Questionable Choice

Adversities and Curosities

                                                                      

 

Sometimes, in the world there would be those who are born with unique gifts although it was quite rare in many cases, but as time progressed and as the world continued on down the path of where anything seemed possible. Kim Myung junbetter known as 'MJ' was one of those people with such a gift. From a very young age, he has always been fascinated by life and death itself from a spiritual belief in the paranormal; especially after getting an Ouija Board for jokes and accidentally finding himself in contact with a spirit. Some of his friends found it to be fake and them just pretending during the little games but others had a faint beliefs. There, his curiosity sparked, checking out books from the strangest of stores, such books on rituals, After all, what's the worse that could happen?

The night was still and, the house was quiet and everyone was asleep at such a time, all except for MJ. He was uncertain as to what drew him to such a thing, but he stood in the bathroom with in confidence amongst the darkness. He lit a few candles on the counter before drawing runic like marks on the mirror with a lightly purple colored liquid he got from a strange store. It seemed the closest he could get to such an item. When finished, he drew in a deep breathe while flipping through the summoning book, lips pursed until he found the page he was on.

"To face your reflection is to face your inner demons. What you see may not please you; but it may deceive you. You can never know what's truthfully there until that mask grows heavy to wear. Your reflection is a mockery of what you make of it but a mirror is a mirror. What do you see?" He'd repeat from the book before staring longingly into the mirror as the candles reflected from it in an eerie manner, standing as patient as could be why repeating the phase every few minutes, but exhaled a heavy sigh as it was proven not to work.

Slumping his shoulders he made his way out of the bathroom to grab a used towel from the kitchen in order to get the liquid off the mirror. "What did I do wrong?" He'd question himself while biting at his lip in thought. "I can do it, I need to get it right.." He muttered to himself for some self-encouragement, but felt worn from the night that had left him restless after spending hours upon hours trying different rituals only to be greeted by the bitter sense of failure. He simply shrugged it off, making his way back into the bathroom he flipped on the lights while grumbling, before freezing dead in his tracks at the sound of a distressed squeak.

"Too bright! Too bright?!"

On the floor sat a young looking male, possibly not even past Highschool by the looks of it. He had messy caramel colored hair atop his head, along with a pair of small curved horns. He was dressed in pure black clothes without any shoes or socks, metal bands around his wrists and ankles with crystals engraved into the surface of the tainted silver. He wasn't exactly sure on what to expect. The runic markings on the mirror was gone, but instead, they were dressing the stranger's skin along his neck and his arms. For a moment they sat in silence, the demonic being having not noticed the other boy standing there until his eyes had finally adjusted to the brightness of the bathroom and just for a moment; they locked eyes.

Watching as the demon rose to his feet, the summoner took a small and nervous step back in confusion on what he had just brought into this world. Being uncertain on what to do he quickly closed the door while holding onto the handle.

"Who are you!?" MJ called out in a silent shout, not wanting to wake anyone at such a time. Besides, how do you explain to your parents or even your friends that you were preforming spiritual and most likely demonic rituals and had managed to actually bring such a being to this world? He'd be doomed!

"I s-should be asking you that!" The demon shouted back before looking at the book that rested on the counter. He was beyond confused. Who was he? It was an answer even he didn't know."How'd you get this book?" He'd question while shuffling to the door, trying to open it, puzzled as it didn't open.

Did he even know how to open it? MJ couldn't hear any struggle, nor any restraints to open the door which caused a wave of relief to wash over him while listening to the sound of the other extremely confused to why he was not trapped witin the bathroom until he finally hit the light switch. The silence was broken by a frightened shriek from the demon.

"To dark!" The demon whined out while now anxiously trying to find a way to escape the bathroom.

'What kind of demon is afraid of the dark?' MJ questioned to himself in both a amused and puzzled manner before slowly opening the door despite every inch of him telling him not to do so; yet he did it anyway. Dull light poured from the hallway into the bathroom to illuminate the silhouette of the strange demon now curled up on the floor hugging his knees as the pages glistened before him. He didn't know whether to be proud of himself for actually succeeding in completing a ritual like so properly, or disappointed in what he did manage to summon.

Cautiously he approached the frightened demon and knelt down before him, arching a brow while trying to get his attention, which didn't take long judging how the demons eyes narrowed from the floor to him, the gentle yet vibrant hues of purple swirling in a desperate manner of confusion."I expected something more from this book, but, I guess you work.." He'd sigh out while grabbing the said book and flipping it shut."I expected you to be taller," The demon said in response. Without a second to lose, MJ simply got to his feet and exited the bathroom leaving the demon in both silence and the darkness.

"Wait, no, I was kidding! Not really- hey!"