The Sting

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 19 - The Sting

 

"A real man should show his faith in actions rather than in words."

- Jung Yunho

 

 

Life in the army was hard for Jung Yunho, but he couldn’t show any sign of weakness or hardship. His other half received the honor of being the Top Recruit. He couldn’t be less than that. It’s a matter of pride, moreso, it’s a matter of maintaining the spot of the only man in Jaejoong’s eyes.

In a week is their Basic Training ceremony and he was running for Top Recruit. Many advantages could be gotten out of this. For example, Yunho heard that Kim Jaejoong from the 55th Infantry Division was at the army headquarters today. Coincidentally, there was a document from his superior that needed to be taken to the headquarters. Yunho volunteered himself to deliver that document, and him running for top recruit, his superiors could rely on him with confidence.

He went to the head quarters and delivered the document to the recipient. But how could he find Jaejoong in the whole of that place? There was one huge common area there that served as a lobby. And in that area was a hallway connected to the only entrance in that building. Yunho decided to wait there even if he was unsure that the one he’s waiting for would come.

After 2 hours, his waiting bore. He saw the light-skinned Jaejoong come in. He was talking with another soldier who thankfully, left soon enough. 

Yunho followed and trailed behind the shorter man.

“Sir!” He called Jaejoong, following the custom of respecting those higher in rank than you. 

Jaejoong was about to respond, but once he turned around, his whole face changed its expression and he became speechless.

“Hi,” he was greeted by Yunho's smile. 

“Yunho…”

Jaejoong’s eyes became watery. He never imagined this to happen today, and he did his best to contain himself and not cry or hug the other man. “Why are you here?” He smiled back. 

Yunho went beside Jaejoong and they both started to walk again so as to not cause a scene in the area. “I delivered a report,” he said. 

“So it’s done? Then you’re on your way back?” Jaejoong asked, a bit disheartened.

“Yes but, I made sure to see you first.” Yunho looked at him with his gentle eyes. “I heard you were here today.”

Jaejoong faced down and smiled. Yunho did fulfill his promise. It made Jaejoong so happy. He looked up at Yunho with a smile.

Yunho accompanied Jaejoong to his itinerary before going back. Just by being in each other’s presence even in that short walk, their hearts have been uplifted by seeing each other look well, and by receiving gazes from each other that were full of love and joy.

 

 

August 27 came. It's Yunho’s basic training ceremony. He was awarded Top Recruit, same as what Jaejoong got 4 months before. He had met with his family and was meeting some friends and fans in the outer boundary of the venue.

Jaejoong wanted to return the favor of Yunho’s surprise, so he found a way to go to the ceremony even if only for a short time. He knew there was a tent within area where families and friends could gather, and he decided to go there after the whole event was over. Hopefully, he could have some private time with Yunho.

It was almost 4pm when Yunho finished talking with everyone outside. He was going back inside and he would pass by the tent for his guests. No one should be there by now, but he saw a soldier standing inside. He didn’t give it much thought at first but when he looked aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter