Redolent II

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"B-baekhyun?" Hyun questioned, but it came out more like a statement. After a while of deliberation, he decided that he sort of fancied the way it rolled off his tongue. Huirin had somehow incorporated his actual name without losing its shine. "Baekhyun" he repeated, this time with more affirmity. "Baekhyun."

 

"Isn't it pretty? Baek means a hundred" Huirin smiles. "I hope you live for a hundred years and more!" 

 

Luhan chuckles. "That'll be nice. If we pass on before you, make sure to put a bunch of baby breath on top of my grave"

 

Hyun- now 'Baekhyun'- chokes at the thought of death and meekly glance at Luhan with shaking pupils. 

 

"Nevermind." Luhan sighs. "Just get me some whisky."

 

"I want you to plant some strawberries on top of my grave!" Huirin piped. "So that I'm never hungry!"

 

Luhan groans once again.

 

This time, Baekhyun laughs.

 

---

 

After breakfast, which ended on a positive note, Huirin and Baekhyun were in charge of dish-washing while Luhan had checked the sails and the wheel to make sure that they were on the right track. At the mention of that, Baekhyun's curiosity got ahead of him as he spoke. "Who's steering the ship?"

 

"Me" both Luhan and Huirin declares at the same time before staring at each other, scowls adorning their expression. "It's me! Stop it you liar I'm steering it!" 

 

"Um ok" Baekhyun mutters. "I guess it doesn't matter who... but how?"

 

"Magic" Luhan simply states as he finished wiping down the tab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter