0. Gooseberry (Prologue)

Withering Petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As of May 29th, 2022, I am going through and editing the fic! I finished edited GWD about a year ago, so I'm going through this now. It shouldn't take too long because the chapters were fairly short and the fic itself is only 13 chapters long plus a prologue. I hope everyone enjoys this!

He looked around the empty floral shop once, eyes glancing at every flower pot, decoration, and little trinket in the store before hitting the digital clock on the far left side of the store. It read 4:59PM in bright red, and something in him awoke.

Closing time.

He pushed his brunette bangs out of the way of his eyes and smiled at the empty nature of the store. The last customer had left roughly thirty minutes ago, and he had doubted anyone would come through the doors leading into his store in the final minutes of the working day, he left the OPEN sign up purely out of obligation.

He walked out from behind his post at the checkout table to look at the traffic outside for a brief moment, and once he ensured that there were no stragglers trying to get inside the store at the last possible second, he locked the glass door and pulled the blinds down. He turned back to face the rest of his store and walked around it once, watering can in hand, to make sure all the plants were in peak condition for the next working day. There were a few flower beds that he had to water, but they were mostly all in good condition. There were flowers that were ready to be picked and put into vases, but he figured it was something he could do the following morning before opening. He went behind the bouquet making desk and replenished the emptying ribbon spools and the emptying bag of plastic coverings.

Once he was done cleaning and checking everything around the store, he walked over to the opposite side of the store to where the tiger lillies were. He took a single flower into his hand and played with the delicate orange petals with his long, pale fingers. He brought it up to his nose and breathed in its fragrance. Flowers always helped him calm his mind.

They brought things into perspective.

He always th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter