Chapter 10 : Monster

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10: Monster

 

“Kang Yebin.”

 

Yebin had never been more happy to hear her own name. She opened her eyes to find a crying Minkyung. As sadistic as it seems, Minkyung looked so pretty when she was crying. The tears shimmered in the exposed sun-lit area and them seemed to make her beautiful eyes sparkle. Her eyes gazed at her longingly, never looking away. She was shaking and Yebin knew how much pain she was going through.

 

She took a big breath, preparing herself.

 

“I’m sorry, Minkyung. I’m sorry for what I’ve put you through but I hope, that somewhere inside you, you’re willing to listen to my explanation. Whether it be out of your sheer kindness or curiosity, I begging you to come back into the apartment where I’ll explain everything.”

 

She looked back to Minkyung, waiting for any sign of a response. Minkyung tightened her grip on Yebin’s hands and in that moment, Yebin heard a voice.

 

Yes

 

She shot her eyes open. A voice. Minkyung’s voice. No, Minkyung’s thoughts. That’s impossible, she thought to herself, but she heard it loud and clear. There was no doubt that Yebin had just read MInkyung’s mind. And she smiled.

 

“Well, then I guess I’ll also have to explain this then.”

 

Before Minkyung could even process what Yebin meant, she found her eyes shut out of reflex. There was murmuring around her but she couldn't pinpoint where it came from. Everything felt warm as well, a tingling sensation ran down her spine and afterwards, she could finally open her eyes again.

 

To say she was taken aback was an understatement. When she opened her eyes, she saw the living room again. Her head whirled with confusion. Did we just teleport? No, that’s not possible. But what happened before shouldn’t have been possible either.

 

She felt a slight tug on her hand, the motion bringing her back to Earth.

 

“I have something I need to tell you. So I’m gonna show you. First of all, you must be very.....shocked to say the least so I’m sure you would like so water.”

 

She walked to the kitchen and grabbed out a glass. She stood next to the table with a pitcher so Minkyung could see exactly what was going to happen.

 

“I think it’s about time I told you the truth.”

 

She took a deep breath in, almost like it was her own sort of encouragement to continue rather than chicken out. Yebin closed her eyes and focused on the water that was in the pitcher. She filled up the glass rather effortlessly, the water gliding through the air, landing calmly into the glass cup. She then cut off the supply. Since this was child’s play to her, she didn’t break a sweat it made it look extremely elegant. She hesitantly turned back to MInkyung, preparing herself for her reaction.

 

“You-you what? The water just floated??? But that’s not... WHAT?!”

 

Yebin smiled back apologetically.

 

“I know it’s a lot to handle, but I have something else to tell you.”

 

She walked back towards the kitchen holding the glass of water in her hands before handing it to Minkyung.

 

“Feel free to drink when you need to.”

 

She sat herself down on the couch and invited her to do the same.

 

“I’m sure that you have a lot to ask but let me explain first. Nayoung and I, we aren’t exactly human. We come from an extremely extended bloodline of pureblood beings. We often call them controllers but occasionally contorters as the stronger more skilled ones can sometimes contort their appearance for a short while. These controllers can control an element. It’s typically hereditary but can depend on where you a brought up. Each element requires various amounts of training, all different from one another. Since it is mostly genetics, most controllers only learn how to contort one element. However, purebloods depending on how colorful their training is as well as their history, can sometimes learn more than one, but being pure-blooded makes it extremely difficult to look human so only a very small handful actually can.”

 

Yebin paused her explanation, allowing time for Minkyung to absorb everything in. She notices that MInkyung hasn’t moved the glass yet which made her worried since water would definitely remedy her confusion. Without realising, she has started focusing on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter