Final

Love Your Neighbors

Having a workplace that is far from your home is the most inconvenient Baekhyun ever has.

From busy streets, pollution, traffic and of course the only thing he can have if he doesn't want any hassle, taxi. Taxi, which would even cost him a lot.

 

He has a car, because damn, he's rich. But he won't bother use it coming back and forth from his workplace to his house when he could even barely have sleep. His life is precious, he doesn't want to die yet.

 

The only choice he can have is to get a condo unit just near his workplace. With that, he doesn't have to deal with such hassle and he could get ample sleep.

 

 

 

Baekhyun waits with arms crossing on his  chest while his left toe tapping at the marble floor.

 

When the elevator opens, he hurriedly gets inside unaware of the presence of a certain guy.

 

He sighs as he put one of his bag down along with his luggage. Turning his head to the right, there he saw a tall, lanky man with big ears like dwarf frowning as he scrolls his phone. Handsome.

 

 

He seems like he isn't aware of himself already staring at this unknown guy beside him who is already smirking in front of him, completely aware of his stares.

 

 

Hot.

 

 

Wait. This isn't the time to flirt Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

"Do you need anything, kid?" The guy raises his eyebrows with his creepy smile plastered on his face.

 

 

Baekhyun frowns at that. Kid? He's not a kid. He may be short. A midget, as he says but his height isn't one to be called a kid.

 

 

You should be thankful, you're handsome.

 

 

 

"I'm not a kid." Baekhyun almost rolls his eyes at that but he must show a good impression.

 

The guy chuckles looking amused at him, " Chill. This must be your first day here, right?"

 

Baekhyun should not even be talking to strangers. My mom would strangle me to death.

 

 

"Er... yes."

 

The guy nods his head facing back at his phone. After like reading a text, he lifts his head taking a glance to his watch and faces back to him.

 

"By the way, I really have to go. Nice meeting you."

 

He nods waving his hands.

 

Closing the doors again he sighs dreamily. That guy is really handsome. Well, it's good if he likes guys but if not-

 

"Oh !"

 

As he looks into what floor he is, he realized that he already passes through where he is supposed to go.

 

 

Damn.

 

 

He presses the down button to go back and waits again. He totally forgot about it since his head is thinking about the guy earlier whom he just met.

 

 

Going out from the elevator, he saw him, again talking to the phone as he presses the bar code in front of a door.

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

Right in front of his own unit, the guy stays there?

 

 

 

They are, fortunately, neighbors?

 

 

Baekhyun doesn't even know why but, he smiles to that. He's happy, alright?

 

 

He tries his best to get his attention hoping they could talk again but, his neighbor doesn't notice him and enters his unit.

 

 

That's sad.

 

 

Anyway, it's not like he won't see him again.

 

 

 

 

"Hello, Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun calls his bestfriend. He misses that penguin a lot.

 

 

"What again, ."

 

 

Nice. What a good day.

 

 

Sitting at his bed, he pouts. "Why are you so mean?"

 

He hears a sigh coming from the other line. "If you'll just gonna blabber about how hectic your day is, then I'm gonna hang up."

 

"No! You won't believe me but, I really have a hot, handsome neighbor, Kyung."

 

"And? Is that supposed to be shocking?"

 

"You know what, can you come here and help me with these stuffs?"

 

"I knew it. Sorry Baek, but got a date with Nini right now." Okay. One of the reasons why he hates these two. They practically makes him feel all lonely. Like, you know, among all of their friends, he's the one who only stays single.

 

"Okay! Use protection, alright?"

 

"What the f-

 

"Bye!"

 

 

From: Satansoo

"See me, and I'll bury you alive."

 

To: Satansoo

"Nah, no thanks."

 

 

He lays down on his bed smiling. It's amazing to be at a new place. He's lowkey excited to meet people and make new friends.

 

 

 

When the new day comes, Baekhyun decides to atleast greet his neighbor and formally introduce himself.

 

 

Pressing the door bell in front of him, he feels all anxious. He will be talking to him again.

 

Okay, first things first.

 

You have to pretend to not know you're neighbors.

 

Next, act as if you don't remember him.

 

 

"Oh, it's you again!"

 

Yes, and you are still handsome as ever.

 

With white shirt and on pajamas, and your dishiveled hair. You've got to be more handsome than models do.

With his thoughts, he shrugs it off. Remember, you have to pretend, you forgot him.

 

 

"Uh, what?" Good Baek. You're doing amazing, sweetie.

 

The guy smiles at that.

 

He may looks so weird when he smiles but jesus, he's so aesthetically handsome in the eyes of Baekhyun.

 

Seriously, you need to stop Baekhyun.

 

"You don't remember me? Kid?" The guy seems like to a lot.

 

 

"Oh! Yes right. Sorry hehe." Someone give me the best actor award.

 

"So, you must be my neighbor. I heard you are the new owner of that unit." Stop smiling, will you?

 

"Oh, yes." Where did your confidence go, Baekhyun?

 

"By the way, I made you some cupcakes. You know, I must greet my new neighbor."

Baekhyun shows up his rectangular smile. Pft. Rectangular shaped lips, when he smiles. Well, he do believe he looks adorable to that though.

 

 

 

It's been a week and Baekhyun must say the two of them became so close. They've got the same hobby and both of them can't just pull their mouths shut.

 

Well, if there is one thing Baekhyun is good at, that is to chatter his mouth from the moment he wakes up and only stops when he's already asleep.

 

He's a human chatter box, afterall.

 

 

 

 

"You have to be ing kidding me, Chanyeol. You know I at cooking."

 

Playing League of Legends is one of the assets Baekhyun is good at. He's a good player at that and comes bragging that to Chanyeol. He didn't even know that the latter is much more good than him.

 

And this time, he lost and his consequence is to cook the dinner, for them.

 

Well, dinner date? Okay, keep on dreaming, Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Chanyeol can't seem to contain his laughter. He really likes seeing Baekhyun angry. Aww cute.

 

 

Wait.

 

 

Shut the up, .

 

 

 

Well, it's not like he can let Baekhyun cook, he doesn't want to burn his own unit. , I'll do it myself.

 

No, totally not. He treats Baekhyun like a princess. He doesn't let the latter do any when they are together.

 

Mind telling why?

 

He likes him.

 

His cute puppy face, his button nose, his thin lips, his height.

 

Yes, his height. He likes it when he looks down and can immediately see those eyes of him.

 

 

Stupid.

 

He loves him, alright?

 

 

 

"Alright, alright. I can't let you cook, shortie."

 

Cute name he has there. He likes calling Baekhyun shortie.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. Well the pros he has is that even when he loses, Chanyeol still won't give him any hard consequences that he has to deal with.

 

He sometimes wonder if Chanyeol is just being the nice, soft, cutie patootie guy here.

 

What? What was that?

 

Alright. Stop with those cringey s, Baekhyun.

 

 

Damn, whipped.

 

 

"Are you cooking my favorite again?" Princess Baekhyun, his highness is sure the luckiest on earth.

 

 

Get married already LOL

 

 

Kyungsoo always says that everytime Baekhyun tells him how Chanyeol takes care of him.

 

 

"Yes, and no cucumber. I know."

 

Sure. With the short time they just met, Chanyeol already memorized everything he needs to know about Baekhyun.

 

 

"Strawberry milk is in the fridge."

 

Chanyeol doesn't even like it but since his love-

 

 

Eew

 

 

Shut up.

 

Since Baekhyun likes it, well, he has to have it.

 

 

If Baekhyun doesn't like cucumber, Chanyeol's the opposite, he likes the smell of it.

 

But Baekhyun hates it. So sorry cucumber, I'll hate you too.

 

If Chanyeol can't eat spicy food, Baekhyun is craving for those everyday.

 

So sorry stomach, you have to endure this.

 

Sigh.

 

The things you do for love.

 

Chanyeol might be suffering at those but, seeing a happy Baekhyun is worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If they care at each other like that, what are they?

 

Friends?

 

Nah, it's surely more than that.

 

Best friends?

 

Nah, Kyungsoo will kill them both. No one should replace him to that position.

 

Then what?

 

Chanyeol is also thinking. What are they?

 

 

 

 

 

Make a move bro.

 

Sehun his cousin, keeps on nagging him about it.

 

No way! He's afraid. What if Baekhyun doesn't feel the same? What if he can just ruin what they have right now?

 

 

"Yeol, can I borrow your phone?"

 

"No!"

 

Baekhyun jumps at that.

 

"W-why are you shouting?"

 

Chanyeol panicks when he sees that Baekhyun is already holding his phone.

 

No way, he can't see those stolen pictures he got him, most especially the one he took on that first day they met.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was on the elevator on that day going back to his unit. He just came back from his sister's place to visit her when he saw a guy bringing a lot of bags.

 

He smiled.

 

Why is he so cute?

 

He took off his phone and took a picture of him.

 

Aww, he is so cute. OMG

 

 

When he noticed that the guy is looking at him, he instantly frowned.

 

No way in hell he has to smile at his phone looking like a maniac.

 

He was wondering if this is his new neighbor. The woman who was the owner of the unit in front of his just moved out and sold it.

 

He suddenly felt so happy.

 

This is destiny, maybe?

 

 

 

Destiny my .

 

 

 

 

So

 

 

He decided to talk to him.

 

 

When he reaches his floor, he waved a goodbye, feeling disappointed because the guy seems like won't be his neighbor.

 

Dragging his heavy body to his unit, he heard the elevator opened, assuming it was him, he instantly took off his phone to take another picture but with his peripheral vision, he already saw that the guy is looking at him.

 

He then flexed his body around, he put his phone on his ears, pretending he is calling someone.

 

Damn. That was close.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is looking at Chanyeol eyes so wide. He is shocked that Chanyeol shouts at him that way.

 

 

"O-oh, sorry. I mean yes. What are you going to do w-with that, yeah?"

 

Chanyeol seems so uneasy. . What he'll gonna do with this?

 

"I just want to text Kyungsoo, my phone just died."

 

Kyungsoo. That bestfriend of him. Again.

 

He's jealous. He doesn't even know that that guy already has someone. Dumb.

 

"Oh, okay." Baekhyun seems to feel something is up.

 

Baekhyun approaches him looking so worried.

 

"Yeol, is there something wrong?" Baekhyun taps his shoulder and Chanyeol jumps at that, terrified.

 

Baekhyun laughs.

 

"Nothing." Chanyeol smiles bitterly, trying his best not to cry.

 

 

If he only knew.

 

 

 

 

 

It's Sunday. It's the time they usually go out together, eat outside and buy groceries.

 

Baekhyun presses the bar code. He knows Chanyeol's bar code. It's his own birthdate afterall. Chanyeol let him change it so he can easily enter at his unit.

 

 

Boyfriends

 

 

 

Oops

 

"Chanyeollie! I am here!" Baekhyun roams his eyes around. Where is Chanyeol?

 

He enters Chanyeol's room just to see him curling like a baby in the bed, blanket covering his whole body.

 

Is he sick?

 

He sees a towel and a basin at his bed side table. He really is.

 

With a sigh, he goes over to Chanyeol.

 

Sweat streaming down Chanyeol's face looking so pale.

 

"Chanyeol, why didn't you call me? Tsk. Have you eaten?"

 

Chanyeol shakes his head no.

 

Baekhyun doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to cook at all. Well, a simple porrigde won't hurt right?

 

"Wait here, I'll just make you a porridge."

Chanyeol is hesitant to let Baekhyun go, he is gripping Baekhyun's hand tightly.

 

"Yeol, I know how to make porridge. Don't worry about it."

 

 

 

Chanyeol is sure this is because he eats spicy food a lot lately. Well, he needs to impress Baekhyun and he really likes eating spicy foods. He just wants to fit in to Baekhyun's likes too.

 

Just as Baekhyun goes out his room, he hears someone pressing the bell.

 

Does Chanyeol has a visitor?

 

Opening the door, he sees a beatiful woman smiling at him.

 

"You must be Baekhyun."

 

Wait.

 

She knows me? I didn't know I'm popular.

 

Is she Chanyeol's what? Freind? Or Girlfriend? But Chanyeol said he is single as .

 

"I'm Yura by the way, I'm Chanyeol's older sister! You can call me Noona."

 

Baekhyun doesn't know what to do.

 

My future sister-in-law is here!

 

 

 

 

Wait. What the ? Stop dreaming, Baek.

 

"O-oh, hi. Baekhyun, I am Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun hurriedly bows down greeting Yura.

 

Yura smiles, "I know, Chanyeol always talks about you non stop."

 

Baekhyun never feels so embarrassed in his whole life.

 

"Uh, Chanyeol is at his room." Baekhyun has no idea what to say. He is here with Chanyeol. Alone. What would just Yura think of him?

 

"Oh, right. He's sick! God! He really won't stop eating spicy food. He knows he can't eat that!"

 

Baekhyun falls his mouth in shock. "H-he can't eat spicy food?"

 

"Yes, oh dear. I'll just go to his room, alright."

 

Baekhyun feels so stupid. He would sometimes feed him his favorite spicy food. Just, ugh! He feels so guilty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyuuuunggg! What should I do?!"

 

"What, you're pregnant?"

 

"You're not helping! Chanyeol is sick because of me!"

 

"Well, I really can't blame him though. Your face alone looks like virus."

 

"Kyung, I swear to-

 

"Okay, okay. What happened?"

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun keeps on walking back and forth. He just came back to his unit, afraid of seeing Chanyeol.

 

He then hears a bell, opening, he saw Yura again. "Baek? I hope you aren't busy. I really have to go back, my daughter is waiting for me. Can you take care of Chanyeol?"

 

"Oh, yes of course. I can!"

 

Going back to Chanyeol's place, he sees him watching Baekhyun's favorite movie.

 

 

 

 

Iron Man

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeol?"

 

 

Chanyeol looks back at him. Baekhyun really feels so guilty. "Why didn't you tell me you can't eat spicy food?"

 

Chanyeol doesn't know what to answer.

 

 

What? 'I didn't, to impress you?' No, Idiot.

 

 

'I just want to like the things you like too?' Cheesy as , no.

 

 

'I want to try eating it sometimes.' Right. Genius Park Chanyeol.

 

 

"But still, you should've just told me." Baekhyun pouts. Damn. Stop pouting or I'll kiss you.

 

 

"I'm sorry" Baekhyun is already in tears, mouth quivering in fear.

 

 

No! Why is he crying?

 

"B-baek, hey!"

 

Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun tight telling him it's alright.

 

"Hey, it's not your fault." Chanyeol is afraid Baekhyun would hear his heart beating frantically.

 

 

Both cuddle until night unaware that they already fell asleep with that position.

 

 

 

 

The next day is awkward. Neither of the two dares to open up.

 

 

 

Baekhyun likes to end his office hours ahead. His focus is going nowhere but to his sick neighbor.

 

 

After all of the cheesy things they do, they never slept together with arms wrapped around each other.

 

Baekhyun can't take it anymore.

 

Packing up his things, he bids his goodbyes to his office mates. He just wants to look after Chanyeol.

 

 

 

"Yeol, are we okay? It seems like you are avoiding me?"

 

Even when it's awkward, Baekhyun still finds a way to talk to Chanyeol at least, but the latter would avoid him.

 

 

With a sigh Chanyeol asks something he knows would be risky for both of them.

 

"What are we?"

 

 

 

 

 

"Human?"

 

 

 

in' dumb.

 

 

 

 

Right. They are humans. Chanyeol shakes his head. Sometimes, he is just pissed by how Baekhyun can be so dumb sometimes.

 

 

"Baek, what kind of relationship is this? This, us? I'm so confused."

 

 

Baekhyun is nervous. Why does Chanyeol has to ask him that, when he as well doesn't know the answer?

 

 

"What do you feel about me?" Chanyeol tries his best not to act desperate.

 

 

"W-well, how do you see me?" Chanyeol is already close to losing his sanity. Baekhyun's silence scares him to hell.

 

 

"What about you, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun is expectant too.

 

"I like you. I really like you, Baek."

 

 

Liar

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol palms his face. No, this isn't what he meant.

 

"But with the time I spent with you, I feel like liking you isn't enough. I started falling in love with you even when I don't know where will this go."

 

"I love you, Baek and I just can't take this anymore seeing only you as my neighbor or friend or what? I don't even know what we really are."

 

 

"Then, you already have my answer, Yeol."

Baekhyun feels so happy hearing Chanyeol he loves him too.

 

 

 

 

"What?"

 

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

 

"The- Baek, I should be asking you that."

 

"Why are you so picky?"

 

Chanyeol laughs grabbing Baekhyun's hands and pulling him to a warm hug.

 

 

 

Literally warm hug. He still has fever.

 

"I love you too, Yeol."

 

"I love you more, Shortie." Baekhyun hits Chanyeol's chest while Chanyeol only smacks his lips.