Chapter 03

For Better or For Worse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark met up his old friends, Jinyoung and Jackson. The others were out of country, on business. While enjoying coffee, the topic of Miyoung and Jaebum came up.

 

“Have you visited them?” Jinyoung asked.

 

Mark shook his head. “I stopped by a few days ago, but they were away on a trip.”

 

“They should be back sometime this evening.” Jackson said. “Jaebum texted me.”

==========================================================================================================================

Jackson, Jinyoung, and Mark arrived to Jaebum’s house later that evening. The maid let them in and chilled in the study room. Jaebum happily welcomed his friends. After the hugs and greeting, they took a seat.

 

“Where is Miyoung?” Jackson asked.

 

“She is on her way from the doctor.”

 

“Is she sick?” Jackson worriedly asked.

 

Jaebum shook his head. “Just some check up.”

 

“Master, Madam is home.” The maid came in to say.

 

Miyoung, not realizing that Jaebum had guest, walked in on the guys.

 

Jackson and Jinyoung was happy to see her. Jackson made a comment of how she was glowing and seem to pack on some weight since the last

he saw of her. At this point, she was three months pregnant. Although she didn’t show much, her morning sickness symptoms kicked in.The guys each had a glass of wine and when Jackson offered Miyoung one, she refused.

 

“Ey, come on Noona.” Jackson said. “One glass?”

 

Jaebum took the glass from him. “She isn’t feeling well. Don’t make her drink.”

 

“Ohh~” Jackson teasingly said. “But you just said she wasn’t sick.”

 

Miyoung looked over at Jaebum and then at the guys. “I’m not sick. Just not in the mood to drink.”

 

The maid brought in a health tonic for Miyoung to drink. Mrs. Im had instructed that Miyoung were to only eat and drink healthy stuff for the baby.

Miyoung looked at the tonic in disgust then to Jaebum. Jaebum gave her a shrug. She sighed, picked up the tonic, and slowly drank it. She thanked the maid when the maid left with the empty bowl.

 

“What was that?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Some health crap.” Miyoung childishly said. “I dislike drinking it. I have to drink it twice a day --- one in the morning, one in the evening. Ick”

 

She looked over at Mark. Unsure if she should be happy or sad at his return.

 

“How have you been?” She asked him.

 

“Pretty good.” Mark smiled at her.

==========================================================================================================================

Two months has gone by; if Jaebum wasn’t at the company then he was at home with Miyoung. The two rarely go out now. She was starting to show, and there is no way they can keep it hidden from their friends. Jackson had invited everyone over for lunch one weekend.

 

Jinyoung shook his head at Jackson. “You made all these food?”

 

“What? Don’t think I wasn’t able to?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter