Keep It Curious

Adversities and Curosities

For the most part, MJ wasn't exactly sure on how to handle his day, though he did his absolute best to try to blow through it seemingly as fast as possible while trying to ignore the fact that he had summoned some weird demon into the world who was now trapped in his mirror. He couldn't quite process as well as normally could this morning with a lack of sleep, plenty of thoughts fogging his mind, and the sound of his teacher's voice that sounded like it was cutting in and out every second as if a broken record. The only thing that seemed to bring him back to reality was the small wad of paper being chucked at him from two seats away.

"Read it." Said a voice in a semi-loud whisper seeing as it managed to catch the attention of a couple of students close by.

Quietly, he'd look back down at the crumbled piece of paper that now laid on his desk before looking back at the whispering student for a moment before slowly nudging it off his desk with squinted eyes just to spite the other before returning his attention to his desk, which seemed to be the most fasinating thing in the world at his moment. But, admiring the edgy indents made by other students in the cheap plastic-not-quite-the-best desk was broken once again, only this time by a pencil being thrown at him and stabbing him in the back of the neck. That bastard had good aim.

"Read it." The voice from behind him snapped again, more urgent than before that MJ gave in to avoid another object being thrown at him knowing that if he continued to ignore his friend he wouldn't have to worry about dodging papers or more writing utensils, he'd have to worry about trying to escape the fierce war cry and a desk heading right to him. It happened in Elemantary School, he didn't need history to repeat itself.

With a sigh escaping from his lips, he'd carefully try to uncrumble the paper as silently as possible; as if he were on some secret mission he wanted no one to know about the slightest 'crrk' would have all eyes upon him. It took a minute, or maybe ten until he could even see what was written.

'You missed it yesterday at ParaStudies, Jinwoo and Seunghwan almost got into a fight!'

Oh, how that name made him want to slam his head on the desk and groan in absolute defeat, but, he kept reading the little message. He shouldn't have gone home early to mess with the book when he knew his friends were a tad bit impulsive when the other ParaClub's were there.

'I've never seen someone shut Jinwoo so quick, Rocky had to bring up a couple documentaries in order to shut everyone up but I don't think they are going to give us this win that easily. We're going to have to step up a little with our project.

Also, it's ironic that the captain of our group is terrified of paranormal stuff. Moonbin told me about the board, you guys are idiots. Jinwoo is going to kill you guys.

-The Real Slim Shady, Eunwoo.'

He took it back, Seunghwan didn't want to make him bang his head on the desk, it was Eunwoo. Though, he at least gave some kind of decent information that had some valid points, they needed to step up this project and finally shut down the other group, and he knew exactly how, but had little to no plan on how to execute it. This was going to take a lot of thinking, a lot of code red mountain dew and perhaps the entire series of Ghost Adventures or something else like Ghost Whisper. Yeah, maybe all will go well. MJ shook his head before picking his pencil back up, lifting his head to look at the board to see what was written down but was almost instantly denied, like having a door shut in your face, but instead of pain he felt defeated as the bell rang in victory. The bell has won this round.

Getting to his feet, MJ packed away his stuff and shuffled on off to the door almost forgetting about Eunwoo's utterly brilliant pressence against his sluggish nature, uncertain on how one person can be so cruel yet almost so calm. By now, he thought Eunwoo was probably a sociopath but he couldn't judge, he's been studying demons and paranormal information since he learned how to read and wasn't bothered at all by death, but instead, fasinated. Perhaps he was the sociopath at this point, it was hard for him to tell.

"You look like absolute hell." The said male piped up, a brow raised while eyeing the almost poor condition MJ was in.

"I'm in hell." Bags tucked away beneath the eyes that once was filled with determination and dedication were now just vacant and almost empty looking as if he had lost something important and lacked with any will to continue on. It was sleep.

"Nothing a expresso cup of coffee, four fudge brownies and maybe two family sized bags of potato chips can't fix." Eunwoo chimed in once again, nudging at the sluggish boy with his elbow."So, we're all going over to Jinwoo's house today? It'll give us time to discuss and as Moonbin's puts it, we can have a little fright night with pillow forts, whatever sweets we all can afford at the store, an ouija board and so on from there."

"Did anyone ask him if it's alright if we come over, or are we just invading his house like it's some foreign country, eating his food and bringing something that is supposed to contact demons and ghosts when he told us to never come within a mile of him with such a thing?" MJ question, brows knitting together.

"We're Germany invading Poland tonight, prepare yourself for the war." Eunwoo responded with a nod of his head.

Letting out a sigh of defeat, MJ refused to say anything more on the subject until he actually was able to speak with the captain of their group directly, since after all, he himself was the only one who was brave enough to even own such 'cursed' things like tarot cards, ouija boards and a couple of other strange adversities he'd get from the shady magic shop across the city. He'd stop at his locker, lazily putting in the numbers to unlock it as much as he hated doing so. Turn it this way, turn it that way,  get the number exactly right or start all over again all because he was sick of Rocky and Eunwoo breaking into his locker and making off with his homework and his secret stash of sweets.

"Jinwoo can't be mad at us for it, after all, it's for our project and he was the one who decided 'Oh, we should make our own group! We should join this club it'll be fun we'll learn about ghosts and yadayadayah, but don't you dare bring any of that stuff near me or I'm going to break your arm'." Eunwoo mimiced with his hand.

"It's his belief, let him be." MJ groaned out as he pulled open his locker door, putting away his Science and History journal before reaching for his, as everyone called it,'Spoopy Journal of Undeniable Ghostly-ness' when he first got it. Though, at the corner of his eye he could see his reflection in the small mirror hooked onto the door incase he wanted to fix his hair, or remind himself that maybe he needed some sleep, but upon getting a closer look he realized that the reflection was not his own, it was far from his own.

It was Sanha's.

The demon boy looked almost hopeful as he offered a wide grin and wave his hand frantically, the bright gleam in his eyes as he was no doubt, excited as could be for some strange reason to discover that even though he was trapped within a mirror for the time being until MJ said it was alright for him to come out, he was able to still move from one reflective surface to another.

"Where are you?" Sanha whined out, his voice muffled faintly by the sound of chatter flooding the halls. He couldn't help but to look as confused as could be, leaning closer in the mirror to where his nose was just barely touching the surface behind it."What's with all that noise? It sounds like you're surrounded by screeching banshees, but without the screaming and less bareable."

For a moment, MJ couldn't agree more and wanted to laugh, but shamefully refused to show any sign of acceptance towards the poor confused demon he summoned. Looking at Eunwoo for a moment, he'd lower his voice and reach out to close the door."Go away, Sanha.." He murmured out.

"B-but I'm bored, and lonely! Why couldn't I have come with you?" The demon wailed out almost pitifully, wanting no more than to be free from the confined white walls behind the mirror.

"Because I'm at school, and you don't fit in. You look.. kind of human, but not quite." He'd let out a sigh, closing his locker but could still hear the desperate pleas of Sanha even among the halls, but this time it had caught the other's attention.

"Let me out, I can scream!" Great, in barely half a day MJ was struck by annoyance by not just two people, but by three and it drained him mentally and physically to want to punch two of the said people.

"I'll see you at lunch, Eunwoo." Before the poor guy even had a chance to respond, MJ was off down the hall hurling his backpack over his shoulder walking as quick as he could among the crowded halls until he managed to reach the boy's bathroom. It took him a moment or two, waiting to see if all the stalls were empty before he slowly closed the door, hoping no one would notice and walked on over to the sink and peered into the mirror where he was faced with Sanha, who looked as if he was about to explode with hyperactive energy.

"I can't let you out yet, Sanha. I can only let you for lunch since the teacher's won't be paying much attention." For a moment, MJ's voice sounded as if it were as cold as ice, still and stern."I'll let you out on a couple of conditions. You don't talk to anyone, you don't leave my side and run off, I'm going to give my hoodie and at no point are you going to take it off. Is that understood?"

If it meant he'd be free from the white empty space he was in behind the glass of a mirror, Sanha accepted and the deal was made.

MJ took a quick look at the door, hearing the voices of the students slowly falter away as time ticked on by and the more time he wasted just standing there. Dropping his backpack on the ground he'd take out the book, flipping through the pages in a quick hurry hoping there would be something that could help him through this before the bell rang and he'd be stuck standing out awkwardly in the hall with Sanha with him.

"Va'neh cruu da trux niy de falmataa..?" MJ chanted, no response what so ever from the mirror and instead caused the three sinks before him miraculously rush with steaming hot water.

"Nakuu viq tavaintica muluah." He'd try again, but only caused a green goo to begin oozing from the cracks of the walls.

"Giiah de tuqizik mah vekialio de ghaja neh!" Third time, things began to levitate with a ghostly aura and flutter around the bathroom, crumbled paper towels and other trash as the ooze continued to drip from the walls and the water suddenly beginning to overflow. It was getting irritating. Slamming the book shut, he'd pick up his bag and turn away in defeat."Just get out of the damned mirror!"

And next thing he knew, Sanha tumbled from the glass prison and landed on the floor with a slight thud."Really? It was THAT easy? You got to be kidding me.."

Pushing himself back to his feet, the youthful demon looked around at all the failed attempts that caused such strange reactions but before he could comment he was tugged down slightly and he had a hoodie forcefully pulled over his head, a slight yelp escaping from his lips to feel the hood caught upon his horns. He went from being mesmerized to be in sudden distress, letting out a whine as he placed a hand over his small knubs of horns.

MJ almost felt guilt. Almost. But for now he was just worried about getting to the cafeteria before the bell rung and before someone walked in, relieved no one had heard him or had walked in during the process."You'll be alright," He muttered out while holding out his hand, letting out a sigh before the confused demon took hold of his hand and was dragged from the bathroom in a bit of rush.

From the corner of Sanha's eyes, he could've sworn he saw someone staring at them from the nearly cleared hallways, a boy who looked no older than MJ, let alone taller.

And just for a second, he could've sworn he saw the mysterious boy smile before he was pulled out of sight.

Maybe he should've stayed in the mirror..