Trapped

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 24 – Trapped

 

JAP Mag Arena37 Interview with DBSK (2007)

Q:  Who will you choose if you go to an uninhabited island with one member?

Yunho: Jaejoong cause he’s good in cooking and he’ll cook for me.

 

 

 

On January 13, 2016, Kwon BoA without any notice or promotional endeavors, released a single called Make Me Complete. It was done through her Japanese agency and interestingly, the lyrics was in full english.

On March 23, she visited a certain Jung Yunho in Gyeryong, and he had known about the peculiar single, especially to whom it was meant for.

In full military outfit, Jung Yunho walked outside the camp with the cheerful visitor by his side.

"So when is your next vacation?" Boa asked in the middle of their stroll.

The military man kept walking and replied, "I'm not sure yet."

"Are you sure you just don't want to tell me?" She said teasingly.

Yunho just chuckled at that. "Why would I do that?"

"Because your mind is on someone else."

 

Her friend just kept the smile on his face. "What do you mean Boa? Haha. If I get a leave I'll treat you, huh. How 'bout that? If you are even free to see me."

"Then let's go right now!" She held onto Yunho's arms and pulled him. "Yundollie's treat!!"

 

That morning, they went to a shop nearby the military base and sat around on one of the tables.

Yunho was laughing softly. "I have little cash, but I am treating you okay? I'm sorry I can only feed you this." He said and was a bit uncomfortable that with what he earns in the army, he could only treat Boa at a small restaurant.

"I don't mind! You can treat me again when you're out. You're rich anyway!" She laughed before going near her friend, “Why don’t we have a picture!” With her phone, she took a selca of the two of them.

Once again, they talked about how they were doing, and about their ongoing projects when Boa suddenly mentioned Jaejoong.

"I really love this." She pressed her phone’s screen and began to play the teaser of Jaejoong’s new album, showing it to her friend. “I admire his willpower. He was able to release an album while in the military. That’s smart.” She said and thought that for such a small company to produce this kind of album, much of the work was surely done by the artist himself. But as the music was playing, she witnessed a lot of different emotions go through Yunho. Fright? Happiness? Pride? She couldn't tell, but for sure there was a sparkle in his eyes, and it pierced her.

"It was in time for your birthday, don't you think so?" She chuckled and even recalled the teaser title, “’Love You More’. How sweet,” she remarked.

Yunho was stunned. Boa was truly trying to pry the words out of him. She was filling him with guilt that he had to keep being untruthful to a long-time friend who had been nothing but supportive of him... That album release was indeed for him, planned by Jaejoong as his return gift for the album Yunho dedicated to him.

“I'm sure you have figured by now...” Yunho spoke and looked at Boa seriously. He wasn’t sure if he was doing the right thing, but... he has hidden behind too many pretenses for too many years... and he had decided it’s been long enough. “Jaejoong and I...”

Boa looked at him who seemed to be struggling with his words. She was anxious and piqued to know what he wanted to say.

“We're together," he finally said and it was as if Boa didn’t hear it right. For years, the idea of the two of her closest male mates being romantically involved was so true to her that it nailed a thorn in her heart. But hearing it from Yunho’s own voice was surreal. The words echoed in her head while she was left staring at the man in front of him.

"…Why are you telling me this?" She asked Yunho. She wanted to catch them all this time, but Yunho had always managed to slip out of her tricks. Yunho desperately protected his secret since Boa was connected to many, if not all, of the ones in power in SM. More than that, he also knew she pined for him ever since. And knew the bitterness she had towards Jaejoong who had left and created a great rift, not only in her, but also in the industry. How could Yunho admit this so casually now as if belittling her feelings? Does he want her to start a rampage in SM against JYJ? The ferocity of her emotions came surging and rumbled through her heart up to her head. Until Yunho said,

 

“Because I trust you.”

 

Swiftly, that shot Boa in the hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter