jaebum

to her | jimin park (15&) drabbles and oneshots

as long as jimin has been in jyp entertainment, she had always been close with the jaebum. somewhere along the lines of their friendship, they develop the habit of talking with one another each night. no matter how late, how tired, or how busy, they always made time for one another.

 

however, while to jaebum it may have been two friends talking to one another, jimin saw it as just a chance to speak with him and marvel in the sound of his voice. jimin’s secret was that liked jaebum, but she kept that information from him in fear of  rejection.

 

like any other day, the two were speaking. however jimin had just released her album 19 to 20 earlier in the day and wanted to hear jaebum’s opinions. he began the conversation by congratulating her on her first solo album. she thanked him, and then expectantly with a small grin on her face she asked, “what song off the album did you like the most?”

 

her stomach bubbled in excitement as there was a silence.

 

“i liked ‘to him’ it was very nice.”

 

her smile dropped, and she felt her hand weakened as if she would drop her phone.

 

out of all the songs, why did it have to be that song?

 

the song  she wrote for jaebum.

 

“is that so?” she stops for a moment trying to calm herself. “i think that my manager is calling for me. thanks for talking with me.”

 

three days went by and no one heard from jimin. she hadn’t even left her apartment once. a yeon tried her best at getting her to leave.

 

"jimin please get out of bed. i know you are sad but you couldn’t have predicted what would happen.” ayeon says as she holds onto jimin’s hands.

 

“but ayeon, the thing is i knew this would happen.” she bites her lips and began to pout. “how would jaebum like someone like me? i just didn’t think that it would hurt this much.”

 

ayeon widens her eyes and sits onto the bed before pulling the younger girl into a hug as her tears began to fall.

 

jaebum lied on his bed after a shower feeling drained from a day of  promotions. he felt like something was missing. jimin hadn’t called him in a while.  he believed that she must be busy with the release of her new album. he shrugged his shoulders before pulling out a book to begin reading.

 

after reading a few pages, jaebum noticed some footsteps. he looked up to see jinyoung enter to which he raised his eyebrow. he placed the book down and straightened  himself against his bed.

 

without hesitation, jinyoung said to jaebum, “i think you should stop playing with jimin’s emotions and giving her mixed signals. hell you give me mixed signals. i can't tell if you are serious or not about her.”

 

“what do you mean?” jaebum asked the curiosity on his face replaced by confusion.

 

“have you even listened to jimin’s new songs?”

 

“no, but i’ll get to it.” jaebum stated.  having been busy with promotions,  he hadn’t had the time to listen to the songs on jimin’s album, yet he didn't want to hurt her feelings. when she had asked him,  he had pulled up the tracklist on his phone and chose a random song.

 

“i suggest you listen to her album right now,” sighed jinyoung.

 

after jinyoung left his room, jaebum pulled out his phone and searched for said song. he put on his headphones and the song started playing. before the song finished, he ran out of the door of their dorm not even bothering to wear shoes as he still was wearing his house slippers.

 

he found himself running all the way to her apartment, his heart and mind racing. when he got to her door, he knocked. after a few moments, the sound of the lock clicked as the door opened revealing a surprised jimin. despite her wide eyes, jaebum could see how red and puffy they were.

 

he reached up and gently grazed her eyes, but jimin pushed his arm away. she tried to pull her arm out of his grip, but he remained firm.

 

“i’m sorry. i didn’t mean it when i said my favorite song was to him. i didn’t listen to song yet. but i didn't want to hurt your feels. i didn't realise that by saying that i hurt you even more.”

 

“oppa it's fine. you don't have that much time in your schedule to listen to my music.” jimin brushed off his comment.  

 

“no, you don’t understand,”  started jaebum still not removing his gaze from her. “i want to give you my answer.”

 

she looked up at him confused. opening to speak, jimin was taken aback as jaebum leaned forward placing his lips against her.