Chapter Four

Lost in Joseon

I'M REALLY, REALLY, REALLY CONFUSED. First, for an unexplainable reason, I was sent here in Korea. I mean, I'm not complaining, It's my dream country! But to be sent here in the past, in the great kingdom of Joseon, I must be dreaming!

 

     But what really confuses me the most is the revelation that I've learned just a while ago. I met a king, and he's hiding his identity from me. This must just be a pure coincidence, right? For me to be able to time travel back into the past, and meet a king. Yes, yes, this is all just a dream.

 

     And I can't seem to wake up right now.

 

     I closed my eyes and I tried to think about the reason why I was sent here in the first place. Is it because of my addiction to k-drama? Am I going crazy? That's it! I must be hallucinating, creating all these images in my head. It isn't possible to time travel. And it's impossible to communicate with someone you do not share your language with! I keep my eyes closed for quite some time. When I open my eyes, I'm going to be back at my own house. I'm going to see my annoying cousin and brother again. I'm going to hear my mother's nagging for me to stop wasting my time watching k-dramas and anime. I'm going to be back at my room, still searching for a k-drama where the second lead would get the female lead. Yes. That's it.

 

     I keep telling myself those words until I heard something. There was the sound of a door opening. Yes! I must be at my house right now! I told you! I'm just imagining all of this!

 

      "Are you okay?"

 

     Holy , I'm not.

 

     I'm still here. I'm stucked here, in Joseon. And I don't know how to get back at my own time. I finally opened my eyes. The palace guard— no, the king, is not the one in front of me. It was the—

 

     "I'm Eunuch Zhang. I was sent here by his ma— the palace guard to bring you your food. Don't worry. I know about your situation. He told me that you can cure the king." Right. It was that man whom the king was arguing with just a while ago. I rolled my eyes because of his poor act of hiding the king's identity.

 

Eunuch Zhang 

 

     "I know." I said. "You're eunuch Zhang Yixing, right? And that palace guard... He's the king."

 

     "How did you know?" He asked. Confusion can be totally seen on his face. He put the tray of food he was holding in his hands on a nearby table and I could totally hear my stomach growls at the sight of it. Hope he didn't hear it, though.

 

     "I heard you two awhile ago. If you want to hide something from me then you two should have argued in a place where I couldn't hear it. For a king and a eunuch, you guys are stupid." I said in an all-knowingly tone. Yixing doesn't seem to like what I've said. He seems annoyed. 

 

     "Watch your words. I can tolerate the insult you had for me but I won't ignore what you've said about his majesty. You could be put into prison just because of it." He crossed his arms and raised his chin as he looked down on me (Wow, the amount of disrespect! I know that I'm not tall and all, but still! Ugh, being a girl !). Is he trying to intimidate me? I furrowed my brows at him. My gaze suddenly went at the table where he had put my food before. It's not like the table we have back in the future. It's rather low, like the table in those historical k-dramas I have watched before. An idea suddenly popped in my head. 

 

     I immitated eunuch Zhang's act of intimidating me (to which he failed in doing). I also crossed my arms, and I raised my chin while encircling him. His curious eyes followed me and when I saw that I've fully gotten his attention, I walked towards the table and went up to stand on it. Now, he's the one looking up at me and I was looking down on him. Hah! Tall people ! It's now that I've gotten the true meaning of the shorter you are, the closer you are to hell! 

 

     "Well, I'm sorry to tell you this eunuch Zhang but I am not, in any way, threatened with your words. I bet your king has already told you about where I'm from, right? Yes, I'm from the future, 2017 to be exact. A place where you can do anything, and where crimes are rampant anywhere you go. Despite that, it is still a better place because you are free to do anything you want, and even if there are still people who are higher in status than you, they can't do anything to a person below them unless they have rights... but I doubt that. Unlike here where everyone needs to be careful about what they have to say to someone who is higher than them." Wow, that's the longest sentence I've ever said to someone here. Eunuch Zhang glared at me.

 

     "Then I apologize too, young lady from the future, because you are not in the future right now. You are here, at the present time, or the past, in your perspective. You need to follow the rules while you're here. There is a hierarchy in this place. and you need to respect someone who is in higher position than you. Be thankful that the king didn't here you insulting him or else you'll be in prison right now. And be thankful for I wouldn't tell the king about it, either. And please, get down on that table. That was the majesty's favorite."

 

     I gaped at him. I couldn't retort any come back for him so I closed my mouth and I got down on the table. "Sorry." I muttered in embarassment.

 

     "It's okay." He said. "You need to eat your food before it gets cold. His majesty wouldn't like it if he hears that his unexpected visitor from the future isn't eating properly. You are the only one who could cure him, so you need to be healthy." He went towards the door but I stopped him.

 

     "Where is the king, anyway? I thought he said he will be the one who's gonna serve me the food."

 

     "He's resting. His sickness is getting to him again." He said in a grim voice. "What kind of sickness does he have?" I curiously asked. It's bugging me for a while. The king looks like he's healthy when I was talking to him earlier. He does not look like a sick person to me. "That is what we do not know. Doctors all around Joseon can't find the reason why he's experiencing this kind of sickness. His symptoms includes joint and muscle pain, profuse sweating, and recurring fever."

 

     Isn't that just a common illness? I facepalmed. I forgot. This is the past. There is no cure for everything. The symptoms seems familiar to me but I need more information than that, and I can't seem to remember what illness that is. I swear, I know it. But I need my laptop. My eyes brightened up. "When will I get my laptop back?"

 

     "L-Leopeu—?"

 

    I forgot. "Leopeuteopeu. That rectangle thing that I need to cure your king. He said he will bring it back to me."

 

    He seemed to finally get what I mean. "Ah! Leopeuteopeu! The thing that his majesty keeps on telling me! I thought he was talking nonsense at first! Right, it should be here in about 3 hours." 

 

    I nod. "Okay, thank you. You may go now— Wait!"

 

     "Please make up your mind, miss—"

 

     "Andy. Andy Leigh."

 

    "Right, miss An Di Lei, what a weird name, please make up your mind for I still have some matters to attend to. What is it that you want to say?"

 

    "Can I go out inside this room? Staying inside this room will bore me to death!" I whined.

 

    Yixing glanced at me from head to toe. I looked at him incredulously. Is he checking me out? "I'll asked his majesty about it. But first, we need to change your clothes. That is a pretty interesting clothes you're wearing, but everyone would think you're crazy if you wear it outside." I pouted. What's wrong with my clothes anyway? It's very comfortable for me. I glanced at my clothes. I'm wearing a big spongebob shirt paired with a pyjama. And my feet is bare by the way. Who can blame me? I was just inside my house when I suddenly teleported in this place.

 

    Before I could say anything, he immediately went outside and closed the door rather loudly. I stare at the closed door for a second and then I raised my middle finger. Psh, what a snob. 

 

    For a eunuch, Zhang Yixing is handsome. But bleh, let's not forget that he got his ding dong cut off.

 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

 

Hannah, the author of this : 

     HELLO GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY! I GOT SHOOKED AFTER I SAW Y'ALL SUBSCRIBING AFTER I HAVE JUST POSTED 3 CHAPTERS. I LOVE YOU ALL (๑°꒵°๑)・*♡  I'M GLAD YOU'RE ALL LIKING THIS SO FAR, I'VE READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND I'M JUST REALLY REALLY HAPPY TO READ 'EM. HOPE YOU'LL CONTINUE SUPPORTING THIS STORY, AND STAY TUNE~ 

 

PS. YES, I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THAT EDIT OF YIXING AS A EUNUCH  (´∀`)