First Night

The Night Reminds Me Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the engine stopped. The door by the driver's seat opened and closed. The next thing she knew, the door of the backseat has opened too, allowing the moonlight to reach her skin which has become much paler than it was days before. The driver took a few steps to the side while still holding the car door to make room for her.

"We're here, miss Taeyeon."

Like a lifeless zombie you would see in a horror movie, she turned her head towards the driver, mentally hoping he'd understand that she didn't want to go out, and maybe he'd get the signal to drive the car back. But the middle-aged man smiled at her instead, sensing nothing out of everything she had just hoped for. Deciding that no amount of hesitance would take her back to where she wanted to be, she slowly stepped out of the car and took a few steps forward.

The sound of the car door being closed echoed behind her as she raised her head to take in the structure and appearance of the place she was supposed to call home from now on. Just the sight of it made her want to turn around and lock herself in the car, but the sound of the engine once again roaring behind her to park the car properly shut her tiny idea down before she could even act upon it.

Big. Grand.

She heard her name being called once more and this time, a maid approached her to her inside the house.

"Welcome, miss Taeyeon. I'll take care of your things in the car and I will bring them to your room upstairs. I know you might be tired from the travel so please do rest first." 

Taeyeon gave the maid a curt nod before she headed upstairs to her room. She didn't even feel the need to look around her room as the first thing she wanted to do as soon as the door clicked shut was to throw herself on the bed, and she was about to do just that when her phone vibrated in her pocket. She fished it out and sighed before she accepted the call.

 

"Taeyeon, sweetie. Have you arrived?"

"Yes, mom. We just arrived."

"That's great. Have you taken a good look around the house? Did you like your room? I specifically asked for it to be painted blue because you said you like blue, right? And the-"

"Mom."

"Yes? or did you leave something? I could ask mister Park to drop by here tomorrow and bring it there."

"No, it's not that."

"Then what is it? Do you want something? I'll grant it, just tell me so I can-"

"I wanna go home, mom." There was a pause. She bit her lip, feeling stupid all of a sudden. "So it's a no then?" She scoffed.

"Taeyeon, I thought you already understood-"

"So much for saying you'll grant it. Bye mom."

 

Taeyeon tossed the phone to her bed. So much for trying to be nice. She finally threw herself on the bed, doing what she wanted to do in the first place. Her phone rang once more a few seconds later but she ignored it, knowing fully well who was calling her.

She blankly stared at the ceiling, now noticing that her room was indeed blue just like how she wanted it, but she would choose her old plain and boring white ceiling any day. A knock on her door soon interrupted her thoughts. Taeyeon lazily raised her head and turned it towards the door.

 

"Miss Taeyeon, your mother called on the house phone downstairs and she's asking for you." She internally groaned.

"Tell her I'm going to sleep."

"Don't you want to eat dinner first, miss Taeyeon? The cook is almost done with the main dish."

"No thanks. I'm not hungry." She curtly replied. Hearing footsteps getting away from the other side of the door, her head dipped back on the mattress once more. 

 

"Miss Taeyeon, your mother said that she really wants to talk to you. She is also insisting that you eat dinner first before going to sleep." 

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter