11:59 - Let's Dance for Eternity

Description

Hakyeon embraces the darkness of the night while he awaits his dance partner to join him in their nightly rendezvous between the human and spiritual realm.

(A/N: The story is only one short chapter long. Happy Halloween!) 

Foreword

11:59

Hakyeon's footsteps echoed throughout the large hall, eerily enveloped by unceasing darkness and unsettling silence. Dim moonlight peeked through the windows, subtly illuminating the dance floor, but he could not care less about vision. In here, he knew the space - every nook and cranny - like the back of his hand. Navigation in the dark was the very thing he desired, for the ballroom to which he belonged would embrace his graceful steps without complaint.

 

He closed his eyes and began moving. The music was in his head. All he needed was to await the presence that would join him like she always did. He sensed that she had been there all along, never once leaving what they had called their dance floor. Their steps never ceased to complement each other, and they always found comfort in each other's presence, despite the very realm of reality that separated the two. To Hakyeon, it was not about seeing her again, but feeling the warmth of her fingers or the arch of her back as they twirled around each other, to music that only they both knew.

 

It did not take long for her presence to envelop the ballroom, her breathing and radiance seemingly never gone. Hakyeon could sense her soft, gentle steps as they synchronised to the same music inside the silent hall. All her movements felt so real and dear - it was just like before. He was in a trance, enchanted by the magic that still persisted between them, feeling with every ounce of his soul the presence that he had been longing for. 

 

His senses no longer mattered - it did not matter if the hall was silent, or if the cold floor pressed harshly against his feet; it did not matter if his eyes were closed, or if he could taste the chilly air that had settled around them. The ghastly presence that would dance together with him in the darkest hours of the night was the only thing he desired, and he told himself that he would never again let her go. They would never stop dancing if it meant she would no longer be by his side, and Hakyeon wished the night went on for eternity. Immersing himself in such a spiritual activity would never tire his human limbs - he knew he would not, ever, stop dancing.

 

Loud chimes from the hallway interrupted their short meeting as Hakyeon felt her fingers slowly slip away from his. He heard a silent scream of agony, but it did not matter whether it was hers or his.