So Nyuh Shi Dae

Lee Soo Man High

I had never gotten nervous for the first day of school before, but then again I had never switched school districts either. Now I had to find a way to make completely new friends and start over. The starting over part wasn't as nerve racking for me though. Fresh starts had always been what I liked about new school years and soon I would get a new beginning to the extreme. All sorts of thoughts about the school year rushed through my head as I rid the taxi on the way to school. I internally laughed at my physical anxiousness, my palms were sweating as I balled my fingers up in fists then straightened them. Repeating the process over again, I looked outside the window to find that I was nearing my new school. When the taxi came to a stop, I payed the driver with the money my parents gave me for this occasion. I proceeded to get out of the taxi, lugging my heavy backpack onto my back and walking in long paces to get to the entrance. Across the courtyard I noticed a group girls fawning over a boy sitting on a bench only a few feet away. They talked in not so hushed tones with their hands clasped in their hearts. The boy had pretty hair and as he moved into a different position on his seat, I noticed that his face was even prettier than his hair. He had round, doe-like eyes that were moving back and forth pretending to be oblivious to the clique of girls standing near. This scene amused me greatly, setting a new found lively pace as I continued to walk toward the school. It was the biggest school I had ever seen, including universities. I felt dizzy thinking about all the classes I would have to go to that were scattered around the hundreds of hallways. I made my way to my first class. Classes were ok, teachers were nice, and a pretty girl named Jinri offered me a seat at lunch with some of her friends. She seemed genuine so I accepted the invitation, and it's not like a had a place to sit anyway. I was glad that I had saved myself the awkwardness of sitting at the end of a table as far away as possible from anyone. As I sat with the Jinri and her friends, a rather large group of girls walk up to wear Jinri's table. There was probably about 9 of them total. "Hey Krys! Says one girl near the front with a quite obvious resemblance to Krystal, one of the girls I was sitting with. I figured it was Krystal's older sister she had mention a few minutes before, whose name is Jessica. "Hey," Krystal responded quietly. After a few awkward seconds of the girls just standing there, I realized that every single one of them had their eyes fixated on me. I looked at them in confusion, and subtlety attempted to take nonexistent food off of my face, believing that's why they were staring at me. They gave their last radiating smiles and left. I frowned "That was a little strange." Krystal rolled her eyes. "SNSD, the most rich and popular girls in school." Sulli sighed and glanced over at the girls as they were talking to some boys at the other side of the cafeteria. "SNSD?" I asked, still significantly confused. "So Nyu Shi Dae." Explained Krystal. "Say, your in 3rd year right?" Asked Luna. Another girl at the table. I nodded then she continued. "You'll just have to endure them, so good luck with that." "They aren't that bad," assured Sulli, "Until you get to know them." We giggled at her statement and Krystal said "Sulli would know all about that." I looked at Sulli and she turned to face me. "Last year, when I was a 1st year, I was to be friends with SNSD, in their clique I guess. But I had a a feeling that not everyone liked me much." Sulli explained. I stared at her, thinking about what could possibly be unlikable about Sulli. "When my dad went on a stabatical," Sulli continued, "I had to leave for a few months. When I came back, they made it clear I was no longer welcome. Tiffany and Taeyeon still talk to me occasionally, when their other friends aren't there of course." "Oh" I said, "It's sad that they just left you like that." Sulli nods and we all continue to eat lunch.