Seulrene watching the paint dry

The Ink Slinger's Diary (Seulrene Drabble Collection)

They never knew that watching the paint dry was such an amazing moment.

 

Right out there, in the backyard of their house, was a beautiful large field that expanded further beyond where they were, a concrete fence separating what belonged to them in the deed and the expanding fields of beautiful nature before them. It was a quiet afternoon, not too much sun but not too many clouds covering it, providing a perfect temperature, a loving breeze caressing the couple's luscious hair, their skin gracefully touched by the wind, providing a palpable feeling of peace.

 

"Comfortable there?" Kang Seulgi asked softly, her wife--Bae Joohyun--curled up against her with her lover's face on her neck, her legs just over hers, tangled into one another, the occasional rub bringing a satisfied hum and a sigh. "I don't think you're comfortable enough!"

 

Joohyun laughed along with her lover's goofy giggle, rubbing and patting her tummy as they adjusted themselves a little bit into the comfort of this new hammock they brought together for this kind of moment especially. It was a lovely hammock, made for this kind of thing, tied well between two trees they had nearby. They were swaying in a calm pace, nothing too fast, nothing too crazy, it was something natural between the two of them, a pace they were both comfortable with.

 

Just below on the ground were the two little puppies they found not long ago. Poor pups, they were brothers, abandoned by a family that didn't want them! Despite not liking animals, Joohyun couldn't say no to their puppy eyes, let alone Seulgi's puppy eyes upon seeing them. They were very weak, whining for warmth and for someone, so Joohyun made it her business to get them to the vet regularly and get them cleaned, well fed and comfortable. Now, the pups were slightly grown, playfully wrestling with nothing but happiness in their hearts, an undying loyalty for their owners in the hammock.

 

It was rather bizarre, but the sounds of the puppies playing was heartwarming for Joohyun, it's made her very calm despite all the stress. But more interestingly, the lovers were doing nothing, nothing at all, but to watch the paint dry on a chair that Seulgi herself learned how to make. Of course, Joohyun painted it in her favorite color and swore to use it until it was on its last leg.

 

But before they could try to sit on it, they had to wait for it to dry and so they did. No words were necessary, no sounds, just them caressing each other. While Seulgi caressed her lover's arm and squeezed her lover fondly every now and then, Joohyun smile and traced all kinds of patterns to her lover's abs, something she was not tired of doing despite being team mates and friends for over a decade.

 

Secretly, they reminisce about those times together. Debut, Pre-debut, after an overwhelming amount of success, they were still strong friends, had a strong bond and, most importantly, had strong feelings for one another, feelings that never went away but instead were heightened by the years.

 

It all boiled down to this very peaceful moment, happily enjoying the fruits of their hardwork, now married, with two puppies as children, a handmade wooden chair and a beautiful home.

 

However, with all this peace and calm, it was only a matters of time before one of them fell asleep... and it was Seulgi, who began to snore just slightly, attracting the attention of both puppies that soon jumped into the hammock to join the cuddle.

 

With a big warm smile, Joohyun pet both of their heads and gave Seulgi a loving smooch on her cheek. Then, after some time all together, they all fell asleep, while the wind worked its magic and made the paint dry.

 

 

*Note: Yes. Someone said I could make Seulrene watching the paint dry interesting. So I decided to do it!