Hoseok Pt.1 (Hobi)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

“How did this happen to us?” Her voice was a fleeting whisper, it held no shape nor form, and it was weak and defeated all the same. Hoseok could only shake his head, pondering the exact same thought, wondering where they had gone so wrong to end up like this. Arguing, in the middle of a set, in front of several workers and management.

“I don’t know…” Hoseok gained his voice back, looking towards the floor because he couldn’t stand seeing her so closed off, her arms wrapped around her chest, protecting her from his harsh words and statements “but I love you…”

“What do you love about me?” She asked instead, and Hoseok was not prepared for the question, for he quickly went silent all over and closed his eyes. This was it; they were falling apart and there was no one there to break their painful fall.

“Everything” he tried, desperately wanting to give her the correct answer that would end this argument, that would send them both back to her small spaced apartment, wrapped in each other’s embrace.

“Yeah” she sighed out the word, and she spared him a tearful glance and a broken soft smile. “I’ll leave first, it’s better you stay at the dorm tonight.”

“Yeah” he echoed her broken and beaten voice, nodding his head like a robot stuck on repeat. “I love you… you know that…”

“Sometimes, I wonder” she admitted, before walking out of the studio and leaving the man cold and numb in her wake.

--- Two Years Previous ---

“Didn’t I warn you this will happen?” She spoke so aggressively, yet her hands were soft and gentle as they placed ice upon the sticky bubble gum, hoping to get it from his hair without hurting him in the process. Hoseok sighed, leaning further back so that he could rest his head against her, his eyes glancing up to steal her own.

“I forgot” he beamed the best smile he could manage given the situation he was currently in “besides, I have you here” he countered knowingly, yelping when her fingers plucked at his hair.

“Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take caution” her lips formed a straight line, a sigh taking towards her lips “what if I wasn’t here to help you Hoseok? What would you do?”

“Why?” His eyes grew wide, his heart speeding within his chest, unable to be stopped with the amount of fear that suddenly consumed him “you’re not planning on leaving me, are you?”

“Well yeah, I have to go back home eventually. I don’t live in Korea” she mused, finally raking out the very last bit of chewing gum from his hair, her eyes inspecting the long strands thoroughly, missing the eyes that held a look of utter defeat and loss.

“You don’t have to go home” his voice dropped in tune, his volume a mere whisper and slowly her eyes stopped scanning his hair to finally find the lost ones staring back at her.

“I do” she whispered just as somber, her fingers dancing against his smooth jawline “You’re my best friend, but my family is in America… I have to see them too.”

“I’ll miss you” Hoseok admitted the words that claimed his heart, stealing her hand and bringing it towards his chest, allowing her to feel the broken heartbeat underneath her palms. “It hurts here…” he explained, hating that her hand withdrew so quickly, her body heat pushing away from him as she picked up her purse and didn’t spare him another glance.

“I know, and I’m sorry” she offered, before walking out the door and leaving the boy that loved her more than a best friend. Not like he ever admitted it though.

--- One Year Later ----

“On three” Hoseok furrowed his brows, his expression turning serious as he glanced outside the window, waiting for his unsuspecting victims to arrive back at the dorm, the sound of her giggles being the highlight of his life, of his career.

“You’re going to die Hoseok” she explained, but that didn’t stop her from glancing outside of the window herself, her eyes growing large when spotting their prey. “They’re here!” She squalled, using the back of her hand to suppress the laughter that wished to flood his senses and leave him clueless and a fool. “Push the button!” Her hand touched his chest, and for a minute, Jung Hoseok forgot how to breathe.

“Yah!” Yoongi’s voice was the first to be heard when the sprinklers went into action, no doubt soaking the six members instantly, several other curses and profanities being yelled until hearing the front door opening and slamming shut.

“Think that they know it was us?” Hoseok pondered, braving another glance outside to see the results of their effortless prank, alarmed to come in direct eyes contact with no other than Min Yoongi, who strategically waited across the street for the culprits to take a glance. “Oh no…”

“I wanna see” she whispered, pulling herself onto the window ledge and instantly finding the threat. Yet when a smile lined her lips and her hand reached to wave at the male standing below, Hoseok pondered how any human being could stay mad at such a precious sight.

Sadly, for them however, Min Yoongi was not a human being and instead an android, fueled by laziness and anger, and he did not return the smile. “We are so dead” she hummed between the large toothy smile, her hand still waving as a way of surrender “so if we don’t make it… Know that I love you buddy.”

If only she knew what those words did to his heart, how they sung melodies of heaven that put him in a tranquil state of peace. If only she knew, how much he wanted to speak those words to her, but with a kiss instead of a flick against her forehead and a playful nudge. Would she continue to say those beautiful words, or would they fall forever silent?

“I’m glad you came back” he offered instead, watching her eyes light up his world, his heart begging to be met with her own.

“I missed you to much to stay away dork” she always , but she wasn’t inaccurate. She made a dork out of him, a fool to be exact. He’d do just about anything to keep her at his side forever, being friends was enough for him.

Until it wasn’t.