SIXTEEN : JEON JUNGKOOK POV PART2

Last Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                     

Once we all feel much better, we go inside and keep Ji Ae company. Jin and Aunt Mi Kyung take a sit by her bed. Ho Seok trying his best to lighten the mood a bit with his usual jokes and we manages to smile to his silly jokes. Then Tae Hyung also joins him and slowly the mood feel a bit brighter and less gloomy. I also join them to make it more merrier. Thankfully Jin and Aunt Mi Kyung could smile and talks with us like they used too. I remember back what Jin told me. Ji Ae don’t want to see smile disappear from my face and this is what I could do for her. I should bring smile to other too not just for myself. At least there is something else I could do.

As the night goes deeper, all of us fall asleep but no one has any thought to go home to sleep comfortably on their comfy bed. We all prefer to sleep here even thought sit down cram with each other in limited space of sofa. Jin and Aunt Mi Kyung sleep while sit down next to Ji Ae’s bed. And I don’t even feel sleepy so I stand up at the window while looking at the outside. The ambulance keep come and goes throughout the night. I look up to the sky and when I saw a shooting star, I just make my wish without thinking. I want Ji Ae awake and come back to me like usual.

“Jungkook-ah.....” Jin call for me makes me a bit surprise.

“Hyung, wae?”

“I want to buy coffee, do you want some?” He asked and stand up.

“Sure.” I said and then Jin looks around us. He smiles when he saw all of them sleeping like a small child. Tae Hyung hugs Jimin while Yoongi put his head on Nam Joon shoulder.

“They look cute and adorable, right?” Jin asked makes me agree with him.

“Yes...” I said.

Jin go out after put on a blanket on each one of them. I already put the blanket on them but it fall down after they keep on tossing around. I take a seat on Jin’s chair. I hold Ji Ae’s hand and look at her finger carefully. I never notice her hand before. She has a long and lean finger. I bet her finger longer than Jimin’s. I smile at that thought. I wish Ji Ae could tease Jimin with this topic and I could imagine how Ji Ae reacted when she saw Jimin’s face. She will laugh and keep teasing Jimin whenever she could. I look up to Ji Ae’s face and look at it carefully like I’m tracing her face and print it in my mind. Ji Ae has are long eyes lashes, her nose is high and her lips plump and full. I remember when I kissed her in the rain. It feels soft and taste so sweet. 

I could feel my heart beating so fast when I remember back our memories together. If I could turn the back time once again, I will not listen to Ji Ae. I will follow what my heart tells me and do what I want. I will treasure every time we were together. I will hold her hand every time we sees each other and I will make she smile more. If only..... I could feel my tears fall on my cheek again. This helpless feeling really kill me. I hold her hand more tightly and once again I’m crying again. I put my head on the bed and cried silently.

Suddenly I feel someone touch my head so I look up thinking that Jin already come back but there is no one by my side. I turn to Ji Ae and saw she open her eyes. I immediately stand up and feel so relieve.

“Are you awake now? Do you know me?” I asked and slowly I could see her lips curve into a small smile. I see she move her lips and said my names but I don’t hear her voice. At the same time Jin’s come and we both make eyes contact.

“Wae?” Jin asked when he saw I’m a bit flustered and stand up.

“Ji Ae...she’s awake.” I said and make Jin walk faster to her side and look at her.

“It’s true!!” Jin said and smiles happily. His loud voice everyone awake too.

“Hyung....what is happening now?” Yoongi asked.

“Kim Ji Ae is awake now.” Jin said and spread the happy news.

“Jinja?!” Yoongi said in surprise and he also walk faster to Ji Ae’s bed to see himself.

“Kim Ji Ae...finally.” Yoongi said makes Ji Ae smile more.

The gloomy and grief moment is in the past now. We all feel so happy and glad that Ji Ae put other strong fight. Kim Ji Ae is really a true fighter. We all stand by her side and happy to see Ji Ae.

“Welcome back Kim Ji Ae!” I said to her.

The morning come to us once again and it a bright autumn morning. The doctor makes another round of check and he also feel happy. He said it truly a miracle. I believe God really hear our desperate prayer. This morning too, Ji Ae looks much better even though she still a bit weak. She sit down and having her light breakfast with us before we go home to rest for a while. I stay this time. After having her light breakfast, Ji Ae sleep once again. She wakes up around afternoon.

“Could we go out to take a fresh air?” Ji Ae suggested.

“Sure.” I said and bring wheelchair for her. Now Ji Ae don’t need oxygen and she could breaths properly. I push her slowly to the hospital park. We take a seat under the tree. The tree all color crimson and orange right now. The weather also feels colder now. I take my jacket off and put it on Ji Ae.

“I’m fine...” She said and she want to give the jacket back to me but I put it back on her.

“I don’t want you to fall sick again....”

“I don’t want you to fall sick.....” She argues with me but I just staring at her. Faking like I’m deadly serious right now and she just smile at me.

“Araso....” She said nonchalantly. We both look up and enjoy the fresh air.

“Do you have anything you want to eat now? I could buy it for you.”

“Right now..... I want to drink sweet coffee and eat cake by the beach with you....” She said remind me of our memo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter