Bonus Chapter: The Wedding

If I Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Bonus Chapter:
The Wedding
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

↞••=••↠

┖ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ♡ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┙

It was somewhat of a euphoria, something that took his breath away and knocked the wind out of him in the best way possible. It was a moment that Jimin wanted to capture in time forever and frame it--a time he wanted to stay in forever and never let go. He threaded his fingers through the hair at the back of Yoongi’s head and smiled against his pale lips as cheers and whistles echoed through the room. Jimin never could’ve explained the happiness that coursed through his veins.

It took over a year to plan and organize, it stressed both of them out beyond belief but having the moment there before him seemed more than surreal. Yoongi had been gone for a time in the middle of planning, though he video called him. After a show, he would video call from wherever he was, sit down with a notebook, and plan just as hard as Jimin did. It made the official moment that much more unreal.

A warm smile crossed the older boy's lips, leaning in once more to capture his counterpart's lips softly, slowly, and his hands rested comfortably on Jimin's waist. "Did this just happen?" Yoongi whispered.

“Yeah,” he nodded, allowing his lips to upturn into a bright smile. “Yeah, it did.”

"Finally!" He laughed. He reached his arms underneath Jimin, picking him up bridal style to walk back down the aisle.

Jimin curled into his chest and laughed. “Cliche much?”

"Don't ruin the moment, Jimin-ah," Yoongi laughed. "I'm going to be so cliche it'll make you cringe, and you're just gonna have to grin and bear it."

“And I’m supposed to be married to you?” he rolled his eyes playfully. “Whatever shall I do?”

"Nothing now!" He grinned. "You're stuck with me, Park Jimin, whether you like it or not."

“You know what,” Jimin chuckled, toying with the back of Yoongi’s collar. “I really think that I can live with that. I made it through the vows, I think I can live through anything now.”

"I'd hope so." Yoongi chuckled, softly placing his lips on the pinks strands of Jimin's hair. "I'm running out of love confessions."

“Good, it gives me time to catch up.” He grinned.

Jimin allowed his mind to wander in the slightest on the way to the reception. His mind had been captivated with Yoongi throughout the entire service up until the last moment, though his thoughts drifted to Namjoon, Seokjin, and Jihyun before they made it to their destination. He hoped they were proud of him, that this was what they wanted. He hoped they were happy that he and Yoongi took this step after moving to Seoul together.

There were already several people at the reception when they arrived. He could hear the music playing softly as he stepped out of the car and brushed his neatly styled hair out of his eyes. It was still so surreal, still so amazing and dream-like. For a moment, he had to glance over his shoulder at Yoongi just to assure himself that everything that had happened really did take place just minutes before.

“Yoongi,” he spoke softly as the older boy shut the door to the car.

“Yes, Jimin?” He replied, tucking his hands into the pockets of his slacks as he came to stand by his side.

“I love you,” Jimin whispered. “I love you so much.”

"And I, you." He smiled. For a minute, Yoongi took the sight of his partner, dressed in a pristine white suit that contracted with his bright pink hair. Jimin seemed to glow in the warm light of the setting sun. The soft shadows that complemented his dark eyes and the soft tint of pink in his lips. He let out a long sighed.

“What?” Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, smiling slightly. “What are you thinking about?”

"I'm thinking," Yoongi murmured, pulling one of his hands from his pockets to reach for Jimin's. "That I get to keep you all to myself. I get to wake up next to you every day and fall asleep with you every night," he intertwined their fingers and started slowly walking across the parking lot. "I get to argue with you more and I get to cry with you when you're sad. I get to share everything with you. Everything. I'm thinking that," he paused momentarily, his soft eyes blinking over at the younger boy. "You're still as beautiful as you were in that studio."

“Would you believe that I’m thinking the same thing?” he smiled, running his fingers over the ring on Yoongi’s finger. “Would you believe that knowing that I get to spend the rest of my life with you makes me fall in love with you all over again?”

"If you had told me three years ago that I'd be walking across a parking lot at sunset, hand in hand with my husband to go to our reception, I would have called you crazy." he laughed. "It makes me feel warm when you say things like that, you know. It makes things feel so surreal." He breathed out. "It makes it all seem like a dream."

“I know what you mean.” Jimin pulled the door to the building open and watched Yoongi walk in. “It’s kind of hard to believe, don’t you think?”

“Honestly, I’m waiting for someone to pinch me and I’ll wake up on the couch in my uncle’s apartment.” He admitted quietly, stepping through another set of doors into the large room. He visibly swallowed, letting his eyes close. “God, I hope this is real.”

“Hey,” Jimin walked out in front of him, cupping the older boy’s jaw in his hands. “It’s real, I swear. I’m here and I’ve been here for three years, it’ll always be real. I promise.” He leaned forward and brushed his lips against Yoongi’s as if anything more could shatter him. “Am I real enough for you?”

"Sometimes I don't think you're real," he whispered. Yoongi’s lashes fluttered against his cheeks as he blinked away the soft haze that seeped into his dark eyes. "Sometimes it still feels like I'm watching you from a distance, and you don't know me. But," he swallowed again, looking up to meet Jimin's gaze. "I think it feels a lot worse now since I'm so happy I could explode." he laughed sheepishly, quietly, trying his to hide the fear in his eyes.

“You wanna know a secret? About when we first met?” he proposed quietly. “I wasn’t going to practice that day, Seokjin-hyung was supposed to pick me up early. But I told him there was a project, an important project that Jungkook and I had to finish. I went because I wanted to meet the mysterious person leaving me water bottles.” Jimin leaned his forehead against Yoongi’s and closed his eyes. “I had no one clue who you were like everyone else did. And every time you looked at me I felt like the luckiest person alive because I didn’t see you as a rising underground rapper--I saw you as Min Yoongi.”

Yoongi huffed quietly, turning his eyes towards the ceiling. "God, why are you doing this to me." He sniffled softly, a small tear rolling down his cheek. "You are incredible, Park Jimin. I've said that so many times, but I mean it every time." he slowly wrapped his arms around Jimin, holding onto him like he'd disappear from his arms. "Thank you. Thank you for not leaving me. Thank you for talking to me. Thank you for being my friend."

Jimin gripped the back of his blazer. “Thank you for making me fall in love with you.”

"God, okay," Yoongi pulled back, sniffling and gently wiping the tear from his cheek before taking Jimin's hand again. "Let's go before I turn into a pile of damn tears."

The younger boy let out a quiet laugh and pushed through the final set of doors leading into the main area where the reception was being held. He scanned the room, taking in the red, black, and white accented decorations that were placed throughout the room, each having their own, specific place. Jimin ran his thumb over Yoongi’s hand as they walked farther into the room in the direction of the wedding party’s table. He spotted Jungkook before they arrived at the table. His face was flushed, eyes moving shyly to the ground, then back up to the boy that smiled at him.

Jimin nudged his partner. “I told him, but he didn’t listen.”

Yoongi grinned slightly at the sight of the two, stuffing his free hand in his pocket. "You know, the first night after we met up for planning a few months back, Yugyeom-ah wouldn't shut up about him." he laughed. "I think you knew what you were talking about."

“Maybe you should listen to me more often then,” he chuckled with a small smile.

"You know, I might just start doing that." He pulled Jimin's hand up to place a soft kiss on it before they made it to their table. He pulled out Jimin's chair for him before he took the seat next to him.

Jimin smirked slightly. “I think that would be a quite wise decision, don’t you think?”

"Don't let your head get any bigger Jimin-ah," he poked his forehead, raising an eyebrow. "You might fall over."

“Will you catch me?” He winked, grasping onto his hand.

"You'll just have to see, won't you?" Yoongi smirked, taking Jimin’s hand and holding it tightly in his own, letting it rest on his leg.

“Yeah,” he smiled brightly, “I will.”

“Okay,” a voice drawled with a hint of a small laugh. “It’s now time for the couple’s first dance.”

Jimin’s face lightened considerably as he smiled at Yoongi teasingly. “Ever danced with a professional dancer?”

"I have. Once before." Yoongi confirmed, resting his arm on the back of his chair. "However, it ended with me putting him in a chokehold, so I think the experience could have been better."

“Sounds like a good time,” he nodded, standing from his chair. “Care to give it another try?”

He couldn't help the slight narrow of his dark eyes at his younger companion. "I don't know, am I going to end up cornered on the floor again?"

“Either way, I don’t think you have much of a choice.” Jimin leaned down and grasped onto Yoongi’s hand once again. “Dance with me, jagiya.”

A very warm smile plastered itself across Yoongi's face as he let Jimin pull him from his chair, his cheeks dusted with a soft pink color that matched his husband's hair. "God, why does hearing you say that sound so strange and amazing at the same time?"

“I don’t know, couldn’t tell you,” he sighed, wrapping his arms around Yoongi’s neck. “I certainly hope that you know how to slow dance, it’s the easiest thing there is.”

Yoongi pursed his lips, "What would happen if I said I honestly didn't?"

“Then I would say,” he stepped back slightly and gently pulled Yoongi to follow. “I would say, just follow me. I step back, you step f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter