Acquiesce

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wait. What?" 

 

Now it was Huirin's turn to be provoked by Luhan's behaviour. "I said he's the light! L. I. G. H. T. Light!" She rehearsed, as if he was a child. 

 

"Ok stop that" Luhan batted her fingers away. He halted in his tracks to consider a few things with his inner conscience. A very authentic source had given him inklings in regards to the whereabouts of the fruit. What fruit you may ask? Dabit in lucem. The fruit of light. The devil's fruit. They call it many other things but one thing is for sure; it is highly sought after and there is only one of it existing in this world. 

 

Well, at any one point in time anyway. 

 

The source cited that Clown's auction would be where the fruit shows up. Technically, it did.

 

But there was one part of the intel which was highly incorrect. The fruit was no longer in it's true form. It was eaten.

 

Unless the sinner dies, the fruit cannot reincarnate itself at another place, another time.

 

The sinner? Oh yes. The sinner. Of course. 

 

'Sinner' is the term used to describe any being who has consumed the devil's fruit. 

 

"Here I go" a familiar voice brought Luhan back from his train of thoughts. "What?" 

 

Before he could officially receive an answer, a line of explosions appeared from one side of the stage to the other. The ceilings vibrate with every blast. Seats tumbled against hysteria as legs twist and scuttled towards the exit. Screams polluted the air as the crowd disperse into the outside realm. 

 

Luhan swiftly stood up from his seat and extended a hand to seize Huirin. His blood turned cold at the empty space beside him. He connects the two and two together.

 

"" he muttered, almost inaudible.

 

Amist the scampering crowd, he stood his ground in conflict.

 

One side of him rationally envisions that she's trapped in the rush and was forced outside. That would be much more favourable. Another side of him; irrational. 

 

Before he could pry deeper into his thoughts, a recognisable warmth enveloped his hand and tugs him tenderly towards the exit. He glanced briefly at Huirin before sighing in relief. "Next time I'm hand-cuffing you"

 

"If the other hand's yours then I'm fine" Huirin chirped. "By the way this is Hyun" she freed the grip on Luhan's hand before pointing to a frightened male. Hyun gives a quiet nod of acknowledgment as he peeked at his sides timidly. "Faster" he motioned to the other two.

 

Huirin confirms the command with a silent nod while Luhan stared at him in disbelief. "Okay so you picked up the boy on stage. I don't have to guess that those fireworks were you right?" 

 

"Did you see the colours? They were purple today" Huirin announced with pride.

 

Luhan scoffs with a smile before leading them down the maze of buildings. Lumineiré is no plain city. The roads were curved with baffling passages. Ones that run top to bottom; and others that crossed bottom to top. The city was dreadfully ill with sleep. Not a single light was present in any home or store. The streets were drained of life. It was as if no actual living, human beings were residing in such place. Not even a single guard was patrolling the said area. It was too suspicious, to say the least.

 

The clouds shrivel at the presence of moonlight and streaks of light scanned the city, mimicking the show lights. No evident crack was present along the flash, white roads. It was dead quiet. Not a single cricket in sound. 

 

"Something's not right" Luhan pointed out. He scrunitises the area even further before hastening his pace. "They've caught onto us" he reported.

 

The trio skidded to the right as they made a run for their ship. Well technically it was Huirin and Luhan's ship. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter