. I grit my teeth, unhappy with her reluctance to comply but she’s the one in pain I tell myself. “___. Turn around now.” I seethe out while taking a cautious step forward but she takes one back. God, she’s a ing submissive. She’s meant to listen and do what I say so why won’t she?

She’s really getting on my nerves now.

In a pissy yet wanting way.

“___. Turn around or I swear to god-” I snapped but stop when I see her look away. I was being sarcastic with that in the hospital; does she seriously not look people in the eye? I thought she was just too scared to look at me so she wouldn’t, but she was dead on watching me on the face as I checked what the hell was happening a second ago until now.

She stepped forward, dodging the water stream and came close while still covering her chest and mouth, leaving a 2 metre gap between us.

Must’ve scared her.

Good.

Then she turns around, and holy I don’t know what I’m going to do but my hands start clenching on the now ruined shirt she wore before.

She’s washed under the shower enough to show what type of marks that were hiding under her blood. Well I’m guessing that’s why she had to take the shower; her shirt is covered in blood after all. They all overlapped each other, running from top to bottom and left to right. Cuts and heavy grazing is all I see, her extremely red skin practically looks like its throbbing for comfort but I know there’s a decent amount of delicious blood right under her skin.

“Who the did this to you?! And why?!” She remained silent but I insisted on her telling me while slowly coming closer to her without her noticing it, I just couldn’t help it. “Answer me ___!” “D-Dad did.” I hear the werewolf say, and damn my stupid bond with her once again because I brought hands shaky with want to touch a part of her shoulder but jerked when I did so I instantly jumped back as well.

I would’ve been pissed, but I caught myself staring at the same spot the whole time. Her blood is slowly starting to seep out of her washed wounds, and my will to control myself from taking a drop was tantalising.

I clamped my mouth, glad with her being turned around right now because I don’t want her knowing what I feel right now. My fangs were pinching my bottom lip but I couldn’t do this. Not to her. God, I wanted to sink my teeth right where I’d touched seconds ago.

“Why did he…” I gulped down my thirst and attempted to spit my words out. “Hit you?” I honestly could not care less that she got hit, but if it’s going to make me like this then I’m not having it. “Because it’s me.” Was that her dads’ stupid reason to test my hunger for her blood?

I walked away briefly, dropping the shirt in the corner, because I’d just remembered she was almost so I grabbed a towel and forewarned her with a “Don’t move.” before I tied the towel around her hip. I was close with her back once again but face to face, only an inch away and I had to stop breathing to not smell her blood before I moved away and said “Sit on the bed NOW!”  so that she would go.

I needed to control my urge right now.

I go into the shower, washing my hands in the cold water before I turn it off and go to the mirror and look at myself. I look demonic if I’ll say. The way I’m heavily breathing as soon as she left, the way my fangs are displayed as my eyes are flashing red. It’s like I hadn’t eaten in days, what would mom and dad say?

Oh god. What would mom and dad say? Hearing that ___ had been hit by her dad? Her back seen like this? They would most definitely kill me, I know they expect me to protect that submissive because she’s too weak and little to fend or do anything for herself.

Also too weak to fend me off…

No, that’s disgusting.

I definitely don’t want to drink her blood.

I hope.

I shake my head to hide my cravings before I stepped out and closed the bathroom door, revealing ___ sitting in the middle of the bed. It’s like she knew that I wanted to bite her, presenting her back for me to stare hungrily. I move my eyes away and go to the door to shout for one of my maids to call the doctor. “Get Doctor Lee, and hurry!” I hear a bunch of running and then beeps in the distance so I’m only guessing that they’re calling him. Then I stand behind her, staring at her back the whole time as I’m now annoyed at myself for not handling myself well and at her.

“You’re telling me… your dad hit you just because it’s you?!” I ask, responded by her with a nod. This guy really wanted me to kill me.

“Motherfu-” I stopped because something clicked.

He hit her with what I’m guess is a belt because her red marks are in weir forms and shapes but are straight at the bottom. He hit her just because. Then I recalled Wednesday morning, her dream. The person kicking her, they were wearing the same shoes and pants as her dad on Friday. I was thinking about it but everything was blurry when I was checking her dream so I just thought of it as a coincidence. I also recall our little staring game we had on each other, but I scoffed at her when she kept looking away. Pathetic. I obviously won. I guess her dad also choked her, because I don’t think she went anywhere that day.

So, she gets abused at home. That makes a lot of sense. But at least give reason for abuse. You can’t just say that you’ll hit someone because… actually never mind. I just remembered she was a submissive.

That makes a lot of sense as well.

“Did he choke you as well?!” She nods again and I know one thing for sure. This can’t happen again, not for her benefits but for mine with my parents and self-control.

“You’re not allowed there again!” She doesn’t answer so I just continue. “I can’t have my parents blame me for what you did yourself!”

“I’M HERE MISS KIM!” I hear behind me before Dr Lee comes in a little dishevelled. Finally, he took his damn time as well. I don’t care if he looks a little rough from running or tired, but he needs to fix this up or else.

“Holy-” I watch his eyes open, surprised with the state of ___’s back but I interrupted him. “Fix ___ back up! And don’t tell my parents!” God, I know he would snitch as soon as he would be finished. But he’s a trusted family doctor so I guess I kind of understand, but I really don’t need to take for something I didn’t do. It’s good enough that I’ve called Dr Lee for her so she should appreciate it.

He slowly comes closer, studying her back and I know he’s going to say something. “This… is really bad Miss Kim. Who did this to her?” But I retort quickly to his predictable question and obvious statement. I mean, I know it’s bad you idiot, that’s why I brought you here. “I didn’t call you to ask questions Lee! Fix her back and then you can go.” He places his medical bag on the bed before he speaks up once more.

“She’s got a lot of marks so it would be rather difficult for me to carry out my procedure on her due to her fidgeting in pain.”

Do I really care? No.

”Sedate her or whatever the hell you have to do. Just get it done, and fast.” I watch him swiftly take out a syringe and poke her in the neck with it and I see the way she stiffened which opened up her wounds a little.

I really need to leave.

But I watch her start to slump to the side and hear Dr Lee curse “ …” and want to hold her but I growl before I go in front of her and hold her up with her neck resting on my hand, right where he injected her. Then her arms fall, and I start to look up because I’m not a bloody ert.

This is the total opposite of what I need right now.

I look behind her to see Dr Lee laughing nervously and I send him a harsh glare to shut him up. “Sorry… I really should’ve thought about that.” Is he kidding me? “No ing Dr Lee! What if she fell backwards?” “I wouldn’t mind that.” I look at him, dead in the eye, calmly speaking though I do hope he understands that I was being completely serious.

“If you take a single look anywhere but her back right now, I won’t hesitate to do what she’s got but with a scalding iron rod and 100 times harder. Got it?

He nods wide eyed before I slowly place her on the bed, face down, so that Dr Lee can start fixing her back. And as much as I want to leave the room because I hate the girl, I know I have to stay here. She won’t be able to eat dinner since she’s out like a light, probably not school either because that’s a normal werewolf dose; he doesn’t know that she’s a submissive.

And talking about dinner, I’m hungry. I quickly go to the kitchen, grab a blood bag and straw before I’m back in her room sitting next to her in less than 2 seconds. I open the bag and start drinking with the straw, but it tastes off.

I suddenly don’t like the blood.

I check the bag to see maybe it’s my parents taste but no, this is the blood I usually drink, and it doesn’t fill me as much as it used to. Did ___ do this? When I smelt her blood? Well I still do. That’s probably why. It’s all I can smell, and it’s driving me insane not doing anything. I just want to jump on her right now, push Dr Lee away and just sink my teeth into her. It’s not like she can move away from now right now.

I’d already the blood bag dry just thinking about her blood again.

___ POV ~

Rae.

Pup.

I feel weird.

It’s the anaesthesia.

Ah right. It probably is. But something else as well.

I assume it’s nothing good?

You’re right.

I assume it’s Jennie.

I guess that’s a given, right? I wonder who her friends are at school.

You really can’t help it, huh?

What Rae?

To be curious all the time.

No, I can’t. I wonder many things.

Like what?

What would my life be like if I wasn’t submissive? Dad wouldn’t hate me; well he would, but just not as much as he does now. What changing into a wolf feels like? What you look like, technically us, but more you.

I don’t need to know what I look like. I mean, it would be nice, but I can live like this. If submissives in the past could then I sure can, right?

What were submissives like in the past Rae?

They were… like us I guess. I don’t think asking me is the right idea pup, you should read a book on it.

But you know what they were like right? I mean, you knew what a submissive was and had to explain it all to me.

I do… but I’d rather not say pup.

Why not?

Some things are best left unknown.