Namjoon (RM)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

(( SO dang precious. I just adore the crap out of this man. #BiasWrecker Credit of gif to rightful owner ))

 

“Namjoon, stop it” she whined as she felt his finger poke into her side, causing her to jump every single time. “I’m serious Namjoon, stop” she complained once more, only to be poked twice more. “I’m going to kick your a…”

“Okay okay, you win I’m done” his giggling had finally gained voice behind it as her eyes roamed towards the chuckling male. “You look so mad right now!” He blurted out, covering his laughing with the back of his hand to his lips.

“Yeah yeah” she cooed, sending a soft push towards Namjoon, yet he didn’t even seem phased by the effort and instead sent another flying finger towards her ribs, causing a soft squeak to illuminate the room.

~*~*~*~

“Do you have training tomorrow” she asked, even though she assumed the answer, just hoping that for once she was wrong and she could steal her best friend for the night.

“Of course, but why do you ask?” He smiled and for a moment she could have forgotten that his answer had upset her, her eyes quick to look away and instead focus on the food.

“A new horror film is out, I want to watch it…” she began, not alarmed when his smile grew even brighter, putting more emphasis on those darn dimples.

“Awe, you scared to watch it alone?” He teased, sending a finger towards her ribs causing her to jump and let out a small whine. “I’ll come over afterwards if your mom's okay with it” leaning himself closer, her eyes widened at the words that left his lips in a soft whisper “I might stink though…”

“Namjoon” she whined, playfully landing a slap on his chest which in return he rewarded her with the sound of his beautiful laughter.

~*~*~*~

“Got work tomorrow?” He was the first to ask which made her raise an eyebrow at the male, studying him carefully for whatever trick he was trying to pull.

“Yes, and you got training…” she responded despite the uneasy feeling that settled in her stomach, his sigh only showing disappointment instead of entertainment “why?”

“It’s my band’s debut… Was hoping to invite you…” he seemed genuinely upset which made her frown in return, hating to see him so beat up over something he should have been happy about.

“I can find someone to cover my shift…” She began but was quickly interrupted by a strong pair of arms wrapping around her pulling her into an unbearably tight embrace.

“Please, please, please. I would love you forever if you came. It would mean a lot to have you there for support” he continued on and on, never guessing how much those words meant to her, and what meaning behind them she wished they had.

“I’ll be there... “she whispered, for it was all she was able to produce from the tight hug, Namjoon’s eyes widened as he finally set her down on the ground, rubbing the back of his neck with an apologetic smile.

~*~*~*~

“I feel like we haven’t talked in years…” His voice through the phone sounded exhausted even though she couldn’t see him to confirm her suspicions.

“Only about four months... Not like I was counting...” Yet she was, because those days with him gone felt like years, and seconds turned into minutes without his smile around all day.

“You sounded like you were” his voice interrupted her thoughts and she felt guilty for even bringing it up, knowing he’s been extremely busy with his band and the leadership role he was given.

“I’m sorry” she managed to spit out despite the pain that flew through her chest, managing to stumble out the words that she had been longing to say to him “I just miss you like crazy... I feel so alone without you...”

“____” he spoke her name softly, as though at a loss of words but then quickly brightened up in his tone “I promise that when I come back home I’ll set a day aside just for you. We can watch the newest horror film, just us two…”

“Promise?” she asked suspiciously.

“Promise.”

~*~*~*~

It was amazing how quickly promises faded when your schedule blew up from every once and awhile to an everyday something new. She could have forgiven him for forgetting about his promise, but he didn’t even call while he was at home, nor did he visit. Something inside of her awoken that day, and realization of chasing a dream finally set in as she stared at the television, watching his smile on the screen.

“I missed you…” She spoke as though he could hear her, alarmed when his eyes turned towards the camera, his dimples showing proud and strong on his smiling face “but you don’t even think of me…” she admitted after a while of staring, finally finding the strength to turn off the television and head towards bed, knowing tomorrow would be a brighter day.

Yet that brighter day never came, starting with the storm that heavily raged its wrath against the city. Elders fled the streets to find shelter, whilst the children ran to come play in the heavy pour, thankful for the rain after such a long draught. It was amazing how quickly time seemed to pass by for those around, yet seemed to stand still every time she looked around. She hated it, this feeling within her chest and this constant sorrow she couldn’t shake.

“Oma” she whispered towards the sky, wondering if her mother could see just how pathetic she felt standing under the cold rains, hair drenched, and jeans soaked “why do I still love him so much?”

~*~*~*~

“____” she heard her name being called by a familiar voice, her eyes widening as she turned around to see Namjoon, any doubt that clouded her head before quickly withering away with the winds.

“Namjoon?” She almost couldn’t believe that he was standing there, and as she stood to go and greet him, she felt her heart shatter when a female suddenly appeared at his side, sending a smiling wave in her direction.

“This is T, T this is ____” he introduced, never noticing the girl that was suddenly breaking before him, because her smile would prove otherwise as she reached to shake her hand, envious of the time she got to spend with the man she adored so much.

“I heard so much about you” she finally spoke out after a long moment of silence, her heart breaking even further into pieces as she simply nodded and instead focused her attention back towards Namjoon.

“Congrats on the award” she tried to speak, yet her voice didn’t sound like her own and something within Namjoon’s eyes had changed.

~*~ His POV ~*~

“Congrats on the award” her voice sounded so broken, so painful, and her lips smiled but her eyes said different, noting she avoided my eye contact and instead focused her attention on T once more.

“It was a pleasure to meet you” her voice seemed stronger, but I wasn’t a fool, I was missing something that couldn’t be seen, she was hiding something from me. “I have to get back to work though, so please excuse me” I watched helplessly as she turned about, not even bothering to give me a hug like she normally would, and instead simply walked back towards the children, the kids eagerly accepting her back.

“I thought you said that she’d be excited to see you again?” T spoke out, bringing my eyes from ___ to herself.

“I thought she would… She was my best friend growing up...” I expressed, alarmed when an elbow came flying in my ribs.

“You love her don’t you!?” T nearly screamed, causing my hand to cover quickly, yet that didn’t stop the sudden heat that quickly pulled at my cheeks. “O..M..G You do!” She muffled into my hand.

“I used too...” I corrected quickly, my eyes falling back to the woman I have dreamed about since we were small “but I think things have changed since then. She didn’t seem very excited to see me...”

~*~*~*~

“Wow, you look handsome” she spoke out in the crowd as she approached the much taller male, a smile quickly taking hold of her lips. “How are you feeling?”

“Better now that you arrived, I didn’t think you could make it” he expressed, pulling her into a hug and introducing her to all the members, them all smiling as though they knew her or something, but she figured it was only because of Namjoon.

“Didn’t think I could make it either, took us forever to find a parking spot” she admitted, shaking the last hand of the members.

“Us?” Her eyes quickly went back towards Namjoon at the sudden question.

“Yes, us. Hope you don’t mind but I kind of brought…”

“Noona” a male could be heard complaining from behind the large group, an exhausted boy presenting himself “that took me ages. You’re lucky I’m such a great and handsome guy” the boy joked out, earning himself a playful slap towards the chest.

“Pabo, if it wasn’t for you running behind all morning, we would have been the first to arrive” she scolded before realizing that she needed to do introductions. “Namjoon, this is Taeho, Tae, this is Namjoon” she quickly introduced the rest of the members, many of them having to correct her on their names, but they didn’t seem to mind as Tae fit right in with the rest of them, leaving her and Namjoon to stand alone once more.

“Where’d you find him?” She could sense something different in his voice, her eyes quickly scanning the male who didn’t seem to be smiling any longer.

“Awe don’t be giving me that look, you’re still my best friend” she explained but was alarmed when his smile didn’t return, but instead a roll of the eyes had come and he was quick to leave her standing alone in a crowd of unfamiliar faces.

~*~ His POV ~*~

“You know I gotta say, I envy you” Taeho suddenly spoke as his eyes casted upon ____, making the jealous feeling suddenly come back.

“Why?” I asked wide eyed, following his line of sight to see her talking with the other members, Jungkook infatuated with the older girl.

“She only looks at you even though you are never there to look at” he admitted which made my heart suddenly race within my chest “sure she may deny it, but I found the truth tonight...”

“Aren’t you her boyfriend?” I asked, feeling that I rushed to assumptions when he suddenly busted out laughing, as though I made some kind of joke.

“Pfft, I’m her student and she only tagged me along because she couldn’t drive. She claims she’s tired, but I could see that she was nervous about seeing you. She always gets that way with every empty promise you speak to her. Working her up only to let her down and still she only looks at something that isn’t there” Taeho was being harsh, and I could feel the venom in his voice with each word produced.

“She never told me…”

“She shouldn’t have to tell you, you’re her best friend right, the man who knew everything about her and could read her like a book” it was obvious that she often spoke of me just by the way he spoke the words. “I’m not saying to stop everything for her, but I am warning you this. If you don’t chase, someone else will and eventually she’s bound to get caught. Just look at your members…”

I blinked a few times before settling my attention back towards the group and ____, her being the center of attention and a smile on every pair of lips within the circle. It was obvious, she was a great catch and easily likable, I knew that from the start, yet I always felt wrong for feeling such a way, considering I could never give her the attention she deserved.

~*~*~*~

“I want to watch a romance tonight” he stated which made her eyes widen and her jaw drop, her hand quickly reaching up to feel at his head for a fever.

“You sick or something?” She asked, even more shocked when he shook his head no and continued to smile, that smile still making her heart race after all these years. “Did you eat a bad egg?” She couldn’t help but to wonder what suddenly changed in the male from his thrilling adventure to a boring romance.

“No” he audibly responded this time, pulling her hand from his head and instead entangling his fingers within hers, something about the small action making her cheeks shine a red hue. “I simply want to watch a romance tonight” he spoke the words and before she could respond, he would pull her hand and begin walking, ensuring that his fingers stayed laced with hers.

~*~*~*~

“That was officially the worst movie you have chosen yet” she spoke after the movie had ended, surprised that she was able to stay awake during the whole film, wiggling herself within his hold to face him.

She was in complete shock to turn and see the sleeping figure, feeling betrayed that she had to endure the movie alone, yet she could never stay mad as her eyes studied his features. Everything about him drew her in, from the way his eyebrow furrowed in his sleep, to the way his lips were curved so beautifully that one could only wonder how soft they felt. Reaching her fingers up to run them over his lips, she couldn’t help the smile that grew along her own set, her heart pounding in her chest.

“I love you” she froze in place as the words echoed in her ears, her eyes widening at the sleeping figure, wondering if her mind was simply playing tricks.

“What did you say?” She asked, yet only silence would answer her question, and her heart couldn’t be contained any longer. She knew what she heard, and she was damned if he wasn’t going to confess again. “Kim Namjoon” she decided to use his full name, not surprised when his eyes fluttered to an open “what did you say?”

“I said” his hand reached up to grab hers, pulling her fingers from his lips only for his other hand to reach for her jaw, holding it in place “that” he whispered so softly, bringing his face closer “I love” she could feel his breath hit her cheeks, and she couldn’t hold it back anymore.

“I love you too” she spoke quickly before closing the small distance between their lips, finally able to feel those soft lips pressed against hers. He was even more intoxicating at this distance, his scent strong yet his lips moved so softly against her own, the hand holding her jaw reaching further up to cup her cheek, pulling her impossibly closer.

So many years of hidden feelings from both ends were released at that very moment, the fears and insecurities they held onto slipping away from their minds. From the way she laid perfectly in his arms, to the way he held onto the back of her neck, everything was completely perfect, and was better than what they could have dreamed. This moment, was worth every second that turned into minutes, every hour that turned into days, and every month that eventually became years.

Love was timeless.