Seokjin (Jin)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

(( I do not own the gif. Credit to rightful owner.))

 

They say that in every relationship, there is always one who loves the other more. Kim Seokjin never made sense of those words, and honestly believed that love was an equal understanding of emotions, which should be felt equally to both parties. He solely believed that when one began to lose such emotion, then the two should become separate in order to prevent serious heartache at the end of their road that would eventually split away from one another in the future. 

 

Yet as he found himself within the kitchen with his girlfriend of four years, he couldn’t find the courage to mutter out the words he so desperately wished to speak. Did he love her? Of course he did, he just didn’t love her as strongly as he had when they first began to talk to one another. She wasn’t the same girl whom he fell in love with, she was someone else who now stared at the finished dessert she had just made, her smile not being nearly as sincere as it once was when she had first accomplished her pastries. 

 

“Something wrong?” He asked softly, wrapping his arms around her waist as he pressed his chest towards her back, watching as her smile turned into a frown as she turned herself around, wrapping her arms around his neck and resting her head upon his chest.

 

“We should break up” she whispered softly, and hated when feeling his body stiffen under her, not needing to look up to know that his eyes were wide with concern and probably unintentionally, relief.

 

She hated knowing that he was slowly drifting away from her, it hurt more and more with each passing month that dragged by. His time off was no longer spent at her house but instead at the dorms where he complained of being tired. His text messages that were once every chance he had, were becoming one a day until they slowly became once a week. She wasn’t blind to the sudden distance in their relationship, she just never could find the courage to actually speak the words, not until watching him from the corner of the kitchen, his attention on the videos that streamed through his phone opposed to on the plate they were suppose to make together.

 

She had selfishly hoped that by spending time with one another, she could close the gap that suddenly took way between them, but it seemed it did just the opposite. It was beyond obvious that the strong bond was becoming severed, and that he was no longer happy to be in her presence, that he only invited her over out of guilt. Luckily for him however, she was a kind being and would allow him to leave her, despite the fact that it destroyed her completely, knowing she’d never truly forgive him for being so perfect.

 

“Why?” He asked instead and it made her heart break into a million more pieces as she allowed her arms to fall from his frame and her eyes to meet his own.

 

“I don’t feel the same way I used too” she whispered softly before picking up her purse and heading towards the dorm, knowing he wouldn’t chase her, yet she desperately wished that he would. “It’s best to not keep in contact, but if you ever need anything…”

 

“You can call me” he finished her statement as he watched her leave, knowing that she never would call him, knowing that she was breaking despite that she was the one to leave him yet he couldn’t find the strength to chase after her, knowing it would only hurt her more.

 

~*~ Weeks Later ~*~

 

Seokjin was confused as he laid in the comforts of his bed, his eyes watching the video for what must have been the hundredth time since she left him. He didn’t understand where the distance had come from, or why he suddenly lost interest, for when he watched the video, he found himself falling in love all over again. It was nothing special, it was simply her failing at being cute, yet the fact that she failed so miserably was cute in itself, that he could never stop the smile that took his lips each time she puffed out her cheeks to show her annoyance at the attempts.

 

“Seokjin” her voice spoke softly through the phone, and he could never express in words just how much he had missed her voice. “Are you trying to make me look bad?” Her words were meant to be threatening, yet his laughter would take over the clip until it would come to an end, showing that he knew she could never get that mad at him.

 

He missed her understanding when his schedule was busy, missed being able to go to her house and unwind from the extreme conditioning he was forced to do. He desperately missed the comfort she provided him when he was upset at himself for doing horrible during his lessons, or how she made him feel like the most handsome man alive every time he caught her staring at him. He missed the smile that lined her lips every time he would tell a bad joke, or the way she would laugh at how corny he sounded while recited love lines from their favorite movies.

 

He missed her, and he was a fool not to chase her when she left him.

 

Sitting himself up, his hands would reach under his bed in order to pull up a box he had kept there for years, opening the dusty lid in order to look at the contents. Several movies and books lined the box, the things they held in common being all kept in a neat space in case they needed a reminder during a fight, or in case they felt lonely during the busier times. She held the exact same box under her bed, and he pondered slightly if she still held the memories, of if she erased him completely from her life.

 

His eyes would widen when seeing a piece of yellow paper inside, knowing that she must have snuck it in there while he wasn’t looking, for he didn’t recognize it. Opening the paper up slowly, his eyes would read the words written, and it was then did he finally realize his mistakes. She hadn’t changed at all, he was the one who had changed, the one who had distanced himself from her so much, that he honestly believed that she was the one who was making the distance between them.

He realized that he was the one who didn’t always answer his phone or text messages, that he was the one who was becoming distant from her. He now seen her attempts at pulling him back, desperately trying to make things work, and how he failed each attempt she would throw at him. He didn’t understand why he had done such things, perhaps it was out of fear of how much he had loved her, that he couldn’t stand the thought of losing her so instead he subconsciously placed the distance between them. Now? He regretted it heavily and could only silently weep in the room that once was filled with her things, the only thing of hers left was the yellow note that still clung in his clenched hands reading.

‘I’ll forever love you despite our obstacles, because I simply love you more, and nothing will change that.’