Serendipity

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

「Serendipity」

noun

1. the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

 

Minseok chest heaved heavily as he tried to catch his breath. He whipped his head, eyes scanning the dimly lit playground. The trees swayed softly when the wind pushed against it, the weather made Minseok latch on his coat harder, cussing at the man who told him to meet him at the park, 9 o'clock sharp.

"I will kill him, I swear." He cursed under his breath. The latter looked down at his phone, his wallpaper that was of Baekhyun, Tao, himself, and the man that isn't going to live anymore- Jongdae. He heard footsteps approaching, but when he turned his head he saw that it was only a mother and her daughter on their way home. Showing a kind smile, he waited again. 

7 minutes passed by and Minseok's patience was wearing thin. Cold breaths escaped his mouth as he rubbed his hands together from the cold breeze passing by. He hissed as he checked his phone one last time; nothing. Minseok rolled his eyes as he finally made a move to leave the park and back to the warm flat. As he was 20 steps away from the playground, he heard loud footsteps that sounded like it could wake up the whole country. Alerted, he turned his head around when he finally saw the man he was supposed to meet- Jongdae. "MINSEOK! Don't leave yet!" The running boy called out, arms and hair flailing everywhere in the breeze, his arms seem to be holding a bouquet, but Minseok couldn't see it clearly so he pushed it aside. 

When Jongdae finally got to where the standing boy was, he latched on to his knees to catch his breath. Minseok looked at him with wide eyes, he almost asked him if he was okay, but the boy totally stood him up in the freezing cold weather, but nonetheless, he decided to play nice. But before he could even muster a word, Jongdae cut him to it. "M-Minseok, I, gosh, I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier." Jongdae wheezed out, breathing in and out until his heart was at the steady pace; he stood up properly, hiding the bouquet that the boy- sadly, already saw. Minseok hummed that it was okay as he guided the two of them to sit on the park's bench.

When the two finally settled down, Minseok started scolding the boy. "YAH!" He screamed, hitting the boy slightly lightly on the neck. "I waited 9 minutes in the cold! What was so important that you told me to show up at 9 o'clock SHARP, and you can't even show up on time!" Jongdae smiled sheepishly at Minseok, who was glaring at him at this moment. The cheeky man still smiled, latching his hands to the other man. "Y-yah!" Minseok shrieked out, cheeks furiously turning red at the moment. What was happening? He sure didn't know, but he didn't want it to end either. 

Letting go of the hands- much to Minseok's distaste, Jongdae reached behind to pull out the arrangements of floral, colorful beauty that outshines the darkness. The other lad widens his eyes in surprise, glancing at the man in front of him and the bouquet that he was holding. "Jongdae." He gasped out, smoke of warm breath escaping.

 

 

 

Jongin was sweating- furiously as he ran to the one apartment he knew oh so well, with his dog wrapped in his jacket.

Jongin was lazing around in his bed, texting his boyfriend good morning as he sighed again, for the past 10 minutes. While he was busy doing nothing, he heard small jingles of bells coming his way. Perking up, he saw his small poodle Monggu coming towards him. He smiled at the sight of the dog's ears flapping with the wind and long tongue breezing. 

"Monggu-ya!" He called out, as the dog jumped in his bed. The two did nothing afterwards- like owner, like dog.

After a while, Jongin decides to go to his kitchen and make breakfast. As he walked over to the fridge, his dog trailing behind, he found that there was barely anything to eat. But before he could pout, he remembered that his boyfriend came over the night before and left some food. He takes out the cold food, microwaves it and starts to feast, with Monggu getting close to the great smelling food here and there; much to Jongin's distaste.

While Jongin was cleaning his dirty dishes, his phone starts to buzz and ring, causing the boy to drop his plates in the sink to pick up the call. When he reaches for his phone, he frowns at the unfamiliar number written on it (and also at the fact it wasn't Kyungsoo). Nonetheless, he swipes green and presses the phone near his ears. 

"Hello?" he greets in his mother's language. The person must've seemed surprised by his Korean as they made a noise indicating the sound of well- surprise. 

"Hello, is this Kim Kai?" the person greets back, but in English, a language that he wasn't all fluent in. But his tried his best with his limited English to try and understand the person he was talking to. "This is Elle Paris, and we were wondering if you could be the cover of our Fall issue that will be coming soon?" Jongin almost dropped his phone when he learned who he was talking to. Elle Paris, THE Elle Paris wants him as a cover for their Fall issue. Even though they should really be calling the entertainment label or manager, he was happy- no, delighted at the fact they even bothered to call him.

Before Jongin could open his mouth to speak or answer, he was cut off by the speaker. "We've contacted your entertainment, and they are more than happy to have you come. We hope for you to agree with the request." He blinked, once- twice to finally answer:

"Yes, I would love to be the model!"

"Thank you, Monsieur Kai! We can't wait to have you here. Enjoy your day!" Jongin answers with a thank you and a bid of farewell as they finally hung up. He turns to his confused dog, suddenly he shouts with joy, surprising the poor unexpected dog. 

"Monggu! We are going to Paris, baby!" he smiles, picking up the medium-sized dog to rock him like a baby, "I've got to tell Kyungsoo about, let's go, buddy. I'm sure you've missed Mongmool." with the name mentioned, Monggu squealed in delight as the two started to get ready to go over to Kyungsoo's house.

Kyungsoo turned away from the TV as he heard the beeping sound from his lock beginning open. His dog, Mongmool that he was petting, looks at the door too before barking loudly and running towards the door in a fast sprint. As the dog finally opened to show who the intruder was, a brown poodle jumps out as the two dogs start to roll around and bite each other playfully. 

"Jong?" he calls out. The said man pokes out from the door, like a child surprising his parents as he leans up to plant a warm smooch on Kyungsoo's lips, which the boy returned lovingly. "I didn't think you'd visit today." Kyungsoo was truly lost at how the model just shows up- not that he minds really, but today should be a busy day for the boy. 

"Let's sit, babe." Jongin insisted, pointing at the black leather couch that was in the center of the empty looking loft. As the couple made their way to the sofa, Jongin crosses his hands together, which made the other boy nervous at the way the boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter