Homerunning

Shortcut

A/N I am sorry for the belated post for WenRene day. We were hoeing for wenrene in the gc so I really forgot about it until I scroll up in insta. For this guilt I upload one drabble I made late in my notebook and publish it here :) Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

P.s I worked hard for the other updates but distraction nature in me and the stuck has no chill. Thank you for bearing with it guys.

Till next time, 

GoDna.


 

Irene knew she shouldn't have come. She didn't know a about baseball. She came anyway, just because Wendy said that she should come. The fire in Wendy's eyes tells that how she is excited for this match. What are their group names again? SM snake vs JYPhyton? If she remembered it correctly, not like she care about it much because Wendy really like baseball.

 

She tried to watch it once or twice to understand it but most of the time they are just running, which Irene could never do in her old bones but oh well, let's not get to that.

 

She totally don't care about how Wendy says how she adored the pitcher. She also don't give a on how Wendy is so excited and sat so close with the bear who would bring her squishy to watch the match with her. The point is, both the 94 liner got too excited. One has forgotten her unnie is beside her while the other has forgotten her girlfriend is beside her.

 

Irene can see her girlfriend Eunae is a quiet and polite girl when she spotted Eunae holding Seulgi's hand without letting it go. She seemed trying hard to understand what the players are doing while listening tentatively to what Wendy and Seulgi's heated discussion.

 

Irene watched in boredom as she munched on the curry balls and tteokbokki. Did she mention that Yeri's recipe was really brilliant because the curry spicy tteokbokki fishball is amazing despite the bitterness and saltiness in . Perhaps she should try to add beef stew in it next time.

 

On second thought, it's weird, maybe she shouldn't. How about beef stew ramen in seaweed soup then? She's sure the shikshin line would be glad to try it out for her.

 

Irene was having another bite of the fishball when the runner was able to run a full round before the ball was passed back to the defensive team. "Unnie! Did you saw that?!" Wendy who was too excited wanted to grab Irene's arm but instead she took the arm with too much force and the older was startled and not able to make quick response to balance the bowl and results in, spilled curry on Irene's white top.

 

Both of them stunned for a few second before they can register what has happened. When Wendy finally come back to her sense she quickly take out a napkin and help to clean the mess on Irene's shirt.

 

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry unnie!" In a haste Wendy could only focused on the stained part.

 

Seulgi who was sitting beside almost cough out the water she was drinking when she saw the place Wendy was cleaning. She looked at Irene, now with a very red face, and red ears, seemed to be very embarrassed with the situation but she is too smitten to do anything about it.

 

"Erm..." Seulgi took her arms, stopping Wendy from continuing to get her hands on Irene. "I think you should just bring her to the restroom." she whispered to Wendy awkwardly.

 

Wendy was confused when Seulgi grabbed her but she understood immediately when she saw the red blushes on Irene's face and the position of the stains. "Oh gosh." she muttered.

 

-

 

Irene walked out the restroom with a new fresh baseball fan v neck tee on her. She refused at first when Wendy proposed to buy it for her and Wendy looked at her like a kicked puppy who has angered her master. At the end Irene agreed to it as she cannot stand the curry smell whenever she inhaled, mostly importantly she cannot keep her stance when it comes to Wendy and her chubby cheek and her puppy eyes and her , ehem, a bit out of topic here *coughs*. She promised to wash the clothes and give back to Wendy so the problem solved.

 

The younger kept on apologizing on their way back despite Irene said that it's nothing. Irene had to drag her and walk fast so that the hamster has no time to mumble her apology.

 

They gone back to see Seulgi eating her girlfriend out. She mean her girlfriend's tongue. Ew still sounds gross, she can't say it's a kiss because Seulgi really look like she is eating something. Irene can't stand the brightness well thus she half shouted at the bear.

 

"Que the for godsake Seulgi this is public, can you at least get a room?!" Seulgi ignored her and pointed at a direction towards the field.

 

Oh.

 

Irene seen that before. It's called a kiss cam she think. She can still remembered when the maknae tell her about the cam, she totally cannot understand the concept of kissing people out of nowhere because the camera points on you.

 

The camera seem to found their new target, assuming Irene's visual is very mesmerizing, Irene eyes almost bulged out when she sees herself and Wendy are on the screen. She can heard the happy/sarcastic laugh from Seulgi and the yell she gave and make people to cheer. "Kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss...."

 

Her face blushes again, but relieved a little when she saw Wendy has a redder one. The latter was looking at the ground and playing with her the tip of her button up shirt.

 

Irene thinks this may be a good timing to give the clueless hamster a hint about her feeling towards her.

 

Thus she take Wendy's face in her hand, slowly closes in as she kissed on Wendy's lips. It was soft, softer than her . Perhaps she should come to the match indeed.