jae

to her | jimin park (15&) drabbles and oneshots

“are you excited?” ayeon asked placing her hands on jimin’s shoulders as the latter stared into her brightly lit vanity. jimin blinked and then proceeded to snort.

 

“excited? why would i be excited? it’s just jae.” the younger girl looked inquisitively at her friend waiting for an answer.

 

giddy, ayeon stood up and pulled jimin up with her. “that’s exactly why! it’s just jae. no day6. no got7. not other jyp artists. no other people in general. just the two of you going to dinner and a movie.” ayeon paused clasping her hands together and squealed, “a picture-perfect first date!”

 

“for the hundredth time, it’s not a date! you do realize that we are just watching a movie that he asked me to go with him like months ago. dinner is just because we’ll be hungry after the movie. don't overthink it,” jimin finished blowing her bangs out of her face.

 

“whatever you say,” ayeon began with a growing smile, “i just think its funny how you are dressed so nice just to watch a movie with a friend.”

 

“are you saying i can’t just look nice to look nice?” jimin pouted. before she could say more, her phone went off. she looked down. assuming it was jae, ayeon egged jimin to answer the phone call. jimin put her index finger to and motioned for ayeon to quiet down.

 

“yerin! i haven't heard from you in forever ... yes, i’ve miss you too ...  were you planning on wanting to meet up tonight? sorry, but i already have plans tonight ... oh wait you didn’t want up with me ... you just wanted to wish me good luck on my date. oh well thanks then,” jimin said looking to her right where ayeon looked at her with a knowing grin.

 

jimin’s eyes widened as she realized what she had said. “wait that's not what i meant! ... there's no date! i would never have a date without telling you. there’s a misunderstanding i promise you it's just a movie,” jimin said frantically into the phone. “yerin i’ll talk to you tonight. bye.”

 

“ayeon” jimin began as she leaned closer to ayeon. “who else did you tell about tonight?”

 

“no one! i didn’t tell anyone. i’m not even sure how yerin found out.”

 

“ayeon!” jimin grabbed onto the older girl’s ear and pulled up towards the ceiling.

 

“fine! i may have told also brian, jinyoung and bernard, okay?” ayeon confessed to which jimin let go of her ear in shock. jimin wanted to strangle the girl in front of her, but she had received a text from jae saying that he was waiting for her outside of her apartment.

 

she sighed and stood up to put on her coat. walking towards the door, her hand reached out to the doorknob but stopped mid-turn. she turned her head back and looked at ayeon. “when i am gone, please tell everyone you told about tonight that you were wrong. it is not a date. i repeat. two friends are just going to watch a movie.”

 

massaging her earlobe ayeon, nodded. observing ayeon for a moment, jimin could only shake her head before she walked out the door.

 

“she yells at me and then hurts me. and now she leaves for her date. what a great friend,” ayeon mumbled to herself as she the tv and leaned back."

months ago while the two of them were hanging, jae brought up the topic of a movie that would be coming out. he had talked about wanting to watch a movie when it premiered in theaters, but his schedule was slowly but surely becoming extremely busy.

 

after she had seen the company master schedule, jimin, wanting to be a good friend, thought that it would be a good idea to ask jae to go with her to watch the movie the next time they had a free day. he of course agreed.

 

as jimin rushed down the flight of stairs in her apartment building, she still couldn’t believe what ayeon had said and done. it ridiculous for ayeon to consider her and jae to hanging out a date? the two of them always hung out whether it be in one of their practice rooms or eating pizza at her house. what made watching this movie any different from all those times?

 

walking outside, jimin saw a similar silhouette. she ran up to jae and grabbed onto his arm calling his name. she looked up and to her surprise, her heart fluttered.

 

the jae in front of her did not look the jae that she had just saw the day before. he looked like a prince.

 

“like what you see?” jae laughed. jimin immediately released his arm and looked the other direction.

 

“what do you think i am? blind? geez who would think you are handsome?” jimin responded her face bright red.

“relax, i was just messing with you. come on let’s go before we’re late for the movie.”

 

as the two headed to the theater, they went back to their usual rhythm of cracking jokes and laughing.however, walking down the street proved to be an issue. constantly indoors, jimin forgot exactly how cold night could be. she rubbed her hands and blew on them to keep them from practically freezing off.

 

“do you want to stop at a convenience store and buy a pair of cheap gloves?” jae asked noticing jimin’s actions. she shook her head and hid her hands behind her back.

 

the older boy sighed and grabbed her right hand pulling it to her face and commented on how red it was. she tried to pull her hand out of his grasp, but he locked his fingers with hers. jimin watched as he placed their hands in his pocket.

 

“your other hand may be colder for a bit, but at least this one will be warmer than before,” he said before pointing at a newly added billboard. jimin agreed that her right hand was warmer, but it didn’t explain why her cheeks were once again burning up.