Just Tonight

Air Castle // Jinyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4: Just Tonight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I entered the house, I couldn't stop my jaw from dropping at how beautiful it was.

 

"Do you like it?"

 

"It's even better than I imagined. Not that I imagined it a lot or anything," I felt my cheeks heating up from embarrassment, but if JB noticed he didn’t let on.

 

Inside, in the more consistent lighting, I took a better look at his face. He was older, sure, but I was surprised it had taken me as long as it did to recognize him. He had been three grades above me in school, but we met as next door neighbors and we had Korean language classes together. Even in that small town, I found it strange that there weren't more kids on our street to play with, but there weren't. I didn't mind.

 

We passed through the hallway briefly and entered into a lounge. The room was immaculately detailed, and, while the furniture was modern in style, it had an elegant touch as if the room itself could have existed in any time or place, magically. The most interesting part wasn't the room, itself, however, but the two strangers inhabiting it.

 

"Mark hyung, you're reading all the lines wrong." The completely blonde stranger said in an irritated tone as he scooted closer on the sofa to Mark, bouncing up and down with distressed puppy dog eyes.

 

"Sorry, Jackson," said the quiet boy, I presumed to be Mark. He noticed JB in the door frame, but the angle had yet to reveal me to him. "Just be thankful it's me reading lines with you and not JB."

 

"Hey, last time, he wasn't so bad. It's just that sometimes when he starts acting, I can't stop laughing."

 

Mark looked up. "Did you hear that JB? You- Oh, who are you?"

 

"Uhm, hello, my name is Alice. It's nice to meet you."

 

The one named Jackson looked curiously up from the script in his hands before making a clearly shocked expression.

 

"What the heck?,” he screamed, jumping up from the sofa, “How the heck does JB go out with the trash and come back with a pretty girl?"

 

"Seriously, how does he do that?" Mark gestured his hands back and forth between JB and I.

 

"Right?"

 

JB sighed and stepped further into the room, and I followed him in.

 

"Mark, Jackson, this is Alice. We used to be neighbors during elementary school, meaning try to be nice to her, okay?"

 

"Yeah, neighbors," I thought to myself, a little disappointed that I had been introduced only as a neighbor.

 

"That's so cool!" Jackson started, excitedly, ignoring JB’s request, "so I bet you know tons of embarrassing stories, right?"

 

JB leaned over and whispered in my ear, "You can just choose to ignore like 89% of what he says most of the time," he hesitated as Jackson’s face turned in disapproval, “No, scratch that. 99%.”

 

I giggled a little, covering my mouth, and Jackson feigned a shocked expression.

 

"Hey, I thought we banned whispering in this family."

 

"Family?" I asked as JB invited me to sit down in a nearby chair.

 

"Jackson, Mark, and I room here wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter