Infiltrating JYJ

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 11 - Infiltrating JYJ

 

"Youngwoon's (Jaejoong's) voice is the one that ties all our voices into a harmonious cord. His voice and himself is very crucial to our group."

- Xiah Junsu, pre-split

 

“Not only two years, but even until twenty, two hundred, two thousand years… we always have to be together.”

- Micky Yoochun, pre-split

 

 

Discipline is one of the skills mastered by Jung Yunho, but this is only effective over what he governs - himself. Let's not forget that he is only one half of a whole, and the other half is out there, ungoverned and unable to be controlled.

The hardest part would be when his friends or fans would randomly share to him tweets of Jaejoong saying or implying how lonely he was. They didn't know how it absolutely wrecked Yunho. As December came, it became much worse. It’s as if the universe connected them through signals only they could feel. Jaejoong was lonely and Yunho knew that exact loneliness. It's frightening, sorrowful, and one that chips at you day by day. Yunho had it buried under layers and layers of walls for him to go on his days properly. And he couldn’t bear thinking that Jaejoong was experiencing such a painful thing.

Being close to losing his mind, he decided to call Jaejoong after contemplating and staring at his phone for days. He dialled his number while doubts were still running in his head. “Should I be doing this?” He asked himself and put the phone to his ear. “Please…”

‘riiing’

‘riiing’

‘riiing’

'riiing'

-beep beep beep-

No one answered. Yunho stared at the phone screen before accepting that fact. “…Of course, he wouldn’t answer.”

He tried again several times over the next days hoping that the other man would pick up. Until one day, he got this voice message,

“You are not authorized by your account holder to call this number."

“What?” Yunho was puzzled. He tried calling again, but the same message was said.

“You are not authorized by your account holder to call this number.”

Yunho looked at his phone to slowly realize that Jaejoong had blocked his number.

What was he trying to achieve with talking to Jaejoong anyway? He couldn't put his finger on it. Somehow, over the years they've known each other, he subconsciously took on the responsibility of keeping Jaejoong happy. But once again, he had put that bright, warm, funny person in despair. So, Yunho had accepted that it is just right that he deserved this treatment.

 

 

 

In a restaurant of a hotel, Yoochun, Junsu and Jaejoong were having lunch together. It’s December 26, DBSK’s anniversary, and they decided to meet and eat out even for a brief time. Alhough they're not part of that group from SM anymore, they still relate the date with the brotherhood that they have and the path they chose to take together. That day is written in history as their debut anniversary and the one that jump started everything. No one, no matter how powerful, can take that away.

Sitting beside Yoochun was Jaejoong who just came from a meeting with Moldir Staff. They’re planning to release new items once new year comes, and he brought some of them for s.

“These will be in next year’s collection… I had them made in advance,” the fair-skinned man said with a loving smile as he gave Junsu a phone cover and Yoochun a new wallet. Jaejoong always had a sleek and edgy style, so the two younger men were appreciative and thanked their hyung for the gift.

A little while after, Yoochun lets Jaejoong listen to a song he wrote recently.

“Here,” he said and gave Jaejoong the other ear of his earphones. The song was still half complete with only the lyrics and a melody. Usually with these they could already think of how the outcome would sound and feel like. Little by little they could add a harmony of their voices, and see what blend of instrumentals would suit it best. Yoochun, being always in touch with his emotions, loved writing music and has composed over a hundred songs. Many were half complete, and most, like this, were written while drinking.

Junsu took off his phone cover to try on the new one his hyung gave him. Exactly right after he snapped the cover on, his phone started to ring. He looked at the screen.

"Oh... Yunho-hyung.." He said aloud.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter