[Chankai] The Parks

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots

 

The Parks

 

Prompt—Chanyeol, Jongin and their “little, cute scooter”.

Note (s)—I got inspired from this picture of chankai on a scooter and tbh, it was funny. There's slight possessive! Chanyeol too. I don't know if I should warm you about that or not.

Read on AO3.


 

“I told you a thousand times already,” Jongin whines in frustration, wide frustrated eyes welling up with tears in impatience. “You hyung, we’ve enough money for a car, but no “we don’t need a car, Jonginnie, when we have my special, cutie scooter”. Cutie scooter? It’s nothing but . I want to puke all over it!”

 

Jongin kicks the said scooter with whatever energy he could muster, slapping Chanyeol at the back of his head when the elder hisses at him for doing so.

 

“You have so many expectations from me, Jongin, I cannot always fulfill them. This desire of you having a car is one of them.”

 

“… but we have so much money.” Jongin’s words fade away in a whisper, realizing that in his childish behavior must’ve ended up hurting Chanyeol’s feelings. “I am sorry, hyung,” he slowly whispers.

 

Chanyeol sighs from the other side but doesn’t look back at him, sitting at the scooter to bring it back to life.

 

Jongin was from a well-off family; his father was a respected lawyer, his mother a professor at the Yonsei University and older brother was head of the IT department of a big firm. His family was doing well even when he was just a mere student at one of the best colleges in Seoul. Chanyeol, unlike him, was not from a well-off family. His family was struggling with money and so was he. They met during Jongin’s second year when Chanyeol was in his third year and since then they were always together; fell in love, got in a relationship and then married.

 

The firm that Chanyeol worked at was big, the man’s salary was good too but since Chanyeol knows and has seen how it feels to be out of money and struggle to fulfill even the basic needs, he tends to turn himself into a… miser. It’s not like Jongin has ever called Chanyeol that because truth to be told, Chanyeol’s isn’t that much of a cheapskate (as Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s best friend, had once called him). The man knows where to spend money and where to not; necessary things come first then unnecessary ones (that get rejected even before taken into consideration).

 

…but, Jongin loves Chanyeol as if his life depends on it so he will let that slip away. Only to some extent though.

 

“Don’t you feel even a little embarrassed that you’ve to take your scooter to your in-laws?”

 

Chanyeol sighs as he gets up from the scooter, kicking it once in frustration before smiling proudly when the scooter comes back to life. “It started, Jonginnie.” He exclaims as if it’s a miracle. Jongin rolls his eyes at the older man, it might as well be. “No, I don’t. What’s there to feel embarrassed about owning a scooter anyway?”

 

“That it’s rusty and looks as old as Shakespeare or even older than that. Who knows?”

 

“Jongin, please,” Chanyeol says in a calm tone but Jongin knows that there’s anything but calmness in his tone. He sets his lips in a thin line but a pout still rests heavily on his plump lips. “You know how much it matters to me. My late father had gifted this to me; it was his last gift for me. I can’t give up on this.”

 

Jongin passes a sad smile, eyes apologizing before he frowns, eyes narrowing at the older man. “But you said that your older sister gifted this to you and she is alive very much in the USA. We just talked to her yesterday.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles. “Oops. You remember.” With that the man sits on the scooter, patting the space behind him. “Sit now. We are getting late—ow! That hurts, Jonginnie.”

 

“Good to know.” The boy replies, refusing to rub the part where he just hit the man even when Chanyeol asks him to with his puppy eyes and all. He, with a sigh loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, sits behind his husband, refusing to hold him when the man asks him.

 

“Jongin, you will fall if you didn’t. It will not be pretty.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“So should I start?”

 

“You already did, you might as well run your rusty scooter now.”

 

“Jongin, nothing about my scooter anymore.”

 

“Fine.” Jongin pouts, looking ahead and at other vehicles, eyes longingly following the cars that pass by them. “I won’t say anything about your rusty scooter.”

 

“Park Jongin.”

 

*

 

“We reached,” Chanyeol announces, nudging a sleeping Jongin gently with his elbow. The boy does after a few more nudges, yawning behind a dainty hand before stretching. “We reached.” The man announces again. “Safe and sound,” he adds for good measure.

 

Jongin wipes the drool with the back of his hand before getting up and standing next to the scooter so that he could stretch his long legs. Traveling on a scooter was never his favorite thing to do anyway. “It’s late, they must be waiting for me inside.” He looks back at the said apartment, two big cars parked in the parking lot. No one says anything about them.

 

Chanyeol opens his mouth to speak something, probably goodbye for the night since he was to stay at his parents’ house for the night, but stops in time when the door of a neighbor opens. Jongin sighs, looking at the man that’s walking toward them with a big annoying smile on his face. He knows where this is going to end.

 

“Jongin,” exclaims Zitao in a loud booming voice, his feline eyes observing Chanyeol before he breaks into a grin. It now looks ugly to Jongin, not like it’s the first time, to be honest. Jongin hates that grin or that smile or the whole existence of Zitao ever since they broke up in his first year when he’d found the man cheating on him with a Japanese girl. “Park Chanyeol. I hope you’re doing well, although I don’t really care about you but hey Jongin, long time no see—”

 

“Get your head out of the gutter and remind yourself that we never meant to meet again anyway.” Jongin snaps, standing close to Chanyeol when the closeness between Zitao and him feel a lot uncomfortable. Chanyeol notices, so he frowns, wrapping his arm around his husband’s waist as a sign of possession.

 

“I hope you’re doing well too, Mr. Huang, but I will greatly appreciate if you leave us two alone.”

 

Zitao rolls his eyes, crossing his strong arms over his sturdy chest before inspecting Chanyeol’s scooter with what Jongin thinks is in pity. “You’ve got yourself a bad husband, Jongin, a poor husband in other words. Look at that,” the man says pointing at his expensive car before grinning wildly. “I bought that y baby just yesterday. Got bored with the other one.” He steps a little ahead, caging Jongin’s relatively smaller body between Chanyeol’s and his own. “If you had married me, you—”

 

“You lost the chance of turning me into a Huang when you cheated on me after ing me to heaven.”

 

Zitao smirks. “But you liked that, didn’t you?”

 

Jongin bites his lower lip in shame, certainly, he doesn’t know how to get back on his exes.

 

“Go away, Huang. Otherwise, I will forget every manner and beat the crap out of you.” Chanyeol gives a hard shove to the said man, eyes furious. “Go away or do you want me to remind you how I beat you in the college.”

 

“Fine.” Zitao huffs, stepping back. “I will leave but Jongin, think about it. You will regret marrying him.”

 

“I regret giving a piece of like you a chance to break my heart. Go away, rascal.”

 

It takes a lot of coaxing from Chanyeol’s side to calm Jongin down even when Zitao leaves them alone.

 

Jongin sighs after a few more minutes, looking back at Chanyeol and hugging him tightly as if giving him some comfort. “I am sorry, hyung, forget whatever he said. For me.”

 

“It doesn’t matter, Jongin,” says Chanyeol, patting his small husband’s back before placing a quick kiss on the bare skin of the neck. “Go, mother and father must be waiting for you. Junmyeon hyung too.”

 

Jongin nods, a pout on his lip which Chanyeol kisses away. “Take care. Bye.”

 

Chanyeol whispers a quiet “bye”, watching as Jongin steps away from him and to the big apartment. Chanyeol sighs, starting the scooter—it surprisingly starts in the first try—before smiling a sad smile. Parting with Jongin, even for a night, feels like the biggest nightmare.

 

“Hyung, stop for a minute,” Jongin shouts from the other side before running toward him, his voice nearly drowned in the sound of the running engine. Jongin, upon reaching, kissing him square on his mouth smiling beautifully. “Forgot to tell you. I love you, Park Chanyeol.”

 

Something flutters in Chanyeol’s heart and it’s familiar but new too. “I love you too, Park Jongin.”

 

Jongin giggles, pushing his helmet in Chanyeol’s hand. “Take it back with you; forgot to give this to you too.”

 

“Call me when you reach, yeah?” He asks, getting a nod in return just before Chanyeol drives away in his scooter.