Redolent

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyun arouse in cold as he hyperventilates far too quick for the good of his pitiful lungs. "F-father" he whimpers, pressing his eyes firmly into the comfort of his palms, where darkness once again ensues.

 

Breathe in. softly. Breathe out. softly. Breathe in. normally. Breathe out. normally. Just keep on breathing.

 

After attempting to delete the gory thoughts, Hyun swung his leg onto the edge of his bed, pressed his feet against the floor and swore bloody murder. He wails more intensely as he feels sharp pains resembling long thorns against the underside of his feet. Something stabbed him. Hard.

 

Almost at cue, Luhan rushes in, half-dressed with a toothbrush locked inside his mouth. "What happened?" He queered while letting go of the door frames and inspects Hyun from head to toe. "The lamp..." Luhan uttered, somewhat speechless.

 

Hyun follows Luhan's gaze and finds shattered glass spread all over the floor of his bedroom. He gasps at the scene and feels nauseous at the sight of his very own thick, red blood flowing through the wooden panels. He watches as the glass reflects the bloody shade, creating a sort of twisted, abstract art. 

 

"I-i'm sorry" Hyun apologises out of nowhere. No way had it been his fault as he had been sleeping throughout the course of the night- but he simply felt obliged to do so due to the fact that it occurred within his presence.

 

"It's okay" Luhan simply says. He exits the room to re-enter a few minutes later with a broom, a pan and a first aid kit. "Here" he tosses the kit onto Hyun's bed and starts sweeping the floor rather meticulously. "I'll clean your wound in a bit. Just lift your feet up as high as you can to lessen the bleeding" he instructed.

 

Hyun merely followed Luhan's orders as he watch the elder male re-sweeping the area countless times before nodding in satisfaction and leaves to dispose of the glass. The latter then returns without both the broom or the pan. Luhan then pulls out a chair from Hyun's study table and sat right in front of him. "Foot" he ordered, signaling with his hands for Hyun's wounded limb. 

 

Carefully, Hyun lowers his feet before Luhan gently places it on top of his thigh and reaches to open the first aid kit. "It'll hurt" he warned. 

 

True to his words, every piece of glass taken out of Hyun's feet felt like hell. It was as if his feet were being torn apart (which was somewhat true) and a spicy ache rung through his body like electrical waves. He knew that Luhan was being as gentle as he could as he maneuvered the glass out of Hyun's limb with experienced, nimble fingers. Before long, all the shards were retrieved and Hyun winces as Luhan sets pressure to halt the bleeding and encouraged the blood-clotting process. There was a moment of silence where Luhan continues to press his palm harder against Hyun's feet. The younger male could only clench hard on his back teeth and shut his eyes tight. He attempted to shift his focus to anything other than the pain on the very bottom of his being before regaining his composure several minutes later. 

 

When he finally sees light, Luhan had finished wrapping up his wound and continues to pack away all of the medical supply before nodding at the younger male. "Good job" he affirms before standing up and making his way out the door. 

 

"T-thank you" Hyun utters tacitly, as he dissects the pattern of the wooden boards.

 

Luhan shares a considerate smile. "No problems" he assurs before exiting Hyun's space.

 

The feeling of loneliness continues to creep on Hyun's back as he sits on top of his bed and peers at his now injured feet. Sighing, he carefully stands, exerting more pressure on one limb than the other, and made his way out. 

 

"Morning Hyun" was the first thing he heard as he invades a random room. Turns out the place he found wasn't as aimless as he thought it was. Definitely a favourable place to start the day. The dining area.

 

The dining room was a sizable area with an open kitchen connected to it. There were two rows of picnic tables, a grand sum of four separate tables symmetrically and strategically placed together. The place was fairly clean aside from the build up of dust around the window area, Hyun noted as he passed by a few. Sitting down at the closest table to the door, Hyun can see Luhan's sturdy back busy handling kitchen duties. 

 

"Lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter