Dalliance

Ingénue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So where are heading?" Baekhyun brought up during the middle of their dinner. It was a feast. Luhan had made steak- so luxurious in Baekhyun's humble opinion- and served it with heavenly mash potato and mouthwatering gravy. 

 

"After Burla?" Luhan paused. "I'm not too sure, the brat moves around too quickly for his own good."

 

"Are we after someone?"

 

"Yeah," Luhan simply states as he forks out another piece of steak into his mouth.

 

"My brother," Huirin says calmly. A bit too calm for his taste.

 

"Oh," Baekhyun paused for a moment of thought. "But why do you need me?"

 

"The fruit of light!" The darkened look in her eyes dissapeared immediately as she piped up at the mention of the devil's fruit. "You ate it- and we need you!" 

 

"Basically only you can find him." Luhan explained, sipping on his cold glass of wine.

 

"M-me?" Baekhyun points to himself, unsure.

 

Luhan chuckled and nodded.

 

"The plan is for us to sail around the sea until you get a 'feeling' and then you go BOOM! And shine your light and then a transparent gate will appear and- and- TADAAH! Sehun is born."

 

"You mean found?"

 

"Same difference."

 

"She's only partly correct." Luhan rectified, eyes smearing between Huirin's oddly stoic shape and Baekhyun's petrified ones. "We aren't too sure how the fruit of light works so we'll need to meet someone who has great knowledge on it. And then we'll go from there"

 

"Are we sailing somewhere in particular?" Baekhyun leans over the table to grab some more gravy.

 

Luhan sat in deep thought, in still motion, before smiling. "Nope"

 

"We're pirates afterall," Huirin laughter flared through the air, though it was more of a giggle more than anything. "Free to roam the seven seas!" 

 

"Why... are we searching for your brother?" Baekhyun finally popped the question. He had anticipated for a negative response basing it on the cold shoulder given to him for the previous attempt to poke at a scabbed wound. But a curious child he was and in his mind, there was no harm in learning more than knowing less. If he was going to share the same space with these compassionate saviours of his-- then he might as well take upon the chance to discover more about them.

 

The air stilled in between the trio as an atmosphere of tension arose. It was so thick that Baekhyun thought he would need a butcher's knife to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter