I

After the shipwreck

            The expedition wasn't meant to end this way, not with half of the crew drown in the agitated sea and the other half shaking on the white sand of the lost island, drenched to the core and still in shock after the sudden storm that hit them earlier.

Gathering his common sense, the Prince stood up on his shivering legs and tried to reach one of his men who was giving a mouth-to-mouth to his comrade. The denominate Donghyuk suddenly gasped for some air and rolled to his side, coughing his lungs out helped by Yunhyeong smoothing his back. The two of them didn't seem to be hurt but their blue lips and clapping tooth talked for them. Jinhwan carefully squeezed their shoulders to show them he was back at his leader post before continuing his round and checking on the other survivors.

They boarded with fifteen men but only six or seven of them were standing by his sides now. Making an eye contact with each one of them, he nodded and slowly turned his back to the raging ocean, looking for the debris of their ship. The skeleton was laying, rended and destroyed against the sharp cliff, circled by what looked like the remains of their rations.

- What are we going to do now ..? asked the youngest, wrapped by one of his fellows' protective arms to stop him from shaking.

Jinhwan took his time to form an answer, not wanting to be too optimistic or too gloomy. He knew his words were their guidelines and one mistake, one mischoice could bring the discouragement of his crew. The weight on his frail shoulders was undeniably too heavy for the young prince, but he needed to stand straight on his position, if not for him, at least for them.

He regretted talking without thinking beforehand, saying that he could totally manage a shipment to the foreign country their King, his father, had signed a trade with. He'd been so naive and cocky. The blame was on him and him only, the lost goods and the lost lives.

- We have to light a fire before the sun goes down. Two of you are going to work on it. I need two good swimmers to check on what is left from the ship and the others are going with me. We need something to eat and a place to rest tonight.

The men all agreed in unison and quickly dispersed themselves to accomplish their tasks, seemingly too aware of the crisis state of their situation to protest.The Prince took in a deep breath and started to walk toward the trees followed by the rest of his equipage, right hand holding his sword's knob. 

Who knows what was waiting for them?

They've been walking for a few hours by now but the royal guard they were searching for was nowhere to be found. The storm was still raging on around them but the one in Jinhwan's head was way more devastating. What was he doing? They had no food and no water, except the one they were drenched in. What were the probabilities for them to find the castle without any landmarks in sight. That was it. They were lost in the no man's land, they'd die here and no one would ever find them. The leader was shivering, his muscles trembling all over. Was he shaking under stress or was the rain too cold for his petite frame? His vision was blurred and so were his thoughts. He never felt this tired and weak during an expedition but he didn't want to give rise to concern among the sailors. All of this was a consequence of his negligence; he couldn't let his equipage and friends down, therefore, he had to get his head straight. 

  Suddenly, a scream made him lose his train of thoughts.One of his men just fell into a trap. Jinhwan's heart started to throb inside his ribcage threatening to stop at any moment. 

- Don't move, everything's fine, we'll get you out, said the not-so-calm prince.

Donghyuk's frantic cries then echoed in the old-growth forest they were prisoners of.

- PIRATES! PIRATES! 

The prince's blood was rushing through his veins like waves crashing onto the shore. Everything was happening so fast yet he felt like he spent an eternity here. 

- JINHWAN RUN! WE'LL COVER YOU UP! 

- No. No need to panic they must've seen someone from the royal guard.They came to help us.

- Don't you think that Donghyuk is smart enough to distinguish a pirate from a guard...? 

Chanwoo was his best crewmember and his childhood best friend. He would always try to reason him under stressful circumstances but the leader had to save them. There was no time to be alarmed. 

- Listen, there were no other ships beside ours, right? Where would they come from? Don't worry just follo... 

- Oh no my dear, you'll go nowhere.Don't in try to move. 

The so-called pirates were already surrounding them, armed to the teeth. 

- So, who's your leader? 

- Nice way to introduce yourself but if you dare to touch any of them, I'll kill you. I'm the leader, by the way, Prince Kim JinHwan from... 

Without any warning, the prince felt the cold metal of a sharp sword under his chin. 

- Shut the up or you'll be the first one to die. 

- Don't touch him! 

The tall man who shouted those words came closer with firm steps. He had a penetrating gaze and Jinhwan had a feeling the latter could see right through him. He removed the sword off the older's skin gritting his teeth to fight the urge to kill his friend right away. He leaned closer to the small man in front of him. Inches away from his face, Jinhwan could feel his warm breath. Little did he know the words which would come from this lovely pinked mouth. 

- What a perfect creature...

The creature's body was now torn between the urge to throw up and the one to blush. 

The pirates' leader turned his back to address his crew with a dry and severe tone.

- Starting from now on , he's mine. If one of you ever dares to lay a hand on him, he'll be thrown into the sea and will serve as food for sharks. Hope it was clear enough. 

He smiled mischievously before giving his new property a wink. 

- You two will tie them up while bobby will guide our special guest to his special cell. It's time to have some fun. Send a message to his majesty. 

- No, I have nothing to do with this. I will not allow this to happen, when my dad will send help I guarantee...

His words were cut short by the corsair putting a finger on his bluish lips. 

- Shhh, don't worry princess I'll take care of you...

Against all expectations, the touch given wasn't rough nor harsh, rather soft and intimate to be honest, but the sudden contrast between his cold lips and the burning finger made him jolt. Of course, his reaction didn't miss to catch the pirates' leader hawk-like attention and he drew even closer with a smirk, lifting up the Prince's chin in a possessive gesture and brushing his plump thumb over the dry skin. If he leaned just a bit more ...

- Ooh, did I afraid you, sweetheart? My bad.

Jinhwan flinched at the nicknames used by the stranger to approach his royal person and let out a sarcastic laugh before snatching his head back from the other's grip.

The mocking tone added to the superior attitude, he could deal with it. His opponent's black orbs digging right into his flesh and his annoying handsome face, no, it was too much for him. Who did he think he was?

The Prince only knew the anger bubbling in his veins went overboard when he felt his knuckles crashing against a sharp cheekbone, producing an awfully weird cracking sound that everyone must have heard around them. The pain following the punch didn't take long to spread in his hand and along his arm, but the adrenaline now rushing in his blood helped to cope with it and he fiercely threw himself against the still baffled Captain.

Like in a slow motion, the forest known to be lush and vivid, usually filled with clatters and murmurs from various sources abruptly went silent and the men, little beings surrounded by the vast vegetation, seemed to stop all activities at this exact moment. 

The scene playing in front of everyone's eyes left them startled and unable to move a single muscle. Jinhwan, with his delicate and slim silhouette, was sitting on top of the pirate's chest in a totally dominant position, blocking the strong arms with his tighten legs and hands throttling a sensitive neck.

- You ain't going to open your filthy mouth again before a long time, honey.

No one dared to blink or even breathe.

The tension was at its paroxysm.

Among all the men, Chanwoo was the first one to react. Availing the floating state of the enemy keeping an eye on him, he hit him as hard as he could with his elbows and successfully sent him to kiss the ground. If he didn't know better, he would have feared killing the poor man, but theory had taught him how to knock out a person with only a severe commotion and he was thankful practice worked as expected. The ones surrounding the youngest then turned their heads in his direction when they heard the thud made by the lifeless body falling and suddenly came back to reality. Following the example, Donghyuk lowered on his legs and kicked the pirate in front of him. Thanks to a small amount of luck, he got him surprised enough to have the time to rush to Chanwoo's sides and help him with the numerous capris.

Bobby, on the other hand, was fighting between the need to guide their fellows to repress the little rebellion and the urge to help their Captain. Somehow, his quick-witted mind came up with a brilliant idea and he took out his dagger.

They were doing good beating back the attackers, but despite all their efforts, Jinhwan's equipage had to admit the outnumbering was too important for them to catch up.

When they were finally about to free all their comrades, a pained gasp followed by a husky voice stole their attention.

- If I were you, I'd stop all movements right now.

The Second was standing straight in front of them, expression unreadable. If one's stare could kill, it was certainly this one. Chanwoo's heart skipped a beat when he understood the situation. Jinhwan was laying half unconscious at Bobby's feet, hands tied and coughing. His right eye was seemingly swollen and bottom lip split.

It was the moment the pirates' Captain chose to get up and with a hoarse voice, ordered.

- Get your in job done or you're all dead.

He then reached Bobby and thanked him with a punch in the abdomen, half smiling bitterly. His man didn't see it coming and bent under the shock.

- And I said no one had the right to touch him, even you. You're lucky I kinda like you and need you. Now gather yourself and lead him to my cell.

He then turned his attention to the small lump at his feet. Jinhwan's white shirt and dark pants were covered in mud and dirt, without talking about his jet black hair. Gross. Squatting down, he tilted his head to the side.

- I like them stubborn, but this one is really something. Filthy mouth uh?

Then, to his crew.

- Prepare the ship and be ready to leave in fifteen minutes. We're kidnapping the King's precious heir.