Though I Loved You

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 27 - Though I Loved You

 

"Sometimes I will shed tears longing for you
Sometimes my heart will ache with loneliness
Though I loved you 
I was just only able to look at you from afar
Unable to come close"

- Though I loved You Lyrics

 

 

Two men were inside a black Audi with heavily tinted windows while driving through the streets of Seoul. On the wheel was a man with a stern expression, and to his side in the passenger’s seat was a fair-skinned man who had his arms and legs crossed while looking out the window. Tension and silence filled the air, and the only noise would be the loud bang of the taller man on the horn when another car had swerved in front of them.

Several minutes had gone by like that without the two saying anything even though it seemed like many thoughts were running in their heads. After a while, they arrived at the taller man’s house and the car was driven inside the garage. As soon as the car was parked, the fair-skinned man burst out and went to the house door.

Yunho sighed in distress as he went out of his car and followed Jaejoong who hastily unlocked the door, went inside the house and removed his shoes, throwing each of them to the floor with a loud thud.

The smaller man then went straight to one of the rooms while Yunho first went to the kitchen to get a glass of water to drink. He was managing his frustration and heaving deeply.

It’s a silly thing to fight about, but they fought about it. The second week of April, a picture of Yunho with a girl, who Jaejoong was not familiar with, crept in the internet. It happened when Yunho was on vacation and while Jaejoong was in the army. Two days after, thinking it was just fair, Jaejoong had a selca with a girl while in the military. And seeing how unusually intimate they sat together, the netizens immediately speculated it was his girlfriend. Well, of course, that started the fight.

“Who was that girl?” Yunho asked while driving. He had picked up Jaejoong who was on army-break and they were on their way to his house.

“What girl?” Jaejoong asked while scrolling on his phone in the passenger seat.

Yunho paused a bit because Jaejoong was acting as if he didn’t know what Yunho’s talking about. “The one with you in the army. I saw the picture. Was she on your lap?”

“Ahhh that… She wasn’t. You’ve met her before I’m sure,” Jae said casually.

“I haven’t,” the other man disagreed and he’s sure about it. He never forgets a face once he’s seen them, especially ones who could get that close to his captivating beloved.

Jaejoong responded with an ‘ah really’ while still on his cellphone.

Yunho was about to let it go when he heard Jae add, “What about it? You were with a girl yourself last week.”

So the fault was being passed to him now. Yunho while steering the wheel and watching the road then said, “Forget it. I shouldn’t have asked.” He sighed.

Now Jae looked at him. “What do you mean by that?” It’s like Yunho was saying he was being unreasonable and that this issue didn't justify the need for an explanation.

And it started from then - Yunho explaining and Jaejoong listening but he was already upset. Over the years, it’s like the more time he could spend with Yunho, the more he is easily affected by things happening when they’re apart. So the tension inside that small car kept building, and the two who sat by each other felt as if a wall was suddenly put up between them.

 

In the house, Yunho had finished with his glass of water and put it on the kitchen counter. He then went to the room Jaejoong was in to try and make up with him.

Jaejoong was sitting on the bed deep in thoughts. Yunho sat beside him and put his arm around him, caressing his shoulder. “Jaejoong... She is just an acquaintance. Not even a close friend…”

“You were with Boa.” Jaejoong told him in a straight tone, and stood up, removing himself from Yunho’s embrace. He’s now accusing Yunho of a different issue - a picture of Yunho with Boa just a few weeks ago. This time, Yunho couldn’t pass it off as ‘not even a close friend.’

"Boa??" Yunho was dumbfounded. They've had many fights about Boa and he didn't want another quarrel on this. "She only went for a short visit."

"She's in love with you! Yet you keep leading her on! Treated her to lunch? Yundollie??" Jaejoong scolded him who seemed oblivious to all this. 

Yunho didn't know what to reply to that but he believed he did nothing wrong. To appease his lover he then said, "I told her about us, Jaejoong."

"Told her what?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter