Shot

Romance in the Church (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After three days Youngjae was discharged from the hospital.

Junhong showed the older to a small room he has rented after the incident turned sour. Inside of the dusky room, Youngjae noticed Junhong’s eighty-six-year-old great grandmother resting on a low, old sofa. The taller brought Youngjae’s bag over to a bed that sat alone on one side of the room. As he dropped the package onto the creaky bed, he pivoted his head to the other’s direction. There he saw how Youngjae was intently looking at his grandmother. “In case Yongguk send someone to my old place, I had no choice but to bring her with me,”

Youngjae kneels next to the grey-haired woman as she softly glanced up. A smile spread across his face as he greeted her. “Remember me? I’m Youngjae,”

The elder smiled, gummily, at him but said nothing. With a stressful sigh, Junhong walked over to the single counter as he opened up the fridge. “She’s deaf in both ears so there’s no use talking to her,”

Followed by a moment of silence, Youngjae began to reminisce, “Seeing her again brings back memories. I remember when we were kids, running around the church and she would always bring over cookies to distract us from getting too loud,” Youngjae paused as he glimpsed over to Junhong who was putting together a ham-sandwich. “She baked the best cookies,”

Junhong sighed once more as he stated, “Really? All I can remember is how stubborn her cookies were. Just like her,”

The latter breathed out a gentle chuckle, “She was pretty stubborn,”

With Junhong’s long legs, it took him about three steps and he was directly beside Youngjae. “Here, have this for now. I’ll get us something proper later tonight,”

Youngjae accepted the sandwich as he observed it, “What’s this? Did you put ketchup in it?”

Junhong dropped back first onto the bed across from Youngjae’s, “Huh? Thought you liked ketchup,”

The other sighed, “I told you to be more thoughtful of me, didn’t I? Jongup liked ketchup, not me,”

His answer had the other sitting up as he rubbed his hands awkwardly, “Ah, right. Sorry…,”

Jongup and Junhong were the best of friends as they were the youngest among the group. Youngjae could tell Junhong was bothered by Jongup still missing. Of course Daehyun too, but Jongup to Junhong was like Himchan to Youngjae.

After the mission, Youngjae regretted bringing Junhong into the field he supposedly worked in. Back then, Yongguk talked about needing a getaway driver nonstop. And as Youngjae attended the same church as Junhong, who was an excellent driver, he talked the goalless eighteen-year-old into working with them.

“Don’t look at me like that,” this time Junhong spoke, with a bold voice, “I didn’t intentionally mean to put ketchup in your sandwich,”

Youngjae scoffed a chuckle to clear the stuffy room, “Did I say anything?”

“It’s like you feel bad. Almost like you pity me for making a mistake. I’ll admit, I’m worried sick about Jongup and Daehyun’s whereabouts. But what about you? I told you Himchan was announced dead yet you’ve hardly reacted,” Junhong’s voice increased in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter