[Kaisoo] The Beautiful (Tainted) Omega

bottom!jongin drabbles and one shots


The Beautiful (Tainted) Omega

 

Description -- Fate plays and plays and in the end leads Jongin to Kyungsoo, his real mate.

 

Warning (s)—mpreg, implied/referenced ual abuse (non - con), friends’ chenbaek.

 

Note (s)—I wrote this as a gift for my Di. She's a huge fan of kaisoo and she wanted me to write this. Di, I know that it's a very late birthday gift but I still hope that you like it!

 

A lot of about this is not just for the story but a jumbled up words of my emotions. Like many fans seeing Jongin in his “Kai” personality only and not trying to understand the real “Kim Jongin”. The other one being, the connection with Jongin’s friends with him, it’s inspired by my own life event when my supposed best friend backstabbed me and left me in the middle of nowhere. I know and understand that feeling of being left alone by whom you trust so damn much and I very much tried to put them into words in the story. There are others but I don’t want to bring them here.

 

But anyway I hope you all who are reading this like this, and not only di (happy late birthday, di, lol).

 

Unedited.

 

Read on AO3.


 

Kim Jongin unarguably was the most beautiful omega of Seoul High, he was one of the richest omegas of the country and one of the most popular too, being often dubbed as the ‘dancing machine’ of the country- one of the best dancers Korea has seen in years. He was beautiful, prettier than anyone else and was often called “Asia’s first love”, although being an omega always created hurdles in him achieving what he wanted, his older alpha brother, Minseok made sure that he doesn’t lag behind when it comes to show his talent and capacity to the very much hungry world around them.

 

What captivated and pulled others closer to him was the change in his personality—the way he would stay shy, humble and would blush at every compliment that people would make at him when off-stage. The way he would feel insecure despite being showered with love from all around him or the way he would not discriminate between anyone—whether it's a waiter of a restaurant or a rich, successful artist. Or the way he would dress up in baggy clothes, the way they would make him look smaller and fluffier than he actually was, or the way his healthy pink hair would fall in his eyes and he would brush those fringes aside with a delicacy that we don’t often see. The way his eyes would sparkle in excitement, the way his small nose would scrunch up, or the way his delicate cheeks would remain pink or his pretty full lips would part at all the surprised gasps and the way his lips would remain in a beautifully adorable pout.

 

It wasn’t just limited to his outer appearance, he was more than that and he was beautiful inside out. He was generous, kind, loving toward everyone. He was soft-spoken and he was lovable.

 

That was Kim Jongin.

 

Kai was different than that. Kai came with practiced ease, it came with years of hard work and hours spent inside a dance studio. Kai was an arrogant , he was ridiculous, was a tease, was a self-centered and all smirks. Kai was cold. Kai seemed to forget that he was an omega, he seemed to be over-confident of himself and why wouldn’t he be when he practically owned the whole stage and captivated the audience with his charismatic performance? The gracefulness that he had in himself never ceased to amaze the viewers, he held them captivated, giving them all bedroom eyes and the rolls of his body would promise of a passionate night ahead. Kai seemed unforgivable, Kai seemed unlovable.

 

But that was it, Kai wasn’t real. Kai was made up, he was fake. A fake personality that the boy behind it used for a few hours. He was like a mask, would hide all the emotions and pent-up frustrations inside the omega and would make him lose and forget everything around him. Nothing but he mattered. People often misunderstood him but he wouldn’t correct them and why would he? That wasn’t his job anyway, people who actually cared would understand the real him, he didn’t need fake and unfaithful people in his life anyway. The genuine people would look behind his ‘Kai’ façade and would try to understand the human behind it, the real Kim Jongin.

 

But that was all that was good with his life, with popularity and fame comes enemies, with beauty, comes obsessive “lovers” who try to ruin it and bend it the way they want.

 

With good comes bad.

 

Jongin was a little too naïve to think that his life would remain all sunshine and flowers until the end, he was an idiot to trust and believe those people who he thought would remain by his side until the end. He was an idiot who thought that he would remain safe from all the dirty hands around him.

 

He was never so wrong in his entire life.

 

*

 

It was late in the evening and the weather took an unexpected turn and before anyone knew it started raining. It wasn’t a problem for Jongin, he had always loved rain and the heavy downpour of “God’s tears” (as his mother used to tell him when he was a kid). Why wouldn’t he? With the rain came beauty and with beauty came peace. And he was that kind of person who needed peace and quiet for even a few hours, just needed some “me time” every day and without it, he knew he would go all insane, it made sure that he remained sane.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae decided to ditch him in the middle of nowhere during the school hours because the competition was coming close and they were the lead singers of their school’s band. They had only said aloud “bye” to him before running away and even though they were friends of his, he loved them with his heart and trusted them with all his might. Baekhyun was the only son of a rich businessman and was often a sight to behold. He was an alpha and held much strength than anyone else inside that small body of his, he was kind but only to a few “selected” people other than that he was mostly an annoying who didn’t think before speaking (and many times ended up regretting so). Jongdae was another story, the beta was kind even to the people he didn’t know well, although no one actually tried to get on his bad side because everyone knew how much dangerous he actually was. The beta was the son of one of the most respected singers of the country and was mostly known for that.

 

They met five years ago and since then they’ve been friends forever. Although their personalities were way different than each other’s that didn’t stop them from being “best of friends”.

 

Somehow Jongin ended up losing his phone and couldn’t contact his brother to come and pick him up from the school and that was how he found himself running under the heavy rain, shivering to his bones. His clothes were already wet and his way to home seemed longer than it actually was—and it wasn’t until he saw a car driving past him that he realized why the path seemed longer. He never hated rain so much in his entire life. He wrapped his arms around his fragile form, lips wobbling partly because of the cold and partially because of the heavy silence and absolute darkness around him. It was already late in the evening and nothing was visible except a few cars driving past him. He was scared and angry at himself that he left the school building without contacting his bother.

 

Maybe it was because of the heavy downpour or maybe it was because he was focusing on trying to keep his cold body warm that he didn’t hear the heavy footsteps approaching him from behind. Before he knew it and could call for help, it was already late and the next thing he knew after the intense pain on his head was utter silence.

 

He didn’t know what happened after that but others knew and they were not happy.

 

*

 

“You should have called Minseok to pick you up, Jongin,” Mrs. Kim spoke, eyes watering at the silent reaction that she got. “You could have called him and saved yourself from this—”

 

“You are trying to make him feel guilty of something that he didn’t have control over,” Minseok spoke, carding his fingers through his younger brother’s hair. “Maybe it was his fault that he didn’t call me but what happened next wasn’t his and besides he told us that he lost his phone, didn’t he?”

 

“What are we going to do now?” Mr. Kim asked, agitated. “They ruined him, look at him, he is not even speaking anything since we told him what happened.”

 

“You cannot expect him to speak something when he went through so much, father.”

 

“Don’t expect anything?” Mr. Kim asked and shook his head side by side. “Do you know everyone knows what happened to him? Do you know it’s already in the media? People are talking about him and they are pitying him, they are sympathizing with him. He is ruined and even though police will find those men we don’t know what his future holds for him.”

 

“You are speaking as if it’s the end of the world, Mr. Kim,” Mrs. Kim speaks, “Don’t trouble him with your nonsense and baseless worries, and let him breathe.”

 

“I will stay with Jonginnie,” Minseok announces, curling his hand around his brothers’ unmoving one. “I will stay with him, we can’t leave him alone. You two take leave, I will stay with—”

 

“I want to stay alone,” Jongin whispers, finally speaking after hours remaining silent. “Can you do that for me? Can you leave me alone for some time?” His voice breaks in the end but Minseok decides to not pay attention to it.

 

“You need someone by your side, Jongin and I want to stay here—”

 

“Why can’t you understand that I want to be alone? Is it that difficult to understand?” Jongin shouts as warm tears fall out of his pretty brown eyes, cheeks flushing red in a sign of anger and frustration. “I want to stay alone! Is that so hard for you to understand?

 

That was probably the first time that he raised his voice in general, the always calm, cool and collected Jongin raised his voice for the first time, not as surprising as it was for Minseok. He had never seen his brother angry, frustrated and seeing the fragile being in front of him, he thought of leaving Jongin alone. Wasn’t it the right move? Jongin’s mind was in fragile state and he wasn’t brave enough to watch his ever so lovely brother crying his heart out for something that he didn’t have control over, for something that he couldn’t control and for something that—no matter how hard he tried—couldn’t erase. It was done and what was done was done, only the consequence of the inhuman deed was left for Jongin to suffer alone.

 

It wasn’t until the three most important people in his life left him alone that he realized how alone he actually was. He doesn’t remember most of the night, the only thing that he remembered was the intense pain in his head, him losing consciousness and then in the next afternoon pain in his whole body. He doesn’t remember more than that and he­—in some way or another—was glad that he didn’t. He wouldn’t be able to stand that anyway.

 

He eyes tear up instantly and he doesn’t bother to wipe them away, watching and staring intensely out of the window.

 

He never hated rain so much in his entire life.

 

He doesn’t know how much hours passed like that, him crying his heart out so bad that he wondered if his family heard him sobbing from the other side of the door, or his brother who he knew was still standing outside of his bedroom door for so many hours. In the end, he decided against it, he wouldn’t let this put him down—after all this is what life is, an endless pit of pain and pleasure. He would not give up, not just because some reckless people couldn’t keep it in their pants and he wouldn’t let the world use him. Maybe he was an omega, the lowest ‘cast’ in the wolf world and maybe he was shredded to his dignity, but he knew he could stand tall and proud.

 

The only source of this much confidence were his loved ones—his family and his best friends. He knew they wouldn’t leave him no matter what.

 

They will stay by his side, right?

 

Jongin couldn’t be more wrong.

 

The actual reality came crashing down at him after about two weeks, his abusers were caught and they were facing charges. They will probably end up in jail for many years to come.

 

That wasn’t something which created heavy emotions inside of him, it was the white kit in his hand and the two smiley faces on them and the positive sign that he indeed was pregnant with his rapists’ child.

 

That seemed like an end.

 

That seemed like an end and he once again felt like losing everything, felt like he finally needed to give up on his life. Who cared anyway? His family will forget him soon—they have to forget him—, Minseok will be devastated for sure but he will move on too and his best friends too. Everything was settled. Should he do it now? Should he go to the terrace of their school and jump from there and kill himself and the “thing” inside of him. Or should he take abortion?

 

But what about the unborn child that doesn’t even know the real deal of this world? About that someone who doesn’t even know how the world looks like, or how could he forget that the “thing” inside of him hasn’t done anything wrong. How could he punish someone who wasn’t even born yet for his own stupidity and for mistake and recklessness of some people who don’t care about anyone but themselves? How would he leave in peace knowing that he was not only killing himself but an innocent life with him?

 

It was to his own horror that he decided to stay, stay and suffer for whatever was to come.

 

After all, his family and his friends will be there for him, won’t they?

 

He was so wrong.

 

Because apparently, he hadn’t thought that his loved ones would leave him when he needed them the most.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae were the first ones, the moment he told them that he was pregnant with his rapists’ child was the moment that they scoffed at him, pushed him on the ground, called him names and left him there, alone crying and cold. The next ones were his parents, his father didn’t even spare him a second glance after hearing the truth and his mother pointed at him accusingly, as if it was all Jongin’s fault and that the child was “the product of his immaturity”. They threw him out of their house when Jongin refused to go for abortion. Minseok. Minseok was the only one who stayed beside him and although the alpha begged him to stay with him at their house or if not there then he was willing to buy another for the sake of Jongin, the omega didn’t agree. He was already so upset, was broken and felt so cheated by his own loved ones that nothing mattered to him. It was after that that Minseok used his alpha strength and brought him to a new house that he rented. Jongin left the place as soon as Minseok felt asleep and although the alpha was sleeping just right beside Jongin and was holding his younger brother in his arms, he didn’t wake up.

 

That was the last time that they saw Jongin.

 

 

Jongin didn’t know where he was going, his trolley bag was with him and he was still walking for hours already. It was late at night and it was yet again raining. His body was shivering from all the cold and his stomach was grumbling from hunger. His phone rang once, twice and after that, he lost count but he didn’t pick up. He was ashamed of troubling his older brother, he must be really sad and angry. Disappointed in himself even, Jongin felt a pang of agony in his chest, he should have at least said a small goodbye to his elder brother. But anyway there was nothing that he could do, he was already far away from his home, from Minseok and there was no way that he would return.

 

It wasn’t until a car stopped in front of him that he felt scared and shuffled back, eyes trying to adjust in the darkness as he tried to make out the man’s appearance. He was taller in height than him, he smelled like an alpha and it wasn’t until the smell hit him that he realized that it was familiar. A part of his mind screamed ‘mate’ but the other part was too happy to acknowledge it. It was him. “Kyungsoo hyung?” He didn’t know what happened next, the only thing that he knew was that he lost his footing, felt his eyelids getting heavier by second and felt two strong arms holding him from falling down and worried expression on the very much familiar face.

 

****

 

“Oh, you’re awake,” A deep voice came from his right and Jongin turned his head in the direction, hissing and closing his eyes when he felt the pounding in his head. He really has a bad headache. “Hey, relax, Jongin. First, lay down,” the man instructed, gently helping him down on the bed.

 

“Take deep breaths and then slowly open your eyes only if you want.”

 

He did, following the man’s words without a word and slowly opened his eyes, blinking them adorably as he tried to focus in the bright sunlight.

 

The man chuckled, “still adorable. I am sorry for that but I needed to bring nature’s warmth inside the room. Hope you don’t care that much,” he said, looking down at the thermometer in his hand before smiling widely. “Your fever is a lot down than last night and that’s progress.”

 

Jongin stared wide-eyed at the male before crying out loud, “hyung, Kyungsoo hyung!” and hugged the man closer to himself. The man smiled widely before hugging him back. “Hyung you’re back! When did you come back? Why didn’t you tell me anything? You should have told me that you were coming back? Wait, if I wasn’t there we wouldn’t have met. Hyung, why did you lie?”

 

“I never lied,” the man raised his hands in mock surrender continuing, “and besides I was coming to meet you, dumb, but I found you in the rain with your bag, what happened? Where were you going?” His expression soon changed from playful to worry and he carded his thick fingers through the omega’s hair when Jongin refused to make eye-contact with him after that. “It’s okay, you don’t need to tell me anything now. I have cooked something lets go and eat, hmm?” The man doesn’t wait for his answer, instead helps him down to sit properly before getting up from the bed. “I will bring it here, alright?” Jongin didn’t say anything after that and Kyungsoo sighed, walking up to the door.

 

“I am pregnant, hyung, and mom and dad kicked me out,” Jongin answers, watching as Kyungsoo immediately stiffened and how the alpha’s hand curled around the door handle so tight that the veins in his hand started showing. “They kicked me and I didn’t know where to go.”

 

“Minseok left you too?” The man asked, opening the door as he waited for a reply from the omega.

 

“He didn’t. I left hyung.”

 

“Oh, we will talk about this after you eat and take your medicine,” Kyungsoo passes him a tight-lipped smile before walking out of the bedroom and probably towards the kitchen. Jongin frowned wondering if Kyungsoo will do same and kick him out. Tears welled up in his eyes at the thought and he curled into a small ball as he covered half of himself under the blanket.

 

Kyungsoo and he were childhood friends, he met the elder man when he was six and was bullied in a park by some stronger boys of his age. Kyungsoo was ten at that time and was a lot taller than them and it was the purity of the elder that he couldn’t see some mischievous boys troubling the kid that he wanted to befriend since a long time ago. So Kyungsoo had only stood in between them and the boys left the place as fast as they came and Kyungsoo had turned around and had helped him up.

 

“Your shirt is dirty, I will ask mom to give you a different one. Do you want to come with me?”

 

“No, thank you. Mummy told me that I shouldn’t trust strangers and you are a stranger to me. I will not come.”

 

The boy’s eyes welled up with tears before he spoke in the most pained tone Jongin had ever heard, “I want to become your friend and that’s w-why I helped you.”

 

“Oh,” Jongin blushed before hanging his head low and fiddling nervously with his fingers, “thank you, really. They always hurt me and I hate them,” he says before pouting and looking up at the elder.

 

The boy smiles wider at that. “That’s why I want to become your friend. I will keep you safe from them and I will make sure that you don’t get hurt. Promise,” the boy says for good measure.

 

“But why me?” Jongin asks.

 

“What why? There are a lot of reasons but one of the most important is that I want to protect you. And I really want to become your friend.”

 

“But no one really wants that. They say that I am ugly and poor and they don’t want to be my friends. I am afraid that you will leave me.”

 

“I will never,” the boy says, “and besides, who told you that you are ugly? That’s wrong you’re not. You are really, really pretty. I like you. And I know that you are not poor, every day you come with your brother in a car and a poor person does not have a car that cool.”

 

“So will you be my friend?”

 

“Umm, okay, friends.”

 

“Friends, done.”

 

 

“Kyungsoo hyung, you never told me what did you feel?”

 

“What do I feel?”

 

“Like you remember the first time that we met and you told me that you feel something in your stomach, what is it? Were you sick at that time? Does that still happen?”

 

Kyungsoo blushed. “I wasn’t sick at that time, Jonginnie,” the boy says, quickly placing a flower crown that he made on Jongin’s head. “You look so pretty, like a Princess.”

 

“Girls are princess and I am a boy.”

 

“So prince?”

 

“Yup,” Jongin says with a cute giggle.

 

“But you look more like a princess to me,” Kyungsoo says to himself. “And yes, I still feel that funny thing in my stomach. That was the first reason that made me want to be your friend.” Kyungsoo is twelve and he knows a lot better than Jongin. His classmates talk about thisabout how they feel something funny in their stomach when they see someone particular. “I don’t know why that happens though.”

 

“You need to see a doctor, hyung,” Jongin says with utmost seriousness. “It could be anything and I don’t want you to suffer because of some silly stomach.”

 

“Aye, I am still alive, so it’s not dangerous,” he answers, “and besides it’s more than two years already. If nothing happened now then why would in future?”

 

“But still,” Jongin insists.

 

“Okay, if you say so. I will ask my hyung, is that alright?” Kyungsoo asks when Jongin remains said for a moment or two before nodding. “Okay then don’t be sad. I feel sad too.”

 

“Did you feel the pain again?”

 

“Yes, in my chest. So don’t feel sad, okay?”

 

“Okay, I will never.”

 

“That’s good, princess.”

 

“Hyung!”

 

 

“What did your brother said, hyung?”

 

“About what?”

 

“About the stomach thing and the pain one too.”

 

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo answered after some time. His cheeks reddened for some reason and Jongin giggled.

 

“Hyung your cheeks, they are red.”

 

“Shut up, Jonginnie.”

 

“But why are they red?”

 

“Jonginnie, I will buy you your favorite ice-cream, do you want that?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Then shut up and let’s go.”

 

“Hyung, what are you working on?” Jongin asks, following Kyungsoo’s fingers typing furiously on the laptop. “E-mail?”

 

“Uh, yeah,” the man answers. “I have to reply to this one, do you want something?”

 

“Ah, no, I am fine. Finish that first,” he says before looking back at the TV. Kyungsoo’s eyes stay on his face for some moments before the alpha returns to his laptop with a small pained sigh.

 

It’s the second month of his pregnancy and although he thought that Kyungsoo would kick him out of the house, the man didn’t.

 

“I thought that all the trouble will end after that after they were announced guilty but it didn’t. I had to become pregnant with a child that I don’t even want.”

 

“If you don’t want the child, you could have done abortion as uncle and aunt asked you to do. But you didn’t, you fought with your parents and braved yourself to stand up alone just for this child. I don’t think if this child’s unwanted.”

 

“That’s because I felt guilty. I didn’t want the child to suffer because of my mistake—”

 

“It wasn’t your mistake, Jonginnie,” Kyungsoo says, gently tucking a strand of pink hair behind his ear. “It wasn’t yours, don’t blame yourself for what you didn’t have control over.”

 

“Besides I am here for you, for you two. I will always be there for you two no matter what.” At the nod that Jongin passes him, Kyungsoo smiles a smile. Something in his eyes and his smile remains sad and Jongin wonders what it is. The reason.

 

“Sorry, it took so long—”

 

“You don’t need to apologize, hyung,” Jongin says, watching as Kyungsoo quickly shuts his laptop off before putting it on the coffee table.

 

“Do you want to take rest? You are sitting for so long.”

 

“I don’t, I want to stay here,” he answers, hugging Kyungsoo. “Hyung, I have a question.”

 

“Then ask,” the elder says, gently massaging Jongin’s head.

 

“Do you still feel that funny thing in your stomach?”

 

Kyungsoo remains silent on that question. “I still do,” he answers sincerely.

 

“What does that mean? Why do you always get that when I am near you? Does it still hurt when I get sad?”

 

“It does, it does, Jonginnie,” Kyungsoo answers, a pained expression covering his face.

 

“Why does that happen, hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo sighs but doesn’t answer for some time. “I don’t think if you need to know that now Jongin. We can talk about that later but first eat something.”

 

Jongin huffs and then nods, “I am hungry.”

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo asks after some time.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don’t you feel something when… I am near you? Like something strange?”

 

Jongin does. But he hides it, “no, I don’t.” Something akin to pain crosses Kyungsoo’s eyes but then the elder smiles and silently goes back into the kitchen. Jongin gasps, clutching at his heart.

 

It did pain.

 

*

 

“I was wondering if you would like to go out with me,” Kyungsoo asks red colors his cheeks and Jongin wonders why. But doesn’t ask instead nods his head vigorously. Kyungsoo chuckles, “okay let’s go then.”

 

“I am ready so I don’t need to get ready, don’t tell me to.” He stops Kyungsoo even before the alpha opens his mouth to speak something regarding what Jongin just cleared. The alpha shrugs and cards his finger through Jongin’s hair and leans down to peck him on his forehead. Jongin blushes up to his earsKyungsoo has been doing so for months already but the warm feeling that erupts inside his chest whenever Kyungsoo does so never goes away. It thrills Jongin, gives him a newfound type of feeling and energy that he never felt before, not even with Junmyeon, his ex-boyfriend. Junmyeon used to do so too, the alpha was shorter than Jongin but held so much in him that it always made Jongin look smaller and more delicate between the two. The two of them, however, broke up within months of their relationship and Jongin thought that he wouldn’t have someone as important as Junmyeon in his life again, who would take care of him like they mean it.

 

He has been proved wrong and being proved wrong never felt so right before.

 

He’ was in his fourth month of pregnancy and the relationship between the two of them was only getting better day by day. Jongin knew that Kyungsoo was hiding something from him, something important that would lead them to an unfamiliar territory. It was either that Kyungsoo wasn’t ready to confront Jongin for it or the alpha knew that Jongin wasn’t ready to face the truth. Either way, Jongin knew that the truth was going to reveal itself soonwith what them getting closer and closer to each other like magnets.

 

Being in his fourth month of pregnancy meant that he was getting fatter day by day and also lazy, it was almost like he didn’t want to move even a single muscle inside of him. That wasn’t him, Kim Jongin was never lazy but all the credits goes to the baby in his tummy. Another thing that he noticed about himself was how he would always be restless and his hands would always, in the end, would somehow find his stomach and how he would always unconsciously play with it, like actually. He was already getting attached to something or rather someone who he once wanted to kill. Nature, one can say.

 

 

“I’ve been to this mall before too but it’s almost two to three months that I didn’t visit it and it’s… completely changed,” Kyungsoo said, eyes flitting around the inside of the said mall. “It’s beautiful than before, really.” The man was still struggling with all the shopping bags that he held in his hands but Jongin was another story, even though the omega wasn’t carrying anything he was huffing and puffing like he was doing all the hard workhard work being walking and following Kyungsoo around the mall. It was either that Kyungsoo forgot that Jongin was pregnant or he was just too busy in appreciating the ‘mall’s beauty’. Jongin didn’t like either of the two reasons.

 

“Hyung, I want something in my stomach, like, right now,” Jongin whines getting Kyungsoo’s attention back on him. He smiles pitifully before pointing towards his swollen stomach. “We both need something right now.”

 

“Oh, I am so sorry Jonginnie, let me bring you to the restaurant. I completely forgot but don’t worry the restaurant’s just here.” The alpha points toward the mentioned restaurant and Jongin groans, the restaurant’ is in the farthest corner. Kyungsoo, understanding his worry, takes his hand and gently tugs him ahead. “Just a few steps ahead, Jonginnie, and we will reach there.” Jongin feels a spark of something when their hands connect and he jumps slightly, feeling relieved when Kyungsoo doesn’t notice (or at doesn’t show that he did notice). It’s not like he felt so for the first time, he feels like that every time that they touch, he doesn’t know what does that mean. Or at least, he is scared enough to not voice his imagination out loud. Kyungsoo will definitely kick him out if he ever said that he gets that ‘mate’s vibes’ with Kyungsoo and with the alpha’s touch.

 

After finishing up (he ate like he didn’t for the whole last year, but that’s okay, Kyungsoo said so) they decided to head back to home. Although, Kyungsoo had his own meeting with some other businessman, the alpha cancelled it and postpone it for the next day only for Jongin. That brought hidden feelings inside of him, Jongin remembers the time when he asked Kyungsoo to bring him out because he was getting bored at home and didn’t have anything to do. Kyungsoo had said that yes, he will and Jongin had waited for the next two days. Kyungsoo brought him out on the third day, the alpha was looking tired after coming from the company building after spending hours there but that didn’t stop him from fulfilling Jongin’s wish of going out.

 

That brought memories back.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung, my mother will kill me if she finds this out,” Jongin practically whines, trying to keep up with the twelve years old Kyungsoo. “And you know how scary she gets whenever she’s angry.”

 

“What’s the exact time that your mother told you to be at home, Jonginnie?”

 

“By eight on Sundays and today is Sunday and by six on other days, you know because I’ve a lot of homework to do.”

 

“Today is Sunday and it’s still seven-thirty Jongin, we can make it back on time.” Kyungsoo insists before looking back at him. “And you know this place is really awesome, I found it and I wanted to show you that place first before anyone else. Don’t you want to know what hyung wants to show you?”

 

Jongin bites his lower lip, his small hand still wrapped around Kyungsoo’s bigger one. “I want to know but promise me hyung that you will bring me back on time.”

 

“I will,” he promises.

 

“Then okay, let’s go.”

 

It was already dark, nothing was visible and little Jongin’s heart was beating frantically inside his chest and if it wasn’t for Kyungsoo hyung he wouldn’t have made it to where they currently were. The path was uneven, small pebbles were everywhere, they weren’t visible in the dark but Jongin could feel them underneath his small shoes. Breeze was flowing all around them and Jongin, even in the darkness, could make out that they were walking between trees, a lot of trees. His hand clamped around Kyungsoo’s and the elder quickly squeezed the little one’s hand.

 

“We are almost there, Jonginnie,” the boy whispered much to the little boy’s relief.

 

“I got scolded that night because we couldn’t make it back on time,” Jongin whispers, admiring eyes still on the scene in front of him. Seoul always looked beautiful in night from here, the place that no one knew or at least Jongin wished no one knew. “I didn’t tell her where I was otherwise she would have killed me.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckles, “that was your mistake by the way. I told you a thousand times that we were getting late but you liked this so much that you didn’t want to go back.”

 

“I really didn’t want to.” Jongin admits, pointing at the sky. “Look above, the stars they are making this so much beautiful.”

 

“Yeah, stars.” Jongin nearly misses Kyungsoo’s “it’s not just stars, there’s something else” if not for the deafening silence around them. He blushes up to his ears, curling his hand around Kyungsoo’s shyly. “After that night you always insisted me to bring you here because you were too scared to come here alone.”

 

“I was never scared and I am still not,” Jongin declares, cringing at himself for speaking such a lie.

 

“Oh is that so? You are not scared anymore?”

 

“Nah, I used to come with you because I thought that you would feel alone and die of heart attack.” Kyungsoo doesn’t reply for seconds and it’s not until he looks beside himself that he realizes that Kyungsoo’s not beside him. He looks down at his hand, wondering when Kyungsoo pulled his own hand away. “Kyungsoo hyung?” Jongin whispers, tears gather in his eyes at the absolute silence around him, silence and darkness. He gulps before getting back on his feet, eyes worriedly wandering around the area around him. “Kyungsoo hyung, i-if this is one of your jokes, I-I am going to kill you.”

 

Silence.

 

He nearly burst into tears at the silence, he was never good with darkness and Kyungsoo, that knew that. “K-Kyungsoo hyung I am really scared.”

 

Silence.

 

That’s it, the omega bursts into tears and a loud sob breaks the silence of the once silent ambience. A sound comes behind him the next second and the omega stiffens on his spot, shutting his eyes tightly in fear. “H-hyung!” The next second two strong arms wrap around his waist from behind and the familiar scent of the alpha brings back the relief in him. “Kyungsoo hyung?”

 

“Hey, I am sorry I didn’t know that, owww! Jonginnie!

 

“I hate you so damn much—”

 

“Hey, I am so sorry, I didn’t know that you will get so scared, sorry, Jonginnie.”

 

Jongin sniffles, eyes blurry and cheeks flushed red with all the crying, the omega looks up into the other’s eyes feeling sad at the sad look that Kyungsoo passes him. Moonlight falls casting a glow at them and Jongin is suddenly hit with the realization, a lot of them one of them being that he never realized how much handsome Kyungsoo actually is. Like a kid who got his favorite toy on his demand, Jongin stops crying, his unblinking eyes staring into Kyungsoo’s own wide ones. Silence. Jongin doesn’t know what happened next, or what he exactly felt that something in him made him want to lean up and press his own lips to Kyungsoo’s plush ones. The alpha reacted immediately and stiffened on his spot, arms still winded around Jongin’s willowy waist.

 

Mate.

 

Something in him screamed. Jongin’s closed eyes flew open immediately and the omega jerked back, eyes trying to adjust in the dim lighting around them.

 

“Felt that too?” Kyungsoo asked in a whisper, his hand holding Jongin’s cheek in a rather delicate hold. “That spark, did you feel that, Jonginnie?”

 

Jongin gulps, “I-I did.” Tears uncontrollably fall from his eyes and Kyungsoo quickly pulls him into a hug, kissing his head, again and again, reassuring the omega that he was there, he wasn’t alone. Not anymore.

 

“We are mates, Jonginnie, you are my omega.”

 

*

 

Everything after that was like a dream come true.

 

Although nothing was going as Jongin expected them to go as he still very much appreciated everything that happened. Jongin hadn’t thought that something like that would happen. Ever. With him being the unluckiest omega born on the face of the earth.

 

How Kyungsoo managed to hide everything for such a long time is still a mystery for him and how he could handle the pain that Jongin wasn’t carrying his child but someone else’ was a huge concern for the omega, something that Kyungsoo always avoided to talk about. Why wouldn’t he? The omega, whenever they start talking about his past, would go all teary-eyed and wouldn’t be able to speak anything about that. Kyungsoo wasn’t brave enough to see his mate in pain and the feeling was that of agony, they haven’t mated yet and that only made all the suffering worst.

 

The time that he actually realized that he couldn’t live his life without Kyungsoo was the day when the alpha introduced Jongin to his friends and accepted that Jongin was carrying his child for six months already and he hid Jongin from everyone because he wanted to keep Jongin safe and away from the limelight for the time being.

 

He sounded unhesitant.

 

He sounded very much in love.

 

“Kyungsoo was always this kind of ,” Lucas says eyes curving into pretty crescents as he smiles at the elder alpha. “He always hid everything from us so you are not exactly a surprise for us.” He then nods toward Jongin.

 

“And besides its good to see him in love with someone who’s not a cat,” Jaebum calls from the other end of the officeKyungsoo’s office. He sounds amused and rolls his eyes when Kyungsoo threatens to cut his pay of this month. “In your dreams, .”

 

“AH! Remind me why I am friends with you two in the first place.”

 

“Because we are cool, dude.”

 

“When the baby’s coming out of your tummy, Jongin?” Lucas asks, apparently filter of his mouth has stopped working completely. Last time that it stopped working was just a few minutes ago when the alpha told Jongin that ‘you are pretty, I can understand why he likes to hide you. This likes to have pretty things on his bed and no one else’s.’ Kyungsoo had only slapped him on the back of his neck.

 

Lucas’s remark only ended up embarrassing the two because they haven’t made even a single move other than kissing each other on mouths or sometimes (when Kyungsoo really, really can’t help himself) Kyungsoo practically eating out Jongin’s mouth. Nothing more than that and Kyungsoo believes that Jongin wouldn’t want to cross that line, at least not now, not when he’s sixth month pregnant and the baby would come out in three months.

 

The fact that Jongin was not carrying Kyungsoo’s but his ’s child was almost forgotten, they didn’t talk about it and mostly try to erase that memory off Jongin’s mind. It works to some extent but mostly stays on his mind to haunt him in the middle of the night.

 

It was the beginning of Jongin’s eighth month of pregnancy when it got pretty bad, when he would get nightmares that would keep him awake all night and if Kyungsoo’s not present there, it always got pretty worse. It was about two in the morning when he felt sudden crawling on his skin, suddenly his legs were pinned down by two strong arms, another two strong were holding down him by his hands, there was a breath fawning over his cheeks, it smelled, it was dirty, the touch on his bare skin was ugly and dirty and the man soon leaned in, leaned in, leaned in and Jongin screamed

 

Kyungsoo jolted beside him on the bed and in a quick second switched on the lights of the room, getting scared at the sight of Jongin crying in his sleep, shivering under the blanket and mumbling some incoherent words under his breath. He knew what it was and he wasted no time in gathering Jongin in his own arms, pulling the pregnant omega closer to his chest and whispering words of apology and reassurance in his hair. He didn’t know if Jongin was hearing anything, keeping in mind that the omega was still sleeping, but he didn’t stop anyway. He continued, continued till the sun shined brightly. His eyes were heavy but the determination of keeping Jongin safe and calm was stronger.

 

It wasn’t just a mere connection between their wolves, it was more than thatit was soul recognition. It was love that, no matter what, wouldn’t lose and a mutual feeling that chased them and made them impatient for each other. It made sure that they make sure that their loved one is safe, sound and contented. To be sure of other’s well-being, no matter what.

 

Kyungsoo decided to tell Minseok about Jongin in the omega’s eighth month of pregnancy. He didn’t tell Jongin about his plan and like a surprise presented Minseok in front of the omega when he came back from company in the company. He left the siblings alone for some bonding time and patiently waited for them to end whatever conversation they were havingJongin’s cries were echoing inside their home and Kyungsoo was getting impatient.

 

“Did Baekhyun and Jongdae ask of me?” Jongin asks timidly, curling on his brother’s side. A low growl comes from somewhere beside them but the brothers don’t pay it any mind. “Do they ask anything about me?”

 

“They don’t,” Minseok whispered, “you don’t need to worry about them, Jongin, they weren’t your true friends anyway.”

 

Tears gathered in the omega’s eyes and he sobbed, “I always thought of them as my brothers. I-I thought that we will grow old together and—”

 

“They moved on from you, Jongin, you need to do that too, no matter how bad it hurts. That’s life.”

 

“That’s life,” Kyungsoo agrees.

 

“What a-about mother and father, do they miss me?”

 

“They don’t.”

 

“That’s life, Jonginnie.”

 

Minseok started coming to their house to meet Jongin, not every day but he did every once in a while and the already strong relationship between the brothers grew stronger.

 

Minseok was there when Jongin got in labor, Kyungsoo was in the company.

 

A shrill cry of a baby woke them up from their trance and both the alphas stood up, swollen eyes welling up with new tears. Doctor came out in a few minutes with a huge smile, patting them on their shoulders before announcing proudly that “it’s a girl, you should be extra happy”.

 

Their happiness was out of the world.

 

Jongin was struggling between trying to stay wide awake and sleeping back into unconsciousness. The baby was lying on the cradle, waiting for someone’s love on her. Although, both the alphas were in dilemma to which side they should goto Jongin or the baby girlbut in the end went to the baby when Jongin asked them to bring the baby to him. She was small, so small, that the two alphas were scared to even touch and harm her someway, and it was not until the baby started crying that Kyungsoo picked her in his arms and with Minseok walked toward Jongin.

 

“She is so pretty, Jonginnie,” Minseok whispered, eyes tearing up because he was uncle now. That, on some extent, made him feel old but on the other hand it was something that he wouldn’t want any other way.

 

“She is,” Jongin agreed, shaking his head when Kyungsoo asked him to pick her in his arms. “I feel like jelly, I am afraid that I will drop her.”

 

“Oh, no you won’t but okay take rest,” Kyungsoo said, carding his fingers through Jongin’s hair.

 

“Kim’s have good genes.” Minseok announces, laughing. While all three of them were aware about the realitythe baby being born because of ual abuse of the very omega who gave her birth, no one wanted to talk about it. They wanted to leave the past behind and move on. They wanted to accept the baby as God’s gift to them and not refuse her because she was nothing but result of something that ruined Jongin’s life.

 

“We will name her Jisso,”

 

“That’s a pretty name.” Jongin and Minseok nods.

 

“Do Jongin and Do Jisso.”

 

While they have a long way to go, they wouldn’t want to live without each other.