Jiminie (Featuring: Jungkook)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

(( This story was requested by ParkJimins_TinyWifey, Thank you so much for the creative thought and helping me along with the ideas! I really enjoyed writing this one out, and look forward to more! Thanks again! I hope you enjoy it!! ))

“I just want to go ice skating” Laura whispered with a saddened frown, causing his once soft smile to quickly leave his lips, his hand running through his long blonde hair as though in contemplation of what to do. It wasn’t that he didn’t wish to go with her, but Laura needed rest inside a warm cozy house, not outside in the blistering cold where she could fall and hurt herself. He hated being tied between what should be done, and what he wanted to do.

Jimin would happily do anything for Laura without question, it wasn’t like she demanded it, but he desired her happiness, and thus when she asked, he obliged. This was different however, for it was only days ago did she get released from the hospital after a complicated heart surgery, and her health was on the line. He was willing to put himself at stake for her happiness, but he would stand his ground when it came to her health and wellbeing, a smile coming towards his lips once more while offering her a soft small peck on the forehead.

“Wait until after the holidays, and I’ll take you as much your heart desires. It’s to crowded right now” he lied, it wasn’t the reason he didn’t wish to go, but he also didn’t wish to put the blame on her, it would only make things worse. “Besides, the media could find out, and my schedule is getting busy” another excuse that left his lips, if only to comfort her wishes.

“Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?” Laura asked instead, causing his eyes to widen, not believing the words that left her lips, his hands quick to grab at his phone, pulling her close and clicking a picture, the sound of the shutters indicating his actions. “What are you doing?” She asked with suspicious eyes.

“Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas with my girlfriend” he answered as his thumbs worked the page of his social media, proving that being seen with her was perfectly fine, allowing her fears to ease even if only for a short while.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

“Hyung, why doesn’t he just take her” Jungkook’s tongue prodded his cheek in annoyance at the scene before him, not understanding why Jimin was being so cruel towards his girlfriend. It wasn’t as though she asked him for a million won, she simply wanted to go ice skating, and there were plenty of lakes that were isolated that could be good for ice skating. They didn’t have to go somewhere public.

“He has his reasons” Hoseok sounded however his attention still lingered towards the horror film on the screen, his sweater pulled to his nose, enabling him to cover his eyes when the time is needed. “Why are you asking me?”

“Hyung you know why” Jungkook answered with a sigh, allowing frantic eyes to fall within his direction, a look of disappointment matching both men. “I don’t understand, I would do anything for her.”

“Does she know that” Hobi asked suspiciously bringing wide eyes in his direction “I’m taking that as a no. Maybe you should tell her? It’s not right to keep secrets from someone you care for.”

“Don’t you say anything or you’ll end up in the next horror film” Jungkook threatened, his attention falling back towards the older male, watching in amusement as his eyes flickered towards the television, and much to his horror, the first murder was taking place, forcing his sweater to lift up and cover his innocent eyes.

“Yah!” He yelled out in a mix fit of horror and anger, knowing the younger member was laughing for the soft cackles could be heard through the room. “You’re horrible to your Hyung” Hobi whined playfully, allowing his sweater to fall to reveal his pouted lip.

~*~*~*~

“Can we go tonight? I walked past on the way here, it wasn’t that busy” Laura spoke as she entered the dorm, not containing the large smile that crossed her lips. It wasn’t as though she only enjoyed the activity, but more so the best memories of her childhood being relived with the person she planned on spending her future with, meant much more to her than any material item could offer.

“I don’t have time today but” Jimin began and his heart broke the moment her smile began to fade, his own smile quick to convey the emotion “I did rent out some movies for the night if you wanted to stay over?”

“Okay…” She spoke softly, clearly not as excited with the thought as Jimin was, however knew well how busy his schedule was becoming, and learning that her patience was often rewarded with affection and adoration. “I really want to go though…” She couldn’t allow her disappointment to ease even though she tried, watching as his smile faltered for a second.

“When I come back from my meetings, I promise I’ll take you as many times as you want” Jimin offered, his hands quickly entangling within her hair as he pulled her body closer, his lips softly brushing at her forehead. “I promise Laura, but please be patient until then. For me?”

It broke his heart to deny her the one thing she had asked for Christmas, however he knew it was only for her well-being. He couldn’t allow her to risk her health, for it was of the upmost importance to him, considering he knew he would lose his life the moment he caused harm to her. With these thoughts in mind, he stayed strong and settled for the movies she picked out, regardless of how much he detested them, he smiled and enjoyed them nonetheless.

She awoke alone within the large bed, her arm draped around a pillow causing her eyes to become alert as she searched the room. It was then did she find a decorative pink note along the alarm clock, a soft smile taking her lips as she picked it up and began to read. ‘Off to work, see you tomorrow! Love you so much! Be safe and stay strong!’ his words sang to her, allowing forgiveness for not waking her up to quickly pull at her heart.

Heading into the main room, she was surprised to see Jungkook laying upon the couch, his eyes busy with the device within his hands. Feeling a little rebellious, she would tip toe towards him in hopes of scaring him, however was alarmed when his voice rang a high pitch scream, causing her to stumble back and clench her heart. Giving him a death glare, she wasn’t surprised when his eyes fell accusingly towards her, a smirk against his lips in a taunting manner.

“Ya! Jungkook!!!”

“You have to try harder than that” Jungkook teased before turning off the device and instead sat himself properly, flipping the button on the remote. “I’m responsible for you today” he spoke with his attention still towards the guide on the television “which means we are going to get in trouble by the end of the day. So what should we do first?”

“We should go ice skating” Laura spoke with innocence as she smiled sweetly, alarmed at the glum grin that took the youngers lips.

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

“Promise to take care of her, she’s still healing” Jimin spoke in a desperate manner, and Jungkook understood it was because his schedule was so busy that he couldn’t be there to help her every day like he normally would. “She really enjoys your company, so don’t hide in your room all day playing video games” Jimin scolded, his hand tightening around the strap that clung to his shoulder.

“You act as though I always ignore her” Jungkook sighed heavily, alarmed at the serious face that took over Jimin’s expression.

“I act as though you two get in trouble every single time you are together” Jimin spoke frantically, a soft sigh leaving his lips. “One more thing Kookie” he spoke softly this time, his hand running the back of his hand in a nervous fashion “she really is still recovering so please keep her inside. She’s going to ask to go ice skating, but you have to tell her no.”

“I can’t do that” Jungkook would have been lying if he said it wouldn’t be a problem, considering he held a rather large soft spot for Laura. “How do you expect me to do that?”

“If you care about her the way I think you do” Jimin began, placing his hand on the maknaes shoulder and patting it softly “you’ll keep her safe. I trust you.”

Jimin felt as though he was handing over his world, as he headed outside the door, giving the younger member one last glance. Jungkook could feel the weight on his shoulders, could feel the pressure of his Hyung’s respect and trust, and it was times like these that he reminded himself why he never explained to Laura how he felt. He could deal with hiding a crush from a girl, he could move on from her, but he could never remove the guilt that would line his entire being if he were to betray someone who trusted him.

“We should go ice skating” her voice pulled him from his memories as he nodded a few times, a soft sigh taking his lips as he directed his controller towards her, her eyes growing large as more disappointment lined them.

“Let’s play games instead. I’m tired and I feel like I have a cold coming on” Jungkook lied, alarmed when a hand came towards his head, making him gasp slightly from the action.

“Aw come on Kookie” she pouted and he could feel his heart shattering, his eyes quick to look away from her “I really want to go ice skating, it’s the only thing I’m asking for” Laura pouted heavily, her fingers pushing his jaw in order to force his eyes on her. “It’s all I want for Christmas Kookie…”

“Speaking of Christmas” he was able to distract the conversation, and he was thankful for buying her a gift, if not only for her reaction, but for this conversation at hand “I got you something, but you have to beat me up the stairs to get it” he spoke quickly before dashing up the stairs, leaving a stumbling Laura following his tracks.

~*~*~*~*~

“It’s beautiful” Laura whispered as her lips curled into a smile, her fingers brushing softly against the knitted fabric of the doll, her eyes observing the glassy blue eyes that stared back “thank you… this really means a lot.”

“I noticed you didn’t have her in the collection…” he whispered back, his eyes observing the girl before him more than they were observing the doll in her hand “and when I saw her, I had to get her.”

Of course he would never admit just how hard he had searched for a doll that he had never seen before, and how much time it actually consumed. None of it mattered at the time, for the smile that lined Laura’s lips was plenty enough of a reward for him, his own smile becoming brighter. Watching with pride as she hugged the doll, his mouth quickly dropped the moment her words hit his ear in a playful manner, her pout being too sweet to resist.

“I bet she would take me ice skating.”

“Hey now, don’t do this to me” he whispered softly, his heart and mind arguing within his chest as he forced himself to look away, his tongue softly prodding at his cheek, his signature move of indecision.

“What? I was only making a statement” Laura responded as she rid of the pout and instead smiled towards the younger member.

~*~*~*~*~

He didn’t understand how he ended up watching her twirl gracefully around him, the sound of the skates scrapping the frozen lake below them being the only sound in the area. He knew he would get in trouble for doing it, knew that Jimin specifically asked him not to do it, yet he couldn’t stop himself from grinning every time her eyes fell towards him. He understood that she was still recovering, however she never looked so beautiful as she did when they had arrived, and she hit the ice.

“We should probably head back” he spoke after looking towards his phone, noting that one hour magically turned into three and that the sun was beginning to set in the distance.

“Awe why? You haven’t even really skated” Laura huffed, bringing her scarf closer towards her lips in order to bring warmth back towards them, and he swore she did in order to look more adorable.

“It’s getting late, and we’ve been out for hours” he answered before beginning his way towards the land “aren’t you hungry?”

“Nope” Laura spoke quickly as she twirled around once more, hinting that she wasn’t finished with enjoying the ice, however she knew Jungkook wouldn’t wait forever, and if she didn’t go now, he would leave her alone and then she would be stranded. “I am cold though” she admitted playfully as she too began her way back towards the land, never spotting the crack within the ice, not until it shattered from under her and dragged her under the over baring ice.

“Laura!?” His heart sank the moment he heard the water splashing, turning himself around to see nothing but ice in the distance. He knew what had happened as he frantically skated towards the lake, thankful when she managed to break through and come up for a gasp of air. He couldn’t breathe as he pulled her from the water, ice quick to cling at her hair as her lips burned a brilliant shade of blue, his breathing becoming rasp as he pulled her closer, ignoring the cold that instantly stung at his flesh.

“I’m so sorry” tears quickly fell down his face as he struggled to pull her towards the land, the car already started and warming up, hopefully being enough to prevent damage. Once inside, he realized how much ice clung to her, her shivering body making his heart ache in despair, his tears drenching his face as his words lumped in his throat until his apologies were silent gasps and sobs.

~*~*~*~*~

He didn’t feel comforted as he held her in his arms, his chest pressed firmly against her back which was covered in his shirt. She claimed to have been alright, however he only felt fear when she had fallen asleep, his only comfort being the rising and falling of her chest with each breath she drew in. At that moment, he hated himself more than he hated anything, felt unworthy of ever being trusted again, and the pain was too much to handle as his tears continued to drip into her now dried hair.

“What are you doing?” Jimin’s voice pulled his attention as his eyes went towards the door, yet he didn’t need to voice anything for Jimin to know that something awful had indeed happened. The horror and guilt on his face was a dead give away without verbal answers. “What happened?” He could tell that Jimin was trying to maintain his composure, and it only made the guilt worse.

“I took her ice skating” Jungkook whispered shamelessly, his eyes looking away from the man who had trusted him, the man who he had let down by being selfish.

“And…?” Jimin was becoming impatient, and Jungkook couldn’t blame it.

“She fell through the ice” Jungkook spoke in-between sobs, the silence that took over the room becoming so tense that it could be cut with a knife. “I didn’t mean too Hyung, I didn’t…”

“Shut up and get up” Jimin spoke harshly, his voice husky and full of venom making Jungkook nod as he stood himself from the bed and ensured the large covers stayed in place. “Don’t come close to me” Jimin warned, clearly his anger was spiked and he was holding back, yet Jungkook couldn’t stand the guilt.

“Hyung please” he went to stretch his arms and hug the older male, however was alarmed when a stinging pain stuck to his jaw, making him stumble back and grab onto the throbbing area.

“Get out of here Jungkook” Jimin warned once again, however Jungkook couldn’t take it anymore, feeling the blame was just as much on Jimin as it was on him.

“This wouldn’t have happened if you just took her you know?” Jungkook spat without much thought, causing angered eyes to widen and fall on him instantly. “If you would have just taken the time to take her out, I wouldn’t have had to do it! It’s your fault too!”

“How dare you!? I trusted you Jungkook! I trusted you with my world and you literally almost got her killed. Now you want to blame me? Are you naïve?” Jimin yelled back, not aware of the eyes that fluttered open from her slumber, watching in horror as the two men she cared for fought tirelessly with one another, her heart breaking at the guilt that lined her, knowing that he was the only person to blame.

“No but I care enough about her to actually get her what she wanted for Christmas, could you say the same!?” Jungkook spat back, their faces becoming closer in distance, blinding them to the girl who tried desperately to stand up, considering her voice wouldn’t cooperate, being too dry to speak.

“You almost got her killed JUNGKOOK!” Jimin couldn’t be contained anymore as his hands balled into fist, Jungkook flinching slightly expecting the pain that was sure to come, however both men’s attention was pulled when Hoseok suddenly stepped into the room, his eyes immediately falling onto Laura.

“She’s not breathing!” Hobi panicked, bringing their argument to a complete end, all focus going towards the unconscious female.

~*~*~*~*~

“Hyung… go sleep” Jungkook’s voice penetrated through silent thoughts, bringing red eyes to stare at the younger member, knowing well that he spoke the words out of concern, yet his desire to sleep had been ripped away since arriving at the hospital.

“Thanks, but I’ll stay here” Jimin spoke softly, watching as Hobi and Namjoon left the room, allowing him his privacy with her once more.

He had long forgotten the fight with Jungkook, and blamed nobody but himself for the whole accident for he was the one who doubted her strength. He was the one who made the mistake of denying her happiness, and he was the one who should have been at her side while ice skating. He realized that fighting was trivial, and it only spread more pain and hate, not helping mend the wounds, but creating larger ones.

Entering the room for the nth time today, his eyes would fall softly towards the sleeping figure, and it took his entire strength to choke back the tears that still threatened to leave. It had been almost a week since she lost consciousness and while the doctors had little hope, he held a ray of it knowing now that she was much stronger than she appeared. He hated himself for not realizing it sooner, but would learn from his mistakes and instead prosper from them, learning much more as time allowed, his hand softly falling into her limp ones.

“Laura…” He whispered as though she were awake, and he didn’t know if she could hear him or not, but he knew that he had to try. “Do you know how angry I was that Jungkook brought you a doll? I brought you one too, and the same kind too” he continued his conversation, almost hearing her soothing voice telling him that she loved both dolls the same, regardless of if they were similar. “I wanted to argue with him, but I realized that it didn’t matter. He was only trying to make you happy by getting what you wanted, something that I failed to do.”

He could see her smile turn into a pout, yet his eyes stayed locked on the lifeless lips that took her face, reality and illusion becoming one in his exhausted mind. He missed her smile…

“I won’t fail anymore though, I won’t fail you” his voice was becoming hoarse as small drips fell from his eyes, his hand tightening around the hand that wouldn’t hold him back. “I’ll take you ice skating when you ask” he whispered as he sat himself on the side of the bed, his fingers playing in her hair that lost the bounce it once had. “I’ll spend my last penny on the doll in the window…” he expressed through gritted teeth, his eyes falling towards a close.

“I’ll switch places with you” he barely made the words audible as he in a suffocating breath, feeling his throat closing in as he tried to swallow back his shameless tears. “Just please wake up… Wake up for me. I can’t live without seeing your smile. You can’t leave me like this…”

~*~ 2 Weeks in the Hospital ~*~

“I’m losing my mind without you” Jimin whispered softly as he laid on the bed, his head resting softly against her own and her head pillowed by his shoulder. “I asked Namjoon for advice… but he doesn’t seem to have the right answers that you do” he admitted with a soft sigh, his hand fiddling with the ring that lined his pocket. “It’s kind of annoying” he voiced without much thought, the one-sided conversation becoming an everyday habit.

“Jungkook confessed to you. Did you hear him?” Jimin spoke and surprisingly his voice was calm despite the anger her felt towards the action. “He was really sincere, didn’t know I was listening… I feel bad for spying” He could almost feel her hand biffing him for his rude behavior, scolding him for invading their privacy, but lifeless motion was his only response, the tears just as silent as they climbed down his jaw, staining his eyes once again today.

He would have given anything to hear her yell at him.

~*~ 17 Days in the Hospital ~*~

“They want to cut you off” Jimin spoke in-between sobs, speaking the words bringing a new sensation of reality towards his already bruised heart. “They said the machines are the only thing keeping you alive…” Jimin couldn’t contain himself anymore as silent sobs collided with voice, his hands shaking as he held her warm ones tightly. “Is that true Jagi, are you done fighting?” He asked, anger capturing him when silence answered, his eyes growing wide as he stared at the machines that supposedly kept his lover alive.

“SHE WAS JUST GIVEN THIS CHANCE!” He yelled this time as his fist flew into the wall, blood spewing from his know swelling knuckles. “WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT AWAY!?” He was yelling at the doctors that weren’t even there to hear them, alarmed when arms flew around him and pulled him into a warm and tight embrace, his tears quick to be captured by Hoseok’s shirt as he released them without remorse.

“Why do the people I love the most, hurt the worse?” Jimin asked his Hyung as he calmed down, his tears being relentless as he struggled to breathe.

~*~ 19 Days in Hospital ~*~

“They are pulling you tomorrow” he explained as his thumb lined circles into her palms, his face nestled into the warmth of her neck, breathing in the scent that would forever be in his thoughts. “You don’t even have a chance to say anything….” That’s what hurt him the most, is that she couldn’t even voice her opinion on the deal that was made between the doctors and her parents. “Do you wish to leave?” He asked softly, praying that a response would come only silence produced from motionless lips.

“Would you have married me?” He asked instead, pulling out the ring he planned to give her. Ironically, he was going to propose on Christmas, the same day that she had been stolen from him, the image of her blue lips scaring his mind and memories forever. “It would have been a small wedding, just as you wanted it” he continued with a smile, despite the tears that still claimed him, sliding the ring onto her finger and pondering if she would have even answered yes.

He didn’t know if she had loved him more, or Jungkook, but he did know that he loved her the most, that she was the only woman he would ever need. The fact that she couldn’t answer was devastating as he pulled the ring off, unsure if she would have even wanted it in the first place. For all he knew, Jungkook could have stolen her heart, giving her what she wanted where he had failed to bring happiness to her during the holidays.

“How am I supposed to live without you?” He questioned silently, his lips falling towards her lips for a soft and meaningful kiss.

~*~ Death Date ~*~

He couldn’t say a word as he stared at her motionless body, the machines being the only reason why her chest raised and fell, her strong heartbeat mocking him for his doubt. He could hear everyone whispering their goodbyes, knew that his time to say his farewell was coming to a close, the doctor’s beginning to chase away those who didn’t belong there. Only her parents were allowed to stay, and soon he found himself being ushered from the room, his heart shattering within his chest as he stared helplessly.

“You can’t be this selfish!” He yelled suddenly, and it only caused more tears to fall from everyone’s eyes, obviously bringing more pain to those who held her close. “I can’t live until I know you still love me! I can’t go on without knowing you still want me in your life! You need to wake up now!” He continued to yell, even when the security came to pull him from the room, his eyes never leaving the motionless female on the bed.

She looked like the doll at that moment, her beautiful hair wrapping to her body, her eyes softly closed as though in a peaceful slumber. She looked fragile and unique, just like every single doll that lined her shelves at home. He wished that her eyes would open, would glance at him one last time, but when the officers managed to usher him from the room, he knew that he would never have the chance to tell her how much she meant to him again. Would never be privileged with her embrace again, his body being forever ice even in the hottest summer.

“I love you!!!” He screamed in the waiting room, falling towards his knees as he felt himself shattering into a million pieces, Park Jimin dying just as much as Lu Laura was. Without her, he was nothing. Without her, he was worthless. Without her, he lacked meaning. Without her, he had no purpose. Without her, he was not motivated. How could he possibly hope to continue… without her?

~*~ 1 Years Later ~*~

“You look so beautiful” he whispered as he took her hand from her fathers, sending a charming smile towards the elder man to ensure him that he right to trust him with her hand.

“Shut up” Laura voiced as she climbed the two stairs, a crimson blush taking her cheeks before centering herself before the pasture, her eyes never leaving the man who wore a simple tux, but never did look so handsome. “You look handsome” she admitted, and was waiting for his answer, but was silenced when the pasture began with the ceremony.

She remembered the moment she had woken up from her slumber, seeing him on the floor of the waiting room, crumbled into a ball. She relived that moment several times and no matter how much she tried, the image forever stained her thoughts. She had never seen him become so depleted of life, and it proved to her that she meant much more than he allowed her to think.

“I do” she spoke the words, a smile quick to take her lips.

He would never forget how relieved he was when feeling her arms wrap around him that night, her soft sobs being the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. He didn’t hesitate to ask her this time, for he was confident that he wanted to spent the rest of his life with her, and so the proposal that was once dreaded, was spat out within seconds. Her smile at that moment would have made the angels envious for they couldn’t hope to compare to her beauty.

“I do” he repeated, his eyes never leaving hers as he took a step forward, anxiously awaiting the words that would seal them into an eternal promise, one he couldn’t wait to begin.

“I know pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride” the pasture spoke, and within seconds, his lips would be crushed onto her own, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

“What should we do for the honeymoon?” Jimin asked with a erted smirk, his eyes widening when a smirk of her own appeared.

“Let’s go ice skating” she teased, however was alarmed when his smile didn’t falter but instead shined brighter than before.

“We can do that.”