The Punk Son

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10 – The Punk Son

 

In ‘Our Neighborhood’s Master of Variety and Sports’ (2013.05.29), Changmin’s team lost so many times. Seemingly out of character, our TVXQ’s maknae cried and said, “I feel like I’ve been nothing but a burden to everyone else.”

 

 

Yunho was kept busy by the amount of his activities. He had concerts, photoshoots and radio shows. During this time, even though he tried to forget it, he kept recalling his fight with Jaejoong. The other man looked so angry, and he looked so hurt. His eyes and nose were red from crying. The image haunted Yunho and often kept him awake at night. How could he have hurt this precious person this much? All he wanted was to keep everyone safe.

He let weeks pass by, holding that thorn in his heart. Changmin looked on as his hyung would eat and sleep less, and drown himself in work. It’s like going back to the past.

“Hyung, you gotta eat something…” He told Yunho one day, when he noticed the older man hadn’t eating anything since the morning. But Yunho wouldn’t listen. He would go meet everyone with a smile he forcefully wore. In interviews, in shows, Changmin thought Yunho looked so… empty, like a machine going through the days, but there was nothing he could have done.

 

 

Around the end of November, TVXQ had almost a week of vacation. Yunho found it to be the perfect time to visit Taepoong, his Siberian Husky who he hadn't seen for a while. Whenever they had long periods of being away for work, he would leave him with a trusted friend.

Yunho who was excited to see his husky, shouted "Taepoong! Taepoong!" to his dog that was lying down in the living room. Yunho was squatting across him while his friend was standing nearby watching them.

The black furry dog just glanced at Yunho and didn't move at all.

"He's like that recently. Most of the time he likes to sleep." His friend said before tapping Yunho on the back. "I'm getting a smoke, ah. Be right back," he said before going out of the house.

Yunho continued to call Taepoong, and clicked his tongue at him. This worked usually, but Taepoong still just glanced at him before looking away, ignoring Yunho.

"Hey why are you like that, huh?" Yunho said before standing up and going to his dog to hug him. He rubbed his dog's fur and took his dog's head to face him. "Kiss, Kiss." He said.  But Taepoong moved his head away.

Dismayed, Yunho let him go and sighed. He then started to become slightly melancholic. "Do you hate me too?" he asked Taepoong.

Taepoong was completely silent.

"Are you sulking because I sent you away?" He kept questioning his dog as if he would answer. "You know I won't be able to look after you properly... I want you to live freely and happily. Staying with me won't be good for you." He explained earnestly. But it's like someone else was on his mind. 

Taepoong just scoffed through his nose at him.

"Aiii...” Yunho sighed before sitting down beside Taepoong and crossing his arms. Why is he  like this? "You're really his son! You're just like him."

That moment, he recalled a face that was lingering in his mind - A sulky...  teary eyed...  red-nosed Jaejoong.

He caressed the fur of Taepoong as he reminisced how Jaejoong got him as a puppy for his 21st birthday. The sight of this happy, fair-skinned man carrying this beautiful fluffy creature in his arms gave him unparalleled joy.

Taepoong is...  Yunho's son.

Yunho put his hand on Taepoong and kissed him on the head. "I love you." He said.

He said it so tenderly as if it was meant for someone too.

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong was in Myeongdong and just met with some of his good friends. It’s around 9 pm and he’s gone to this low-key café in the middle of the city to meet with another friend. Wearing a coat and a beanie, JYJ’s leader entered the coffee shop casually.

The first thing he noticed was someone who was wearing a jacket and a scarf, raised his hand and looked at him. He lit up and went towards that person who stood to greet him.

“Changmin-ah!” He hugged the taller man while smiling and laughing softly. “It’s good to see you.”

“You too, hyung,” Changmin said and they both took their seats.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter