Hello

The Night Reminds Me Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon couldn't sleep that night. She couldn't stop thinking about how close she was in figuring out who her mystery friend was. She couldn't stop thinking about how she didn't realize it when she first saw the hooded person's figure. 

J is real.  

She wasn't hallucinating. There really was a person she was talking to. She exists. And she was determined to catch whoever it was.

 

-

 

"Taeyeon? Hey, Taeyeon!" Sunny snapped a finger in front of the daydreaming girl.

"Ah yeah, w-what were you saying again?" 

The shorter girl sighed.

"Are you okay? It looks like your mind is somewhere else. Wanna share?"

"It's nothing, sorry. Continue with what you were saying earlier please."

"As I was saying... Siwon and his poles have been eyeing and staring at you like they're shooting lasers from their eyes since this morning. I'll alert Sooyoung about this, but I want you to be careful, okay? I won't be around you all day."

Taeyeon looked at the direction where Sunny was looking at, and saw Siwon whispering to one of the boys, while the other one was staring at her with a smug smile. She wanted to scoff.

"Don't worry. I can handle them." She turned her head back to the shorter girl.

"Taeyeon... please. I'm serious." She looked up from her food and saw the worried eyes on her friends face. "No sudden trashtalks or actions, okay?"

She sighed. "Okay, okay. I'll be careful. I promise." She smiled to reassure the other girl. They both then went back to eating their lunch, and Taeyeon's thoughts were back to the mystery person she just encountered.

 

-

 

As usual, she went over to her neighbor's rooftop, but she's careful than ever. Since the incident a few nights ago, she decided to lie low. It was a really close call. But hearing her neighbor talk about how hungry she was and how lonely she was... she knew she wouldn't be able to let it fall on deaf ears.

So now she's here... tiptoeing her way towards the edge of the rooftop, the one just behind the roof of the front part of the house. She carefully placed the paper bag containing the sandwich on the ground, before taping the piece of paper on the edge's wall. She was about to lean back when she thought she heard a faint sound of footsteps. As her head turned in reflex, the shadow of a small and petite figure approaching made the hairs in the back of her neck to stand.

On panic mode, she immediately scanned the place to see if there was any spot she could hide in. Her eyes stopped on a pair of barrels several feet away from her, and she wasted no time in running towards them and almost dove behind the two big containers.

" !" The hooded girl muttered under hear breath. Her eyes were closed as she allowed herself to recover from the world-breaking dash she just attempted.
Did she see me? The hooded girl gently raised her head to peek over the barrel she was hiding from. Her eyes quickly scanned the area for another form of life.

Nothing.

The note taped on the wall was gone.

The paper bag containing the sandwich was gone.

She's gone. Unconsciously, she let out the breath she was holding. Thank goodness. 

"Thanks for these." 

Upon hearing a voice, her whole body froze. Cold sweat began forming on her forehead, and she slowly turned her head, mentally thanking herself for putting her hood on. It was dark but she risked a millisecond to catch a glimpse of the owner of the voice's face, and in that millisecond, she saw a small smile on the girl's face while holding the paper bag with one hand, and the note with the other. She pulled her hood even lower to cover her face.

"H-hello."

The hooded person swallowed, but she didn't answer. It's not like she could've. Not when her entire body was rooted on the ground like a spell has just been casted on her.

"I'm Taeyeon."

The girl who introduced herself as Taeyeon, bended down and tried to sneak a peek of the hooded person's face.

"J?"

The hooded girl gasped as she came back to her senses, doing the first thing she could think of, which was to run away. She immediately stood up and was about to make a dash for it when the other girl made her stop in her tracks.

"Wait!"

Taeyeon unconsciously took a step forward.

"I won't hurt you. I just-" The hooded girl heard Taeyeon take a step closer to her and she sprinted off. "W-wait!"
In the process of running, the the hooded girl accidentally stepped on a rock, causing her to stumble forward. Taeyeon's eyes widened as she sprinted and stretched both of her arms to reach the other person just in time to catch her halfway into letting her face meet the concrete rooftop. "Woah, careful!" She kept her steady, helping her find her footing, the previous contents of her hands now on the floor. Her left hand was on the person's stomach while her right hand was on... something she wasn't quite sure of.

Taeyeon tried to move her hand and even gave it a gentle squeeze to help her determine what she was holding, but was met with a dolphin-like scream which easily pierced her ears. Her eyes closed and she let go in reflex, tapping her ears and shaking her head. She came back to her senses a second later to take everything in.

That scream.... she's a girl??

When she opened her eyes, the other person had her head tilted away from her, but her hands were hugging herself, doing an "X" shape across her torso. Only then did it occur to Taeyeon... what that thing was. 

"Oh my God, I'm s-so sorry!" Her cheeks heated up and she was suddenly thankful for the scarcity of light. She acted on her instincts and reached for the other girl's wrist, only to earn her a gasp, followed by a yank. Taeyeon wanted to curse herself. She realized that it was another wrong move, and was already panicking hard.

"I'm sorry!" She raised her two hands up like a gun has just been pointed at her.

She didn't hear any reply so she put her hands down and risked to take a step forward, only for the other person to take a step backwards. She gulped as she understood the reaction.

"I'm a girl too!"

She later on realized that it wasn't an excuse too.

"I-it was an accident, I swear!" Taeyeon held her hands up in the air. "I really am sorry."

She observed the other person, which seemed to have no plans in replying or even facing her direction.

"I'm not a ert, nor am I creepy person." 

Taeyeon internally sighed. She waited for a long time for this to happen, but things weren't going according to how she wanted it to. She was worried that her action, although an accide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter